Foxit PhantomPDF is a business ready PDF toolkit to create professional looking PDF documents and forms. You can do that for tasks such as developing personal documents, implementing workgroup collaboration, designing company forms. Produce company collateral, finalizing agreements, applying digital signatures, or document archiving.
Award winning Foxit PDF creator allows you to produce great looking PDF document and forms quickly, affordably, and securely. This is the perfect solution for home/home offices, small and medium sized businesses, and large enterprises. Foxit PhantomPDF comes in three versions to fit the diverse use cases that different users require.
Foxit PhantomPDF can combine, split or repackage various PDF files. The documents can be merged or split based on page numbers, page outlines or bookmarks. Plus, this Suite can batch convert existing documents to a single or multiple PDF files.
Foxit PhantomPDF Standard
Foxit PhantomPDF Business
Complete Business Ready PDF solution that expands upon PhantomPDF Standard by offering advanced editing, shared review initiation, higher security, additional file compression, PDF A/E/X creation, and bates numbering.
Highlighted features of PhantomPDF Business include:
- XFA Form Filling. XFA (XML Form Architecture) form allows you to leverage existing XFA forms.
- High Performance. Up to 3 times faster PDF creation from over 200 of the most common office file types and convert multiple files to PDF in a single operation.
- One Click PDF Creation. Create PDF document with a single mouse click from Microsoft Office applications like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Advanced PDF Editor. Allows you to modify any page contents in any PDF documents, select, insert, change, remove, rotate, copy and paste text, images, graphics and shadings.
- Robust Document Security. Use password protection, certificate encryption, and digital signature tools.
- Redaction. Permanently remove (redact) visible text and images from PDF documents.
- Document Certification. Indicates you approve of its content and allows you to specify the types of changes that are permitted for the PDF to remain certified.
- Microsoft Active Directory RMS Protector and Policy Manager. Extends the usage control benefits of Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Rights Management Service to all your PDF documents. And allows the author the control of document features within each PDF.
- Form Design. Easy to use electronic forms design tools to make your office forms work harder. Enables you to create or convert static PDF files into professional looking forms. Form data import tools allow data to be automatically imported into a form reducing manual key entering and input errors.
- Optical Character Recognition. OCR support to make scanned or image-based PDFs selectable and searchable.
- PDF/A Validation. Verify that the document is compliant with PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-1b for long term archiving.
- PDF Optimizer. Optimize PDF document to reduce the file size.
- High Compression of scanned documents.
- Email and Phone Support – help when you need it
- Fixed some security and stability issues.
What’s New in Foxit PhantomPDF 10.0.0.35798 (May 6, 2020):
New Features and Improvements
- Foxit Admin Console (a separately orderable cloud-based service) provides IT administrators the ability to easily manage large numbers of PhantomPDF licenses.
- Manage users, create user groups, add and remove users. It can connect to SSO (single sign-on) systems, including Active Directory, to securely gain access to user information.
- Assign and remove licenses from users and user groups.
- View the total number of Foxit licenses you own and currently have assigned. Update licenses on the fly.
- Configure multiple administrators that can use the Admin Console.
- Log admin operations and login/logout info, as well as use by end-users.
- Foxit Update Server (a separately orderable cloud-based service) provides IT the ability to better manage and automate the software upgrade process and to ensure users upgrade to the exact release that IT has tested, without having to access an external server.
- Automatically download updates from Foxit servers and make them available on a local network.
- Automatically approve updates for users to download, or restrict users to only download approved updates.
- Set times when all users, or specific users/groups, can download updates.
- Push updates to users, requiring them to install them.
- PhantomPDF Online delivers more features and enhancements.
- A new UI to better match the PhantomPDF Windows user interface, and improved support on mobile devices.
- Fill & Sign
- Fill & Sign provides a convenient workflow of filling flat forms (i.e. non-interactive) and quick signing by typing or drawing your signature, or using an image. With the Fill & Sign tools, you can add text and other symbols anywhere on a flat form.
- Create USPTO-ready PDF documents using any creation method.
- Use virtual printer, Office add-ins, etc., to create US Patent and Trademark Office compatible PDF documents. Sets defaults for properties like page size, fonts, etc. per requirements to submit to the USPTO.
- Modify backgrounds, watermarks, and headers/footers on multiple PDFs at once through batch Add.
- Enhancement to the Add function which provides a popup window which allows you to choose multiple files and add a watermark, background, etc. to all files simultaneously.
- Additional GPO settings for enterprise administration.
- New capabilities include customization of support links displayed to user, and locking down some additional settings, such as default PDF viewer and ability to create self-signed digital IDs.
- Multiple enhancements to bookmark and tag editing and reading
- Improvements to bookmark/tag integration, multiple UI improvements for Bookmarks panel including highlighting, resizing, etc.
- More functions in Action Wizard, including support for everything in Adobe Acrobat’s default actions.
- New actions include: Save As, Remove hidden info, view logs, batch conversion, etc.
