Windows Essentials Codec Pack is one of the most comprehensive collection of Media Codecs, Filters, Splitters and other tools that will enable you to play 99% of all the movies, music and flash files you download off the internet.
Windows Essentials Codec Pack also includes a set of powerful filters that can enhance the video quality as well as audio quality and it comes complete with an automatic update service that will keep your computer up-to-date with the latest software upgrades as soon as they become available.
Windows Essentials Codec Pack was especially designed to fix the many errors and software conflicts caused by other codec packs which routinely install obsolete or overlapping codecs, and it's guaranteed to keep your to keep your computer up-to-date with the latest software upgrades.
Windows Essentials Codec Pack is designed as a near complete solution for all your video and audio needs, with it you can play Audio CDs, DVDs, (S)VCDs and XCDs on the fly, and it adds support for 3GP, AAC, AC3, APE, AVI, DivX, 3ivx, DAT, h.264, x264, AVC, Nero Digital, DTS, FLV, FLAC, HD-MOV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, M4A, MPC, MP3, MP4, MO3, MOD, MKV/MKA, MTM, OFR, TTA, OGG/OGM, S3M, Vorbis, VOB, WavPack, ATRAC3, XviD, XM, WV, UMX and many more formats.
So you could play any video or audio file with your favorite media player or with the free and wonderful Media Player Classic player that comes included with WECP.
Included Codecs, DirectShow, VfW Filters and Tools:
- FFDShow: DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX, XviD, H.264, FLV1, WMV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and various other audio and video formats. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder
- Gabest FLV Splitter: Capable of splitting Flash Video files (FLV) and decoding On2 VP62 Video streams (notable users of the FLV format include YouTube, Google Video, Reuters.com, Yahoo! Video and MySpace.)
- Gabest MPEG-2 Decoder Filter: Decodes MPEG2 video (the stuff on a DVD). The filter currently has an extremely low merit level and also MPEG1 decoding removed. It is primarily included as a fallback for DVD MPEG2 decoding if the user does not already have another MPEG2 decoder installed. A few other patches donated by Haali for interlaced/progressive fixes
- Gabest VobSub & TextSub filter: For displaying subtitles. It will attempt to disable any previous DirectVobSub installations you might have
- CoreWavePack: Decodes WavPack audio and splits WavPack audio files (.WV) for playback in DirectShow. The only DirectShow implementation to support all three WavPack modes: lossless, lossy, and hybrid
- Haali Media Splitter: DirectShow filter, primarily designed to parse MKV files. It also supports MP4, OGM and AVI. It is widely regarded as the most stable and functional MKV splitter.
- Media Player Classic: an open source media player that looks just like Windows Media Player, but has many additional features. It has a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support
- WECP Media Update Service: Keep your computer up-to-date with the latest codecs, filters and various upgrades with WECP own Update Service
- WECP Codec Repair Tool: Fix registry errors and software conflicts caused by installation of too many codecs
- Autorun Repair Wizard: Scan your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds
Changes in Windows Essentials Codec Pack 4.6:
- Added a 64-bit version
- New H.264 decoder
- Improved subtitle rendering
- Support for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming
Homepage - http://www.mediacodec.org
Size: 653 KB