Whether you want to protect your own devices or the whole family’s, this is the right solution for you. You’ll get free antivirus that’s AVG Zen enabled to protect unlimited Windows, Mac and Android devices all from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
One device or many, they’re all included. You can also add your family’s devices easily, and extend your full protection features to them for free. The days of checking up on the security of all your devices one by one are over.
With Free AVG Zen app for Android, you can remotely manage the protection of all your PC and Android devices. And keep track of the security status of any Mac – all from one place.
Features of AVG Internet Security – Unlimited:
- Antivirus. Helps stop, remove and prevent the spreading of viruses, worms, and trojans.
- Anti-Malware. Protects you from malware on your PC and helps stop anything that’s infected.
- Anti-Rootkit. Helps keep control of your PC in your hands, not some hacker’s.
- Enhanced Firewall. Blocks hackers attempting to access the private data stored on your PC. Stops malware taking over your computer or from harming other peoples. Works on wired and wireless networks.
- Anti-Spam. Prevents spammers and scammers from getting to you. Reduces your risks of falling prey to online spam by scanning and checking all your emails for suspect content and code.
- Email Scanner. Detects infected or rogue inbound attachments so they can’t damage your PC. Works as a plug-in for email applications including Microsoft Outlook or as a scanner for POP3, SMTP and IMAP accounts.
- Protective Cloud Technology. Identifies and prevents emerging threats “in the cloud” via automatic updates to your antivirus software.
- AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. Smart prevention technology that stops you hitting infected or criminal sites. Actively checks every webpage just before you click and stops you if it detects anything suspicious.
- Social Networking Protection. Checks the links that get exchanged when you’re on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc. to help keep you and your friends safe.
- Real-Time Outbreak Detection. Added crowd intelligence to our existing cloud-based Outbreak Detection technology to identify even the newest malware variants and outbreaks in real-time.
- Ransomware Protection against attacks that encrypt personal photos, documents, emails, etc. for ransom.
- Webcam Protection ends webcam spying for good by blocking malware and untrusted apps from hijacking webcam to spy on users.
- AVG Identity Protection. Analyzes a software’s behavior in real-time to determine if it’s safe. This feature helps protect you against 0-day threats and malicious programs that could steal your passwords, bank account details, and other digital valuables.
- File Shredder. Deletes data securely using processes that prevent them being accessed or recovered by someone else.
- Data Safe. Encrypts and stores your valuable documents, pictures or any other files onto a password-protected virtual disk on your PC. Use Windows Explorer to move files into your Data Safe and open them just like any other disk.
- Turboscan. Dramatically shortens scanning times thanks to a smarter scanning sequence that follows the order in which files are saved to the hard drive.
- Game Mode. Keeps scans and updates at bay while you play to avoid lags and freezes. Also safeguards your digital profile from hackers looking to steal and sell your game rewards.
- Smart Scanner. Only scans your PC when you’re not using it. Drops to low-priority mode as soon as you move your mouse or hit a key. To keep scan times to a minimum, it ignores the files it’s already scanned and knows are safe.
- Works with AVG Performance. Get an overview of the performance of all connected devices, and remotely clean clutter from your PCs.
- Works with AVG PrivacyFix. See the privacy status of all your devices at a glance.
- Remote Scan. Remotely scan any of your PC or Android devices for viruses and make sure their security is up-to-date.
- Share features. Extend all your PRO protection features to your family’s devices for free when you add them to your network.
- Auto-Fix. Detects and alerts you to any security risk, providing a simple one-click Auto-Fix button. That automatically fixes the problem and resets the system to the best protection mode.
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.2.3170:
Major public announcements
- Introducing Hack Alerts — From now on, we’ll warn you if any passwords linked to your email address were compromised in a hack or a leak. (Just sign in to Avast Account within antivirus)
- New performance report tool — If you encounter any performance issues on your PC and you suspect we’re the culprit, you can now send us a report so we can investigate the issue (Just go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Record a performance problem)
Bug-fix and improvements:
- AV DNS finally no longer conflicts with our VPN solution
- Fixed product toasters that stole window’s focus
- Arranged for the proper order of dialogs in various alert-dialog flows (for reporting false positives, when the main UI is open, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where Passwords Protection (a Premium feature) was turned off for some users
- Fixed some rare cases where user settings weren’t stored properly during product updates
- Fixed rare problems with WebShield and HTTP/2 HPACK compression
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2020 20.10.3157:
- Expanded Password Protection – We now protect your passwords in the beta versions of browsers, too. (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and AVG Secure Browser – Premium Security Only)
- Rescue Disk improvements – Windows 7 users can celebrate knowing this feature works for them again, and we’ve improved its performance and made sure it properly cleans up related .DLLs for all users
- Bug stomping – Just the usual bug fixes that keep your antivirus going strong
- Restart PC dialogue no longer ignores the “Next century” reminder. (Just wait and see…)
- Fixed driver incompatibility with HVCI (AV installation now works when Windows Core Integrity memory isolation is on)
- Cleaned our code to remove obsolete pre-alpha and legacy licensing components
- UI now opens properly on scan results after an Explorer scan finishes (was not behaving properly with UI minimized)
- Fixed a crash that happened in log viewer when logs were too large
- Improved service stability by properly terminating some thread-hooks
- We now allow removing services without exe/dll file (fileless service)
- Got rid of unnecessary reboot required after specific types of detections
- …and loads of others
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2020 20.9.3152:
- CyberCapture results – Now in your notification center, you can see all results for suspicious files you’ve sent to our Threat Labs
- More versatile Password Protection – Along with Chrome and Opera, now support Microsoft Edge and Avast Secure Browser
- Vote for features – Vote for your favorite premium features, or submit your ideas for new ones.
