WordPress 5 is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It is a free and useful state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability.
The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers. And for more there are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine. Over 25 million people have chosen WordPress to power the place on the web.
The latest blogging technology are available to users (such as Trackback) and taking it a step further (such as with Pingback). You can rest assured that with WordPress you will be on the cutting edge of the technology available.
WordPress started as just a blogging system in 2003. But it has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes.
It is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. (More than most commercial platforms.)
Main Features of WordPress:
- Simplicity. Makes it possible for you to get online and get publishing, quickly. Nothing should get in the way of you getting your website up and your content out there. WordPress is built to make that happen.
- Flexibility. You can create any type of website you want. A personal blog or website, a photoblog, a business website, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or news website, an online community. Even a network of websites. You can make your website beautiful with themes, and extend it with plugins. You can even build your very own application.
- Publish with Ease. If you’ve ever created a document, you’re already a whizz at creating content with WordPress. You can create Posts and Pages, format them easily, insert media, and with the click of a button your content is live and on the web.
- Publishing Tools. WordPress makes it easy for you to manage your content. Create drafts, schedule publication, and look at your post revisions. Make your content public or private, and secure posts and pages with a password.
- User Management. Not everyone requires the same access to your website. Administrators manage the site, editors work with content, authors and contributors write that content, and subscribers have a profile that they can manage. This lets you have a variety of contributors to your website, and let others simply be part of your community.
- Media Management. Quickly and easily upload images and media to WordPress. Drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. Add alt text, captions, and titles, and insert images and galleries into your content. Even there are few image editing tools you can have fun with.
- Full Standards Compliance. Every piece of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C. This means that your website will work in today’s browser, while maintaining forward compatibility with the next generation of browser. Your website is a beautiful thing, now and in the future.
- Easy Theme System. WordPress comes bundled with two default themes, but if they aren’t for you there’s a theme directory with thousands of themes for you to create a beautiful website. Upload your own theme with the click of a button. It only takes a few seconds for you to give your website a complete makeover.
- Extend with Plugins. WordPress comes packed full of features for every user, for every other feature there’s a plugin directory with thousands of plugins. Add complex galleries, social networking, forums, social media widgets, spam protection, calendars, fine-tune controls for search engine optimization, and forms.
- Built-in Comments. Your blog is your home, and comments provide a space for your friends and followers to engage with your content. WordPress’s comment tools give you everything you need to be a forum for discussion and to moderate that discussion.
- Search Engine Optimized. WordPress is optimized for search engines right out of the box. For more fine-grained SEO control, there are plenty of SEO plugins to take care of that for you.
- Multilingual. Available in more than 70 languages. You will able to build the website for would prefer to use WordPress in a language other than English, that’s easy to do.
- Easy Installation and Upgrades. If you’re happy using an FTP program, you can create a database, upload WordPress using FTP, and run the installer.
- Props @mdawaffe, member of the WordPress Security Team for their work fixing a data exposure vulnerability within the REST API.
- Props to Michał Bentkowski of Securitum for reporting a XSS vulnerability in the block editor.
- The Lodash library has been updated to version 4.17.21 in each branch to incorporate upstream security fixes.
- Fixed: Object injection in PHPMailer, CVE-2020-36326 and CVE-2018-19296.
- Robots API and Media Search Engine Visibility
- Detect HTTPS support
- Lazy-load iframes
- jQuery migrate-related Deprecation notice clean-up
- Admin color palette standardization
- The newest version of the Gutenberg plugin
Homepage – https://wordpress.org
Size: 15.7 MB