PCMark 10 version 2.1.2600 by UL Benchmarks
UL Benchmarks PCMark 10 is the latest of industry standard PC benchmarks. Updated for Windows 10 with new and improved workloads, it is also faster. The software features a comprehensive set of tests that cover the wide variety of tasks performed in the modern workplace.
With express, extended, and custom run options to suit your needs, PCMark 10 is the complete PC benchmark for the modern office and an ideal for organizations that buy PCs in high volumes.
UL Benchmarks PCMark 10 measures overall system performance for modern office work using tests based on real-world apps and activities.
There are Extended, Express, and Custom run options for exploring other aspects of system performance if needed.
- The industry standard PC performance benchmark for Windows 10.
- Relevant tests which reflect the varied demands of modern work.
- Accurate and impartial results, ideal for vendor-neutral procurement.
- Created in cooperation with leading technology companies.
With its new and improved workloads, the main benchmark takes less than half the time of the equivalent test in PCMark 8. You no longer have to choose between the Accelerated and Conventional benchmarking modes used in PCMark 8.
Each benchmark run produces a high-level benchmark score, mid-level test group scores, and low-level workload scores.
PCMark 10 Benchmark
It is the complete benchmark for the modern office. It is the ideal test for organizations that are evaluating PCs for a workforce with a range of performance needs. The tests in this benchmark cover a wide range of activities from everyday productivity tasks to demanding work with digital media content.
PCMark 10 Express
It is a shorter benchmark that focuses on basic work tasks. It is a good choice when tendering for PCs for general office use. This benchmark focuses on the performance needs of a typical office worker. It is less demanding than the main PCMark 10 test.
PCMark 10 Extended
It is a longer benchmark that covers a wider range of activities. It provides organizations with a complete assessment of system performance beyond typical office work tasks. PCMark 10 Extended expands the main benchmark with demanding graphics and physics tests that focus on GPU and CPU performance.
PCMark 10 uses a modular approach to build relevant benchmark tests around common end-user scenarios. A Test Group is a collection of workloads that share a common theme or purpose. There are four test groups in PCMark 10.
- The Essentials group covers the common, everyday ways that people use a PC. The workloads include Web Browsing, Video Conferencing, and App Start-up time.
- The Productivity test group measures system performance with everyday office applications. This test group includes the Spreadsheets and Writing workloads.
- Digital Content Creation test group’s workload reflect the demands of working with digital content and media. The tests include Photo Editing, Video Editing, and Rendering and Visualization.
- The Gaming test group focuses on real-time graphics and physics. It includes two Graphics tests for GPU performance, a Physics test for CPU performance, and a Combined test.
- Licensed for business and commercial use.
- Easy to install and run, no complicated configuration required.
- Command line automation and scripting.
- Keep sensitive results private with the offline results option.
- Export results as XML and PDF for analysis and reporting.
- Priority technical support over email and telephone.
Changes in Version 2.1.2600 – 2023-04-03:
- Fixed a rare issue where some systems could fail during the video conferencing test with a “Failed to destroy encoder object” error message. This affected the PCMark 10, PCMark 10 Express, PCMark 10 Extended, and Modern Office Battery Life Benchmarks. The Modern Office Battery Life Benchmark was particularly affected by this issue, as it runs the test many times.
Changes in Version 2.1.2563 – 2022-06-21:
- Fixed: Results from Intel 12th generation “Alder Lake” processors with E-cores no longer have missing hardware information when exported to PDF.
Changes in Version 2.1.2556 – 2022-05-05:
- Professional Edition only: Removed the disabled “Excel” option in the “Save as” menu for tests that do not export results to an Excel .xlsx file.
Changes in Version 2.1.2535 – 2022-03-03:
- Fixed: The benchmark result screen now correctly identifies systems with Windows 11.
Changes in Version 2.1.2532 – 2021-11-25:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Rendering and Visualization test to fail on Windows systems with a Chinese locale setting.
Changes in Version 2.1.2525 – 2021-10-14:
- Fixed a compatibility issue in the Rendering and Visualization test on systems with NVIDIA driver version 496.13 or later.
Professional Edition only
- Improved handling and logging of timeouts in the Microsoft Edge test in the PCMark Applications benchmark.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Battery Profile tests to stop at 20% battery life remaining on Windows 11 systems instead of running until the system shuts down.
- Fixed a compatibility issue when running the Battery Profile Video test on systems with Windows 10 language set to Chinese.
Homepage – https://benchmarks.ul.com/pcmark10
- OS: Windows 7, 64-bit
- Processor: Dual-core CPU
- Memory: 4 GB of system memory
- Graphics: DirectX 11
- Display: 1920 × 1080
- Hard drive: 6 GB free space