- Performance improvements – Your antivirus components should now load even faster thanks to simultaneous loading of our main service and VPS
- Moved Do Not Disturb module to separate “tools” service for better performance
- Minor accessibility adjustments (e.g., added tray shortcuts, improved confirmation dialogs when disabling shields, etc.)
- Corrected some issues with Sensitive Data Shield on x86 systems
- Sensitive Data Shield also now protects manually added files without having to restart your PC
- Fixed minor bug so Behavior Shield doesn’t duplicate detections already covered by File Shield
- Fixed a rare case where Firewall would trigger an ask dialog for already stopped processes
- Fixed a rare case where switching languages could fail
- Fixed some licensing hiccups with Cleanup and VPN wallet keys when being activated by AV
- Optimized scanning of QUIC connections
- …and about 100 others
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2020 20.8.3144:
- Improved accessibility – The interface is now better suited for impaired users
- Safer web browsing – Web Shield now supports scanning for threats in Google’s QUIC protocol
- Friendlier CyberCapture – If you stumble upon a file we can’t identify, CyberCapture can send it to our ThreatLabs for a detailed analysis. We’ve updated this entire process to make it easier than ever
- Better Remote Access Shield – Not only do we now support Windows’ Samba protocol, we’ve also added logs to show all remote connection attempts to your computer.
- Firewall recognizes VPNs – Firewall now knows when you’re using our VPN and won’t classify this as an unknown network.
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.7.3140:
- Signing in via Google or Facebook – If you choose one of these to sign in, we’ll now redirect you to their websites instead of doing it inside of our app
- Fixed shield statuses – The on/off statuses for Password Protection and Remote Access Shield are now properly reflected in your UI. (Avast Premium Security only)
- Improved performance – Your antivirus now runs even smoother thanks to tighter integrations with the Windows registry and boot optimizations
- The incorrect yellow dashboard state after a new version was released, even though auto-updates were on
- The incorrect “expired” dashboard status after an upgrade from free to paid [AVG only]
- SmartScan stopping caused UI freezing in some cases
- Firewall Public mode was not blocking ICMP responses while scanning, but now it does
- Fixed impact of new CEF on IPM content and IDP
- Fixes in restoring settings from backup files
- Changing language needed you to restart, which was not intended
- The incorrect handling of file size in virus chest was preventing more files to be added
- Rescue disk now checks for USB drive size
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.6.3135:
- Simplified privacy settings – We’ve updated our privacy settings to make it easier to manage your privacy
- Payment notification – If for any reason your payment fails during an automatic subscription renewal, we’ll now let you know on the main dashboard
- Malfunctioned Chrome distribution upon install
- Nasty Passive mode error (frozen UI, disabled service)
- Some more rare Rescue Disk creation failures
- IDP incorrectly stating that detection can/can’t be removed
- Handle leak
- Heap corruption fix
- UI issues when Remote Access Shield or Real Site were disabled as custom install components
- Tray icon misbehavior when enabling/disabling components
- Disabling confusing Firewall toaster on Unidentified network
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.5.3130:
- Introducing Remote Access Shield – Enjoy even stronger protection against hackers. This new feature lets you choose who can remotely access your computer and lets you block the rest. (Premium Security users only)
- Ransomware Shield is now free – We’re now offering this feature to Avast Free Antivirus users to maximize their ransomware protection
- Easier USB drive protection – We’ll now ask you to scan USB drives when you plug them into your computer. (You can also turn this off in your notification settings)
- Improved taskbar icon – There’s no need to keep your antivirus open during scans. You can now see your scan progress from the Avast taskbar icon
- Better botnet protection – Web Shield is even better about stopping malware from connecting to malicious servers
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.3.3120:
- SecureDNS now fully works after upgrade from Free to Premium without restart
- Firewall now fully works after upgrade from Free to Premium without restart
- Two application crashes under specific conditions related to SecureDNS and Webshield components
- Firewall blocks Microsoft Wireless Display feature
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.2:
- New premium feature Password Protection – it protects the passwords stored in Chrome or Firefox.
- New firewall driver.
- Rescue Disc – improved UI, updatable VPS (depends on free space on disk or USB).
- Fixed issue with firewall blocking PPTP and L2TP traffic
- Fixed issue with failed installation on Windows 10 caused by windows update pending (user will be informed that he has to restart PC to successfully install AV)
- Fixed issue with inconsistent status in AVG Free (red text in case you are protected)
- Fixed UI failed to load issue
- Fixed detection and restart dialogues
- Fixed issue with missing post update screen
- Fixed issue with browser category in smart scan
- Fixed issue with Sensitive data shield
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.1:
- Browser extensions – Improve your browsing with our latest extensions (just open Menu > Browser extensions)
- Fewer popups – If you already have Avast Cleanup Premium, you’ll no longer see offers for it (sorry about that!)
- Improved statuses – The status messages you see on the main screen are now easier to understand
- Fixed Rescue Disk – You can now use Rescue Disk again to restore your PC from advanced attacks
- Other bug fixes – We’ve stomped dozens of other bugs to keep everything running smoothly
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2019 19.7:
- Fixed: When all shields are disabled (e.g. via tray) and enabled, Mailshield is not enabled (sometimes it requires restart in order to start successfully)
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2019 19.5:
- Fixed crash during Sensitive Data Scan
- Fixed issue when Sensitive Data Scan does not finish in some cases
- Toaster “You are protected” now correctly hides after the 15 seconds
- “Move to Virus Chest” button now works also for detection from File Shield
Homepage – https://www.avg.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS 10.10.x (Yosemite) and higher.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher.
Size: 480 MB