Using Snagit, you can select and capture anything on your screen. Then easily add text, arrows, or effects, and save the capture to a file. Or share it immediately by e-mail or IM. Easily customize any screenshot with effects, or show off what’s important with TechSmith Snagit’s markup tools.
You can also create quick videos by recording your screen. Capture and Edit Images. Grab your entire desktop, a region, a window. Or a scrolling window from any webpage or app and mark it up with loads of effects. Record a Video of Your Screen. Quickly show anything on your screen by recording a video. And you can even trim out any parts you don’t need.
Save your files to your computer, send them directly to Google Drive, Microsoft Office, or any of TechSmith Snagit’s other sharing options.
TechSmith Snagit Features:
- Scrolling Capture. Quickly capture everything on the page even if it’s not showing on the screen. Grab the horizontal, vertical, or entire scrolling area with just a click.
- Video Capture. Sometimes It’s easier to talk things through. Create, narrate and trim quick videos of your screen for demos, feedback, reviews, and more.
- TechSmith Fuse. Capture beyond your desktop. Get TechSmith Fuse for your Android or iOS phone to send photos and videos from your mobile device straight to the Snagit editor
- Video Trimming. Quickly get rid of any unwanted sections from your screen recordings. Remove ums, ahs, coughs, extra time from the beginning, middle, end or any mistakes you want to correct.
- Step Tool. Quickly highlight a series of steps in TechSmith Snagit. Each click applies the next number in the series. Your sizes and styles stay the same so you can easily keep a consistent look to your projects.
- Stamps. Personalize your images with graphics specifically designed for screen captures. Get them straight from Snagit, or download more here
- Special Effects. Add effects like border, shadow and perspective to your entire capture. Or, create your own custom style.
- Fast and Easy Sharing. You share content across many platforms every day. Snagit connects your images and videos with the accounts you already use for a fast and easy workflow.
- Google Drive Integration. Upload your images and videos into Google Drive to give your viewers access from any web browser or mobile device. You can also import files into Snagit instantly from Google Drive.
- Multi-platform Support. Snagit is one product on two platforms. The software key will unlock both – on Windows and on Mac, so no matter what system you’re using you’ll be able to get your work done.
- Multiple File Formats. Snagit lets you save your images and videos in a variety of file formats. The default file type is PNG, but you can save to JPG, GIF, PDF, and more from within the Snagit editor.
- Library. Quickly find past captures without wasting time digging for them. All of your captures are automatically saved to your library, with the most recent captures viewable all the time.
- Profiles. Work faster by saving your capture settings as a profile. Set up profiles to automatically remember capture settings, add effects, or send to a specific destination after capture.
- Custom Deployment. If you’re an IT or system administrator you can customize and deploy Snagit to fit your needs. Configure the MSI, REG settings, or take advantage of a COM server.
Changes in TechSmith SnagIt 2020.1.1 (March 10, 2020):
- Added a SharePoint sharing destination
- The Twitter sharing destination is working again
- Fixed two crashes that could occur in the TechSmith Updater on some machines
- Snagit Capture is now more resilient after encountering issues in the same run
- Fixed a hang when a computer goes to sleep while video recording
- Can now view all installer options on smaller screens
- Fixed a hang when trying to take a scrolling capture of specific windows with nested scrolling areas
- The Cut Out tool will now cut the intended area even with other windows foregrounded when starting your selection
- When using the Cut Out tool and Shadow Effect, the shadow will no longer get progressively applied after each cut out.
- The Eraser tool will now remember the anti-alias setting
- Fixed an issue where the playhead would jump to an unexpected time after making multiple cuts it a video
- Fixed an issue where cutting out a section at the beginning of a video would result in incorrect first frames in the resulting video
- The Slack sharing destination now uses your default browser to authenticate the first time
- The reset button for Auto-Simplify is working again
- The correct Canvas Background color should now be shown in Editor Preferences
- Can now adjust the zoom level of thumbnails in the Library again
- The shadow surrounding the recording area now allows you to click on windows and controls behind it
- Fixed a crash that could occur when doing a scrolling capture with COM
Image from Templates
- You can now adjust the default name that is added to the footer when creating an image from a Template
- Applying the Shadow Effect to images made from Templates should work as expected now
- The “Custom Steps” Template should now be visible when the “Steps” category is selected
- When copying or printing an image created from a Template with empty Drop Zones, the placeholder images will no longer be included.
