Whether you want to protect your own devices or the whole family’s, this is the right solution for you. You’ll get free antivirus that’s AVG Zen enabled to protect unlimited Windows, Mac and Android devices all from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
One device or many, they’re all included. You can also add your family’s devices easily, and extend your full protection features to them for free. The days of checking up on the security of all your devices one by one are over.
With Free AVG Zen app for Android, you can remotely manage the protection of all your PC and Android devices. And keep track of the security status of any Mac – all from one place.
Features of AVG Internet Security – Unlimited:
- Antivirus. Helps stop, remove and prevent the spreading of viruses, worms, and trojans.
- Anti-Malware. Protects you from malware on your PC and helps stop anything that’s infected.
- Anti-Rootkit. Helps keep control of your PC in your hands, not some hacker’s.
- Enhanced Firewall. Blocks hackers attempting to access the private data stored on your PC. Stops malware taking over your computer or from harming other peoples. Works on wired and wireless networks.
- Anti-Spam. Prevents spammers and scammers from getting to you. Reduces your risks of falling prey to online spam by scanning and checking all your emails for suspect content and code.
- Email Scanner. Detects infected or rogue inbound attachments so they can’t damage your PC. Works as a plug-in for email applications including Microsoft Outlook or as a scanner for POP3, SMTP and IMAP accounts.
- Protective Cloud Technology. Identifies and prevents emerging threats “in the cloud” via automatic updates to your antivirus software.
- AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. Smart prevention technology that stops you hitting infected or criminal sites. Actively checks every webpage just before you click and stops you if it detects anything suspicious.
- Social Networking Protection. Checks the links that get exchanged when you’re on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc. to help keep you and your friends safe.
- Real-Time Outbreak Detection. Added crowd intelligence to our existing cloud-based Outbreak Detection technology to identify even the newest malware variants and outbreaks in real-time.
- Ransomware Protection against attacks that encrypt personal photos, documents, emails, etc. for ransom.
- Webcam Protection ends webcam spying for good by blocking malware and untrusted apps from hijacking webcam to spy on users.
- AVG Identity Protection. Analyzes a software’s behavior in real-time to determine if it’s safe. This feature helps protect you against 0-day threats and malicious programs that could steal your passwords, bank account details, and other digital valuables.
- File Shredder. Deletes data securely using processes that prevent them being accessed or recovered by someone else.
- Data Safe. Encrypts and stores your valuable documents, pictures or any other files onto a password-protected virtual disk on your PC. Use Windows Explorer to move files into your Data Safe and open them just like any other disk.
- Turboscan. Dramatically shortens scanning times thanks to a smarter scanning sequence that follows the order in which files are saved to the hard drive.
- Game Mode. Keeps scans and updates at bay while you play to avoid lags and freezes. Also safeguards your digital profile from hackers looking to steal and sell your game rewards.
- Smart Scanner. Only scans your PC when you’re not using it. Drops to low-priority mode as soon as you move your mouse or hit a key. To keep scan times to a minimum, it ignores the files it’s already scanned and knows are safe.
- Works with AVG Performance. Get an overview of the performance of all connected devices, and remotely clean clutter from your PCs.
- Works with AVG PrivacyFix. See the privacy status of all your devices at a glance.
- Remote Scan. Remotely scan any of your PC or Android devices for viruses and make sure their security is up-to-date.
- Share features. Extend all your PRO protection features to your family’s devices for free when you add them to your network.
- Auto-Fix. Detects and alerts you to any security risk, providing a simple one-click Auto-Fix button. That automatically fixes the problem and resets the system to the best protection mode.
Changes in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.6.2474:
- Useful Smart Scan notifications — We’ve fine-tuned the behavior of Smart Scan with improved initialization steps, and ensured that you receive proper notifications about scheduled scans.
- Better feature shortcuts — We’ve changed the main tile navigation so Avast Antivirus features are easier to distinguish from shortcuts to other Avast products.