- Display all comments in a desired font for better accessibility
- Users can choose the desired font and font size for all comments in all documents they read, overriding the document’s settings.
- Classify and protect with labels in Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP)
- The feature is helpful for enterprises to classify and protect documents by applying labels that are configured by administrators with protection settings such as which people can read and use protected documents. (Business Only)
- Can be applied to multiple files simultaneously. (Business Only)
- More seamless integration with ECM
- Add bates numbering to files from SharePoint, ShareFile, iManage 9, ndOffice, OneDrive-Personal, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, eDOCS DM, and DMSforLegal. (Business Only)
- Convert files to PDF in batch from iManage 9.
- More preference options for Advanced Search
- A new option to make subsequent searches faster by storing a cache of information from PDF files that you search.
- Support proximity searching, which searches for two or more words that are separated by no more than a certain number of words. The feature is useful when you are looking for concepts that might be expressed by multiple different phrases.
- More advanced options allow you to find words that share the same word stem of the specified search word, or ignore Asian character width, diacritics, and accents.
- PDF Optimizer improvements
- A new simplified interface combining Reduce File Size, PDF Optimizer, and Optimize Scanned PDF features into the new PDF Optimizer in the File tab.
- Allow you to reduce file size in batch with default settings, and support more professional options for advanced PDF optimization.
- Improvements for indexing
- Create a batch XML file (a text file that contains a list of platform-dependent catalog index file paths and flags) with Notepad and use a scheduling application such as Windows Task Scheduler to schedule when and how often to automatically update a full-text index.
- Provide an option to allow you not to change long PDF filenames to MS-DOS filenames as you prepare documents for indexing, and more options to specify advanced criteria such as custom document properties to be indexed.
- Support more actions in a PDF portfolio
- Select one or more PDFs in a PDF Portfolio and reduce the file size.
- Sort and order files and folders in a PDF portfolio by name, modified time, or other customizable categories.
- OCR enhancements
- Enhanced “Find All Suspect” for streamlined OCR experience, which shows all OCR suspected results in a panel and allows selecting and correcting multiple suspects at once.
- Edit scanned PDFs.
- Automatically search all instances of a text string and then highlight them.
- Better support for 4K and other high-resolution displays.
- Customize a profile that specifies the text strings you want to search and redact, and apply that profile to documents, which improves the productivity of your document workflows that require the same protection. (Business Only)
- Support Hindi Digits to allow you to input numbers in Hindi using Add Text, Edit Text, and Reflow Editing features.
- Support more file types, more ways to add files, and more options for conversion settings when you combine multiple files to a single PDF.
- Add an option to embed page thumbnails into documents, which can make the thumbnails appear faster in large PDFs.
- Adds search patterns that are commonly used in Canada for the Advanced Search and Search & Redact features.
- Fixed some stability issues.
What’s New in Foxit PhantomPDF 18.104.22.168539:
- Fixed some security and stability issues.
What’s New in Foxit PhantomPDF 22.214.171.124511:
- Fixed some security and stability issues.
What’s New in Foxit PhantomPDF 126.96.36.199478:
- Create PDFs from Microsoft Project (Business Only)
Quickly create and email PDFs using a Foxit PDF tab in the Microsoft Project ribbon.
- Allow you to create and manage an embedded index for a single PDF, which makes it much faster to search the document with that index.
- Reverse the page order for a range of pages in PDF documents in a few steps.
- Enable you to export PDF files to XPS files.
- Enhanced industry standards validation and creation
- Use the Preflight feature to analyze whether PDF documents are valid for print production and comply with PDF’s standards (including PDF/A, PDF/E, PDF/X, PDF/UA, and PDF/VT), correct fixable errors in the documents, as well as creating standards-compliant documents with more settings.
- Provide more details in the analyzing results and more options to create a results report.
- The Standards panel icon automatically appears on the left side of the navigation pane when you open a PDF that is compliant with a standard, giving you a quick way to view the standards information of the PDF.
- When exporting PDFs to other formats, directly save the output files to ShareFile, DMSforLegal, Dropbox, Box, and eDOCS DM.
- Allow you to choose files from ShareFile, DMSforLegal, Dropbox, Box, and eDOCS DM when creating, comparing, combining, organizing PDFs and more.
- Within Microsoft Office, directly convert the Office file to PDF and save it to ShareFile, DMSforLegal, Dropbox, Box, and eDOCS DM.
- Enhanced PDF creation from HTML
- Provide the Media Style options to convert a web page exactly as how it is displayed on the screen to PDF, or convert it based on the Print setting on the web page itself.
- Offer scaling options to specify whether to scale web pages while conversion.
- More efficient redaction
- Search and redact multiple words or phrases at the same time to streamline your workflows.
- Allow you to select multiple redaction codes from the context menu or the properties of the marked content.
- Add Tool Wizard on the Start page for some most frequently used features to help you quickly get started with Foxit PhantomPDF.
- Open ndOffice with one-click by adding the ndOffice Open command to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
Issues Addressed in Foxit PhantomPDF 188.8.131.52478
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
Homepage – https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 605 MB