- Better keyboard navigation in the Create Image from Template window
- The ability to adjust the title text color is working again
- Undo and redo are now working after editing a Drop Zone
- Updated the LeadTools Imaging SDK v20 from an April 2019 release to latest (November 2019) addressing CVEs 5125, 5100, 5099, and 5084
- Fixed an XML External Entity (XXE) issue that would allow a local attacker to exfiltrate data under the local Administrator account. Thanks to nerdwell for reporting this issue.
- Other bug fixes, security, and localization updates
Changes in TechSmith SnagIt 2020.1.0 (January 7, 2020):
- Selecting multiple images and clicking “Create Image from Template” now uses your selected images
- Can now paste images directly into a Template drop zone
- Template placeholder text should behave better now
- Deleting image from Template drop zone no longer keeps you in that that drop zone
- Escape key will now cancel changes in a Template drop zone
- Sharing should now respect the file type and the selected sharing options for all file types
- Images within Template drop zones will now snap to the sides and center of the drop zone
Changes in TechSmith SnagIt 2020.0.3 (December 10, 2019):
- Resolved an issue where a subset of users were unable to launch the Editor
Changes in TechSmith SnagIt 2020.0.2 (November 19, 2019):
- Addressed issue where Snagit’s auto start option is turned off when installing a newer version of Snagit.
Changes in TechSmith SnagIt 2020.0.1 (November 12, 2019):
- The former method of Combining Images (introduced in Snagit 2019), has no been moved to the top of the list in the Template picking window. It’s called “Custom Steps”
- Fixed a crash when, in certain circumstances, an image is dropped in a drop zone and then exiting Snagit Editor
- The Enter key now commits changes when editing drop zones
- Clicking anywhere in Editor will now exit drop zone edit mode
- After entering and exiting drop zone edit mode, Undo and Redo work better and drop zones are more stable
- No longer showing drop zone placeholders when flattening or saving an image
- Improved the sorting and category order of the Template picking window
- Faster load times for the Template picking window
- Added a Video from Images hotkey: Ctrl+Alt+V
- Reduced the likelihood that Video from Image captures can freeze due to unreliable audio devices
- There should now always be at least a few tools available to draw with when entering Video from Images mode
- More work to keep drop downs out of the recording area when recording in Video from images mode
- Can now drag items all the way to the right to re-order when in Video from Image mode
- Improved the accessibility of navigating the video recording UI with the keyboard
- Simplify glyphs should now have better contrast when a color close to white is chosen
- The Box output handles filenames better when sharing
- Fixed other crashes, performance, and security issues.
What’s New in TechSmith Snagit 2020:
- Snagit 2020 introduces two new creation tools and enterprise outputs to Slack and Box – With over 15 sharing outputs Snagit makes it even easier to share content at work
- Create from templates: Use pre-made layouts to create visual documentation, tutorials, and training materials.
- Create video from images: Talk and draw over a series of screenshots to create a quick “how-to” video or GIF
- TechSmith Assets for Snagit: Create even better-looking instructional content with an annual subscription to TechSmith Assets for Snagit. A paid subscription gets you access to thousands of stamps, photos, and templates.
Changes in TechSmith SnagIt 2019.1.4 (October 9, 2019):
- Fixed a crash when trying to edit an effect from the Capture Window or New Preset Window
- The browsing pane in the Library should no longer take up the whole Library view for all users
- Changing the “Run Snagit when Windows starts” setting should now be properly saved
- All tools should now be available even when shrinking the Snagit Editor window to a narrow size
- Adjusted the padding for Arrow shaped callouts to allow for more text
- Printing dialog should no longer show Japanese characters in all languages
- Can now install on machines with a Favorites folder using a UNC path
- When customizing the toolbar, spacers now work as expected
- The Twitter sharing destination should now be working again
- After resetting to Default Quick Styles, they are remembered
- Step tool numbers should always be vertical when rotating
- Other bug fixes, localization updates, and performance improvements works
Size: 322 MB