CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This application is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
You can run CCleaner from a USB drive and install on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
The program is especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. Contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in version 6.15.10623 (2023-08-16):
- New cleaning rules for BlueStacks 5, GoToMeeting, Icecream Screen Recorder, iTop PDF, NordPass, and Proton VPN.
- Updated cleaning rules for VMware Player and VMware Horizon Client.
- Driver Updater UX improvements and minor bug fixes.
Changes in version 6.14.10584 (2023-07-19):
- Improved the troubleshooting assistant that helps you quickly identify and reverse a problematic driver update.
- Additional improvements in security and stability.
Changes in version 6.13.10517 (2023-06-14):
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
- Cleaning rule upgrade improves the cleaning of more than 30 applications including:
- Box Drive 64 Bit
- Corel PaintShop Pro 2021 64 bit
- Google Drive & Google Drive Backup and Sync
- Nextcloud Desktop Client
- Plex Media Server. Plex Home Theatre application
- TortoiseGit, TortoiseSVN
- VMware Player, VMware Horizon Client
- VNC Viewer
- Windows Defender backup
- And others
- Further enhancements to smart cookie scanning in Health Check including:
- More frequently chosen websites for Cookie Allowlist.
- Website URL spelling validation and already saved bookmarks validation.
Fixing bugs and other improvements:
- Additional improvements in stability, accessibility, and security – digital signature algorithm verification.
- OperaGX bookmarks can now be correctly imported.
- Fixed a bug that could show paused driver updates in the Skipped category instead of the Paused category.
- The appropriate message “No Bookmarked websites yet” is now displayed when a user with no bookmarks clicks on “Import cookies” in the Health Check Cookie Allowlist.
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 55.6 MB