The Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) is a simple and reliable playback pack for Windows with the goal of supporting the majority of video formats in use today.
It has been assembled by some of the most knowledgeable people in the anime world, and one of the primary design goals is to play as much as possible with as little as possible.
The CCCP attempts to be as unintrusive on your system as possible. Other codec packs tend to either randomly not work, break the system, or install far too much cruft. With the CCCP, you know that when you install it properly, it just works.
You don’t need to mess around in the options to get it to work, and chances are it will resolve any other conflicts on install as well.
CCCP was invented so you can “Uninstall everything else, install the pack and live happily ever after”.
CCCP playback pack will install:
- Haali Media Splitter (MKV, MP4, OGM/OGG, TS, AVI). Used for compliant MKV playback. Attempts to disable other MKV splitters on the system. Certain Matroska features are available only with Haali’s splitter and not in Gabest’s. This filter is also capable of being used as a splitter for MP4, OGM and OGG, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, and also AVI. AVI and MPEG-PS are not used by default in the pack and is not recommended to do so. You will, however, need the MP4, OGM and TS parts for playing those files. The installer will also set the source filter for each container only if it is checked in the installation, this fixes any issues with previously installed splitters by overriding them.
- VSFilter (MPC-HC) (SSA/ASS, SRT, VOBSUB subtitles). For displaying subtitles. It will attempt to disable any previous DirectVobSub installations you might have.
- FFDShow (H.264/AVC, DivX, Xvid, various audio formats etc.). Decodes H.264, Xvid, DivX, generic MPEG-4, Flash video (FLV1 and FLV4), and others. Also used for audio decoding with the following formats turned on by default: AAC, Vorbis, MP3, MP1/2, AC3, DTS, FLAC, TTA, AMR, LPCM. If you would like to turn off ffdshow decoding for a specific video or audio format, read further down for instructions on how to do it properly.
- MPEG-2 Decoder (MPC-HC). Decodes MPEG2 video (the stuff on a DVD). The filter currently has an extremely low merit level and also MPEG1 decoding removed. It is primarily included as a fallback for DVD MPEG2 decoding if the user does not already have another MPEG2 decoder installed. A few other patches donated by Haali for interlaced/progressive fixes.
- CoreWavPack. Decodes WavPack audio and splits WavPack audio files (.WV) for playback in DirectShow. The only DirectShow implementation to support all three WavPack modes: lossless, lossy, and hybrid.
- FLV Splitter (MPC-HC). Splits FLV (Flash Video) files for DirectShow playback.
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema. Based on the original “Media Player Classic” and was created after Gabest, the original author, stopped working on it. Many new player features have been integrated in this player.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
Homepage – http://www.cccp-project.net
Size: 10.1 MB