Bug fixes and improvements for:
- The latest renderer version stopped supporting CPUs with SSE2, so we needed to add an install block and freeze users using this older pieces of HW on 21.4 version
- Fixed cases of infinite loader when turning off some of core shield via Settings
- Fixed support tool (collection logs and info for customer support and debugging) that was not properly grabbing AV status and subscription status in Rescue Disk, plus it now reports WSC status
- FYI: Virus Chest has been renamed to Quarantine
- Fixed removal of scheduled tasks
- Fixed a case when some of antivirus windows opened in the background (behind other full-screen app) even if this was not desired while interacting with it
- …and a lot of security improvements we can’t be more concrete about
Changes in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.5.3185:
Major public announcements
- Fewer interruptions in fullscreen — When you’re running another app fullscreen, our antivirus will no longer open on top and interrupt you. We apologize if this happened to you! (And don’t worry, threat warnings will still appear, so you’ll always know about malware even while watching your favorite film)
- Introducing Webcam Shield reminders — If you’ve configured Webcam Shield to automatically block or allow apps, we’ll now remind you of this when an app tries to access your webcam so you don’t sit around wondering why your webcam isn’t working. (For Premium Security only)
Bug fixes for:
- Software Updater is giving us a headache these days – We had to temporarily remove this feature from Smart Scan to patch a few bugs, but users can still find and use it from their menu. We’ll be slowly rolling it back out to Smart Scan, so if you don’t see it there yet, please wait a few more days
- We’ve updated our UI rendered CEF to a new version (chromium 90.0.4430.93) to patch known security flaws
- Fixed issue with creating Rescue Disk for UEFI format (next to BIOS)
- Other Rescue Disk improvements: fixed a bug that prevented Rescue Disk from starting, improved keyboard controls, etc.
- Fixed a tray icon error that showed an issue notification despite everything being OK
- Fixed a Firewall issue where driver aswNetHub.sys caused a BSOD
- Fixed a leak of GDI objects
- Fixed the AvastClear utility, which didn’t properly remove the antivirus from Windows Security Centre
- …and a lot of other improvements
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.4.3179:
Major public announcements
- Improved Wi-Fi Inspector — We now scan for even more types of threats, and our improved results screen allows you to better understand what we’ve found thanks to clearer explanations, better organization, and improved tips for resolving detected problems
- No more popups in streams — Good news, Windows 10 users! Our antivirus popups will no longer appear in your screen recordings and streams
- Enhanced exceptions — Exceptions for scans and shields are now easier to add, customize, and maintain
- More installation options — You now have more installation options when activating subscriptions that contain multiple apps
Other notable improvements and new functionalities:
- Family Sharing — Premium Security (Multi-device) users can now share their subscriptions with their family members. Subscriptions can be shared across Windows and Android devices (Mac and iOS to come later)
- We now recognize available (but not activated) products — We’ll no longer show offers for apps that users bought but haven’t yet installed
- We’ve added Detection IDs to Behavior Shield dialogs — Other shields have already had this, but now Behavior Shield also gets a unique ID so our Support and Thread Labs teams can better identify reported threats from screenshots that customers send us
- Added Sandbox and backend analysis parallelization to CyberCapture to minimize interruptions to our users while they interact with suspicious apps
- We’re now applying formatting (time, calendar, etc.) of Windows regional settings in our UI
Bug fixes for:
- Web content opened in the app-cart instead of browser
- Rescue Disks that booted in Windows Preinstall Environment triggered a restart [Win7]
- Sensitive Data Shield was not active after leaving Passive Mode through Settings
- The last file from the multi-selection was omitted
- Manually invoked Passive Mode did not require restart, caused some components (like CyberCapture) to misbehave
- Web Shield samples were not detected after the URL was removed from the exceptions
- …and many others
Homepage – https://www.avg.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS 10.10.x (Yosemite) and higher.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher.
Size: 541 MB