Personal Backup 126.96.36.199
Personal Backup is a comprehensive software that helps users to create backups of their important data and save it to any destination folder. The program is equipped with a variety of features that enable users to customize their backup preferences, including the selection of data to be backed up, destination folders, backup tasks, and additional functions.
Selection of Data to be Backed Up
The program offers various options for selecting the files to be backed up. Users can choose to include or exclude subdirectories by selection or filter, and select files based on file type, age, and name filter. The selection is made on a by-folder basis, and all sub-folders are included automatically.
Selection of Backup Destination
Personal Backup allows users to select any folder located on a local fixed or removable drive, on a Windows network server, or on an FTP server as the destination for their backup files. The original drives appear as subdirectories named DrvC, DrvD, etc., and the program offers the option to compress and/or encrypt data using AES algorithm.
The program enables users to create and save as many backup tasks as they wish. These tasks can be started manually or automatically using a time schedule, with several options available for scheduling backups. Users can also initiate a backup using Windows Task Scheduler or call a one-click backup of a directory using the Windows Explorer context menu.
Performing a Backup
Personal Backup offers several ways to perform a backup, including checking the file timestamps to save only newer files or using the archive bit of the files. Experienced users can configure alternating backups consisting of one full and several differential or incremental backups.
Aside from creating backups, Personal Backup also provides functions to verify and restore backed-up data, as well as delete selected files and directories.
The program supports full Unicode and long path-lengths, and automatically checks for updates at periodic intervals.
Important Note: Personal Backup is not suitable for backing up system data.
To operate the program, a Control Panel (see screenshot at right) is provided. The panel presents a summary of all important information about the user-defined backups in a clearly-arranged form. Just a few clicks are required to change the configurations and start an action.
Changes in Personal Backup 188.8.131.52 (2023-05-14):
- New add-on program to backup files from a portable device
- Displaying the program icon in the Windows notifications
- Dialog for mail delivery
- Index error in list of scheduled tasks
- Display of program window on Alt+Tab
Changes in Personal Backup 184.108.40.206 (2023-04-18):
- Automatic switching to dark mode
- Small corrections in the translations
Changes in Personal Backup 220.127.116.11 (2023-04-16):
- Optional security copies for zip archives
- Optional display of an error log during backup
- Abort during encryption takes effect immediately
- Improved version display
- Locking the parent windows during a backup
- Closing a temporary file during gz compression
- Display of filename in verbose log file in case of error
- Resetting the archive bit on full backups in alternating schedules if the mode “update” is selected
- Advanced settings for Windows Task Scheduler
Changes in Personal Backup 18.104.22.168 (2023-03-14):
- Search option in file preview
Optional sorting of scheduled tasks by date
- Display of alternating schedule in list of automatic tasks
- FTP: directory change
- Main window size when changing the screen resolution
- Error logging (deletion of a file to be updated)
- Replacement of placeholders using upper case letters
- Adding a backup task to Task Scheduler
Homepage – https://personal-backup.rathlev-home.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).