Foxit Reader 9 is a small, fast, and feature rich PDF reader which allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Also includes easy to use collaboration features like the ability to add annotations, fill out forms, and add text to PDF documents.
Foxit Reader has a small footprint that starts up instantly, renders PDF files quickly and uses very little memory, which is especially important with today’s handheld devices. It is packed full of convenient and easy to use viewing, editing and printing features that make document collaboration simple.
Foxit Reader 9 provides an excellent alternative to the Adobe Reader on any computer running the Windows operating system. View, print, and collaborate easily using Foxit Reader.
Whether you’re a consumer, business, government agency, or educational organization, you need to read and annotate PDF documents and fill out PDF forms. You need your Foxit PDF Reader to be:
- Fast – so you’re not waiting forever to read files.
- Lightweight – so it’s easily deployable and doesn’t exhaust system resources.
- Secure – so you don’t get infected with viruses and can keep sensitive information safe.
- A Platform – so you can extend the Reader by creating your own value added capabilities for internal use or for resale.
Foxit Reader provides three different ways for you to read PDF files: multi-tab browsing, single document interface mode, and multiple document interface mode. The multi-tab browsing feature enables you to open multiple files in a single instance. If you already have a PDF file open and then you double-click another PDF file, it will be opened in the same window. The single document interface mode enables you to open multiple instances of Foxit Reader.
Easy-to-use review and commenting tools
- Add comments or suggestions using notes.
- Highlight, underline, or use one of many other tools to bring attention to specific text.
- Easily correct mistakes by cancelling the last action with Redo & Undo feature.
New editing tools
- Include Typewriter, Callout, Textbox, and Measure tools
- Add your comments on your PDF document.
- Use Typewriter Tool to fill forms.
- Create comments in a callout text box.
- Measure distances and areas of objects in PDF documents.
XFA Form Filling
- XFA (XML Form Architecture) form filler is used to fill forms with XFA elements, allowing you to leverage existing XFA forms.
Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Rights Management Service support
- Open an RMS protected PDF Document.
- Improve information security, meet compliance requirements.
- Save time and money with improved business processes.
Free spell checker for comments
- Find any spelling errors and highlight them with squiggly lines.
- Add Images, Movies, Links and file attachments to any PDF document
- Add /Edit /Play multimedia in PDF files.
- Attach PDF files and other types of files to a PDF document.
- Add an image to a PDF; adjust its size, and position, change the appearance, etc…
Text Viewer and Text Converter
- View the whole text content of a PDF file.
- Convert a whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- Easily modify the bookmarks in a PDF file.
Changes in Foxit Reader 184.108.40.20623:
- Epona DMSforLegal Integration
Use Reader to directly open/check out PDF files from Epona DMSforLegal and after making changes save/check them in to Epona DMSforLegal.
- Viewing Article in PDF
Follow pre-defined PDF article/ article box to allow users to skim through the PDF with articles that arrange text content in multiple columns and/or cross multiple pages like in a print newspaper or magazine, focusing on a specific article and ignoring the rest.
- Smooth Line Art
Provide an option to smooth lines when viewing a PDF that include CAD drawings, which also makes it faster to open the PDF.
- Add pen and touch support to Reader for Microsoft Surface Pro.
- Find & Search optimization
- Add additional criteria (document properties) in Advanced Search for searches across multiple PDFs and PDF indexes.
- Sort instances in the search results by date modified, filename, or location when searching files in a folder.
- Signatures and stamps enhancements
- Customize the appearance of digital signatures by drawing or importing a PDF file of your handwritten signature.
- Add an option to set the current size of the signature as default when placing a signature with the PDF Sign feature and the ability to place a signature or stamp by simply dragging a rectangle and filling in with the selected signature or stamp proportionally.
- For a PDF digitally signed several times, with the capability to view each signed version of the PDF, you can also view the changes made to each signed version.
- Add shortcut keys for switching quickly between files in the multi-tab reading mode.
- Add an option to auto-detect portrait/landscape when printing PDFs.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 220.127.116.1123
- Fixed an issue where some commenting tools could not work together with the Read Out Loud feature.
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
Homepage – https://www.foxitsoftware.com
Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Size: 75.8 MB