This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers and hackers from viewing your email, instant messages, credit card information or anything else you send over a wireless network. Which means you remain anonymous and protect your privacy.
But while you’re enjoying your coffee, some hacker might be accessing your passwords, credit card numbers, sensitive company data and more. And standard antivirus software won’t protect you. That’s why AnchorFree is pleased to offer Hotspot Shield VPN program.
Hotspot Shield is free to download, employs the latest VPN technology, and is easy to install and use. This security software keeps your Internet connection secure at public hotspots, home or work.
Benefits of Hotspot Shield VPN:
- Unblock websites. This VPN lets you unblock YouTube, Facebook and Twitter or any sites at school, the library or your office. You can bypass filters and firewalls set by your network administrator to gain access to your favorite content anytime and anywhere you want.
- Anonymous surfing. Because of privacy and security concerns, you may want to browse the Web anonymously. The app creates an encrypted tunnel between your computer and our servers to let you conduct your online activities anonymously, without being tracked and spied upon.
- Hide your IP address. The Internet is full of spammers, snoopers, and hackers. They silently monitor your online activities and steal your sensitive data. Such as credit card information and passwords when you least expect it. If you connect with Hotspot Shield enabled, you get a new US IP address. That masks your actual IP address and you are able to surf the Internet anonymously.
- Private and secure browsing. VPN offers an enhanced level of security online. Whenever you connect to the Internet through Hotspot Shield VPN, your data, including passwords, financial transactions and instant messages, is secured and encrypted. In addition, all of your personal information is hidden from web spies.
- WiFi security. If you browse the Internet at a public WiFi hotspot like the Starbuck in your town, anyone on that network can monitor and spy on your web activities. Irrespective of where you connect from, a personal VPN secures your web browsing session and keeps your private data considerably more private.
- Malware protection. Hotspot Shield VPN will alert you if you visit sites which contain malware, and then will block that website. It detects and blocks more than 3.5 million malicious, phishing and spam sites from infecting your device.
- Data compression for iPhone and Android. Hotspot Shield VPN technology compresses the web content that passes through our secure servers. So that you can get twice as much content for the same bandwidth cost. The savings can be huge if you are roaming while traveling abroad in countries such as Switzerland or Japan that have high data charges. It also comes with a useful feature that allows you to track the data savings generated in each browsing session.
What’s new in Hotspot Shield 7.0:
- New and improved UI
- In-app sign-in – sign in to your Elite account easily from within the app—no longer required to sign in via browser
- One button to connect and disconnect – Toggle the same button on the app’s home screen to turn Hotspot Shield on and off
- No more Protection modes (Full, Smart, Selected) – staying protected is now simpler with the new Auto-On feature for Networks and Sites
- Auto-on for Networks – automatically connects Hotspot Shield based on the connected network type (unsafe, safe, other)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Kill Switch
Homepage – https://www.hotspotshield.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.