Convert your audio files with the Nero AAC Codec – FREE! In order to use the software, download the archive and save it to a folder on your hard drive. The software contains a command line Nero AAC Codec without a graphical user interface. The applications must be retrieved either from the command prompt, batch file, or from the “Run” command in Microsoft Windows start menu. The encoder requires WAV files in PCM wave format as input and provides MP4 in MPEG-4/3GPP file format as output, as well as quality and bitrate values as parameters. The decoder requires input in MPEG-4/3GPP file format and provides PCM wave files as output. For more detailed information about the basic and advanced options of the codec, refer to the readme.txt file provided in the archive.
Nero Digital is a brand name applied to a suite of MPEG-4-compatible video and audio compression codecs developed by Nero AG of Germany and Ateme of France. The audio codecs are integrated into the Nero Digital Audio+ audio encoding tool for Microsoft Windows, and the audio and video codecs are integrated into Nero’s Recode DVD ripping software.
Nero Digital is a set of codecs. We use open industry standard codecs (and even extended it a little) to achieve highest compatibility on all sorts of devices and players. Videos created with Nero’s codecs (using the Nero Digital Media Suite) can usually be played anywhere or more precisely by any player which is supporting open standard codecs (such as MPEG-4 and AVC/H.264).
Furthermore you can enjoy a vast variety of video files on Digital Media Players like you have in your living room (DVD-Players, set-top boxes, Digital TV’s and DMAs) who carry the Nero Digital logo.
Nero AAC reference quality MPEG-4 and 3GPP audio codec:
* Compression ratios ranging from Ultra High (58 CDs fit on one!) to High-End Audio (2.5:1), for absolutely perfect audiophile encodings
* Crystal-clear, award-winning sound quality at every compression ratio and bit rate!
* Support for embedded album art including covers, booklets, and lyrics
* Store an entire audio album in a single .mp4 file with all the features of an Audio CD embedded inside, but at a fraction of the space!
* Reference quality MPEG-4 audio codec
* Fully compatible with the latest version of the state-of-the-art MPEG-4 audio standard (LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HE-AAC v2)
MPEG-4: Use of this product in any manner that complies with the MPEG-4 Audio Standard is prohibited, except for use by a consumer engaging in personal and non-commercial activities.
AAC: The command line encoder is using the MP4 file format I/O library for writing AAC audio to ISO/IEC 14496-1 compatible container. This library is available under MPL from www.mpeg4ip.net.
Changes in Nero AAC Codec 22.214.171.124 (September 17, 2008):
– Improved multichannel encoding
– Solved compatibility issues with some hardware devices
– Improved CBR bitrate control
– Ignore wave file length of 0 on -ignorelength
– Solved issue with very long files and -2pass
– Removed special SSE compile, all optimizations have been merged with the normal compile
– Linux version speed optimized
– Encoder exits gracefully and writes valid MP4 file on ctrl+c
– Fixed incorrect channel output for 7.1 encodings
– Linux version available
Homepage – http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-aac-codec.html
Size: 1.73 MB