Recognizing 192 languages in any language combination, FineReader’s unmatched recognition and conversion technologies have been boosted to eliminate retyping or reformatting.
ABBYY FineReader PDF preserves all original formats, and recognizes tables and graphs with even higher accuracy. Background processing, quicker image loading and one-click automation get more done, far faster, while verification and editing tools streamline proofing and editing of OCR results.
In addition, image pre-processing optimizes digital image conversions and new Text Extraction pulls content sections for reuse elsewhere.
Use your digital camera or mobile phone as a portable “scanner” to capture text from hardcopy documents, books and newspapers. As well as from banners, posters and other media.
- Convert your camera images into electronic text files for editing, archiving, creating new documents and other purposes.
- Edit a scanned document or an image PDF. Edit and create new documents based on paper or image-only originals. FineReader’s ability to turn documents, however complex their layouts, into editable files saves you significant time and effort.
- Search and archive documents. ABBYY FineReader also lets you transform the information trapped in paper or images into actionable, searchable, digital content.
- Extract information from paper originals. Quickly access content trapped in image-only PDFs and scans. Instantly copy and quote sections of content, including text, tables or images.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a technology that enables conversion of images, received from scanner or digital camera, and PDFs to editable and searchable text documents ready for editing, quoting, search, and archiving.
ABBYY FineReader 16 is a highly intelligent OCR software for creating editable and searchable electronic files from scanned paper documents, PDFs and digital photographs. The application reaches beyond typical OCR capabilities. Such as page by page recognition by processing complex, multipage documents including their original structure.
Changes in FineReader PDF 22.214.171.12477 Release 2 (2022-11-10):
- Problems with product updates: config.permanent.xml replacing
- Incorrect recognition of text with fracture
- Screenshot Reader failing to recognize text with diacritics
- Unexpected reordering of pages in OCR project
- Occasional crashes in specific user scenarios, including the use of View Mode in PDF Viewer with German or Hungarian UI language
Changes in FineReader PDF 126.96.36.19977 Rel 1 Upd 2 (2022-09-26):
- New tabbed user interface to provide maximum convenience and the most intuitive operation with the software.
- New “Organize Pages” tool for effective managing PDF pages and rearranging PDF documents in a convenient document overview mode with all necessary tools at hand.
- Improved performance to start working with PDF documents faster than ever, with 32% faster opening of PDF documents and up to 2 times faster background recognition, text layout creation, and preparation of PDFs for editing.
- The latest optical character recognition (OCR) technology for greater conversion accuracy, with 17% fewer OCR mistakes done.
- Expanded deployment options and improved license management tools for organizations, including support of FineReader PDF deployment in Microsoft Azure.
Changes in FineReader PDF 188.8.131.5243 Rel 9 Upd 7 (2022-03-28):
- Added subscription prolongation dialog (all editions except Sprint)
- Fixed the problem with simultaneous usage of FR Sprint in one LAN by multiple users (Sprint only).
- Fixed: EULA was wrongly displayed after repairing the software installation (Sprint only).
Changes in FineReader PDF 184.108.40.20623 Rel 9 Upd 5 (2022-03-03):
- Barcodes of type “Code 39” was not recognized in OCR Editor.
- An error occurred in the marked table before recognizing in OCR Editor.
- The program didn’t identify all installed certificates when adding a digital signature.
- Internal program error occurred when converting a file from OCR Editor to Excel.
- When adding digital signatures, signatures with PIN were not available to use.
Homepage – https://www.abbyy.com Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 726 MB