Ventoy 1.0.90 – Bootable USB Creator
Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/ WIM/ IMG/ VHD(x)/ EFI files. Using this application, you don’t need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/ WIM/ IMG/ VHD(x)/ EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly.
You can copy many files at a time and Ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them. The app supports x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86_64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI and MIPS64EL UEFI in the same way. Also it supports the most type of OS (Windows/ WinPE /Linux/ ChromeOS/ Unix/ VMware/Xen…)
- 100% open source
- Very simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Can be installed in USB /Local Disk/ SSD/ NVMe /SD Card
- Directly boot from ISO/ WIM/ IMG/ VHD(x)/ EFI files, no extraction needed
- No need to be continuous in disk for ISO/ WIM/ IMG/ VHD(x)/ EFI files
- Supports Both MBR and GPT partition style
- x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86_64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI, MIPS64EL UEFI supported
- Supports IA32/x86_64 UEFI Secure Boot
- Persistence supported
- Supports Windows auto installation
- RHEL7/8/CentOS7/8/SUSE/Ubuntu Server … auto installation supported
- FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/UDF/XFS/Ext2(3)(4) supported for main partition
- Supports ISO files larger than 4GB
- Native boot menu style for Legacy and UEFI
- Most type of OS supported, 760+ iso files tested
- Linux vDisk (vhd/vdi/raw…) boot solution
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- Menu dynamically switchable between ListView and TreeView mode
- “Ventoy Compatible” concept
- Plugin Framework
- Injection files to runtime enviroment
- Boot configuration file dynamically replacement
- Highly customizable theme and menu style
- USB drive write-protected support
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
Ventoy is composed by many open source projects and some code developed by myself. All the code developed by myself follows GPLv3+ License. For these open source projects, some I modify their source code, and some I directly use their libraries or binaries. All the modified code follow the same license as the project itself.
What’s New in Ventoy 1.0.90:
- Fix the issue that VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT option can not work for (Kernel 5.18+) + (Intel Gen11+ CPU).
- Support LibreELEC 11.0+. (#2281)
- Fix the issue that Fedora Rawhide install media not detected. (#2283)
- Add support for chimera linux. (#2309)
- Optimization for Fedora boot process.
- languages.json update.
- New iso support. (Total 1100+)
What’s New in Ventoy 1.0.89:
- Fix the issue that VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT can not work in new linux kernel.
- Fix the issue that Ventoy2Disk_X64.exe can not run under altexe directory.
- Fix the issue that VentoyPlugson_X64.exe exit silently.
- Add missing /FS option for Ventoy2Disk.exe in Windows command line mode.
- Ventoy2Disk.exe automatically change current directory when started from other directory.
- Add tip message when theme file contains non-enclosed literal values. (#2166)
- Ignore reserved space when do non-destructive installation via GUI. (#2168)
- Fix the menu missing issue when there exist an invalid vlnk file. (#2228)
- languages.json update
What’s New in Ventoy 1.0.88:
- Fix the VHD(x) boot issue introduced in 1.0.87.
- Add more options for Windows command line mode. Notes
- VentoyPlguson: Fix VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK option web page display issue.
- Fix that workaround #2 not working for Legacy BIOS access limit.
- Fix a syntax error in F4 localboot.
- Show file checksum menu title according to the existence of checksum value.
- Automatically switch to en_US when use text mode.
- Add unsupported tip message for 4k native disk.
- languages.json update
Homepage – https://www.ventoy.net
Tested OS Series
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11,
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022, WinPE
DragonFly FreeBSD pfSense GhostBSD FreeNAS TrueNAS XigmaNAS FuryBSD OPNsense HardenedBSD MidnightBSD ClonOS EmergencyBootKit
VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Xen XCP-ng