Sophos Home is the business class cybersecurity for home users. It takes security far beyond traditional antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection from the latest ransomware, malicious software, and hacking attempts.
Sophos Home not only provides advanced protection against ransomware. It can detect a ransomware attack in progress, block it, and automatically roll back files to an unencrypted state.
This Sophos antivirus solution automatically blocks websites known to contain viruses or malware. Also it protects your banking and credit card information from being intercepted by third-parties and key-logger software.
The Sophos advanced technologies have earned the MRG Effitas certification for Secure Online Banking. Parental Web Filtering allows you to control what content you and your family have access to by blocking access to websites based on simple categories. Moreover, you will get reports on restricted websites your children attempt to visit.
Free Version protects 3 Devices.
Premium Version protects 10 Devices.
As you know, cybercriminals can use your webcam or microphone to secretly spy on you. Sophos Home alerts you when an outside source is attempting to access your webcam or microphone, giving you the option to allow or block the action.
Immediately after installation, Sophos Home performs a deep scan and clean to eradicate malware and unwanted applications that may be slowing down your computer or threatening your security.
With Sophos Home, you can easily view and manage computer security for anyone in your life – whether they’re in the same house or in another country. And it works for both Macs and PCs.
Sophos Home Features:
- Real-Time Antivirus. Protects against known viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, bots, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), ransomware, and more.
- Parental Web Filtering. Allows you to control the content your children can view online
- Web Protection from Known Malicious Sites. Leverages the vast SophosLabs blacklist database to prevent connections to compromised or dangerous sites.
- Remote Management. Secures multiple devices in any location from a simple web interface.
- Advanced Real-time Protection (Premium). Protects against new and developing malware, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats.
- Advanced Ransomware Protection (Premium). Stops the latest ransomware from encrypting your files and drives.
- Advanced Web Protection (Premium). Blocks phishing sites and bad or compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping.
- Banking Protection (Premium). Protects your banking and credit card information from being intercepted by third-parties and key-logger software.
- Privacy Protection (Premium). Monitors access to your webcam, and blocks attempts to record your keystrokes.
- Advanced Malware Removal (Premium). Removes previous malware infections.
- Support (Premium). Live email and chat Monday to Friday from 8am-8pm ET (UTC-5).
Changes in Version 126.96.36.199:
- Improvements to network traffic flow
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Changes in Version 188.8.131.52:
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Changes in Version 4.2.1:
- Enables Sting20
- Switches over to SDDS3 updating
Changes in Version 4.1.0:
- Improves tracking cookie detection
- Various performance and bug fixes.
Changes in Version 4.0.1:
- Accessing the Dashboard and Toggling off Tamper protection from the Sophos Home Shield now prompts the user for their Windows password.
- Various Bug fixes and improvements
Changes in Version 3.3.0:
- Fixes an issue where some Microsoft games were unable to be added as local exclusions.
- Various bugs and performance fixes
Changes in Version 3.2.3:
- Resolves an issue where the Sophos Home user interface did not sometimes update properly after a version update and would apply on the second update
- Fixes an issue where if the user chooses the ‘ignore’ action for a Malicious Threat Detection event in the dashboard, then a message with an empty path could be shown from the user interface.
- Fixes an issue where the user interface language changes according to region format selected in Windows, rather than the language setting in Windows.
Homepage – https://home.sophos.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- macOS 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, 11 Big Sur, 12 Monterey