CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This application is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
You can run CCleaner from a USB drive and install on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
The program is especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. Contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in version 6.06.10144 (2022-11-16):
All-new cleaning for Windows 11
- Microsoft Teams: 13 different types of cached data, log files and other temporary files
- Skype: removes cached data
- Microsoft News: cleans up temporary browsing files (images, HTML data) and cookies
- Windows Defender: removes log files which are unnecessary for the average user
- OneDrive for Windows 11: clears out unneeded cache files
- Temporary files: tweaked for Windows 11
- Microsoft Clipchamp: cleans this video editor on Windows 11
Other cleaning improvements
- Windows Explorer: detects and removes outdated Windows Search data, log files, and shortcuts to recently used files
- Start Menu Notifications: new rule which removes Live Tiles from your Start Menu
- Microsoft Family Safety: removes temporary files & folders
- Chrome and Opera: more extensive cleaning definitions
- Slack: additional cache & log file cleaning
- AnyDesk: delete old chat logs, trace files, as well as cached png and icon files
- RealPlayer: detects and removes JPG and thumbnail files, cache files, and outdated index files from all versions of RealPlayer SP, 15, 16, and Cloud
- Resso: new cleaning for this music streaming app
Cleaning for apps installed via Microsoft Store
- McAfee Personal Security AntiVirus
- Video Compressor: Resize & Compress Video
- Fixed rare crash during app upgrade process
- Fixed rare crash during app update process
- Drivers no longer shown as ‘Skipped’ if updated by another app
- Driver version still shown as ‘Skipped’ if driver downdated by another app
Changes in version 6.05.10102 (2022-10-19):
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
We’ve stopped various games and other apps from accidentally being put into ‘sleep mode’:
- Riot Vanguard/Valorant
- Logitech MX Master
- Alienware Command Center
- Winzip Courier
Simplifying the app
- We’ve made minor updates to the look and feel of some of our screens to make them more consistent and easier to read
- In Performance Optimizer, we’ve added text to indicate when another app is preventing CCleaner from putting an app into ‘sleep mode’
- We’ve added a handy link to Premium Tech Support for CCleaner Premium customers
- We fixed several types of uncommon crash when launching CCleaner
- We fixed a write error that sometimes occurs during the update process
- We fixed an issue where programs in the Performance Optimizer ignore list remained after uninstalling and reinstalling CCleaner
Keeping you safe
- Our commitment to keeping the app secure means we frequently close off potential security issues, even if minor
- In this release, we have focused on addressing issues found through expert penetration testing
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 49.9 MB