Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS). It enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, it is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Since Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL, you’re building powerful applications on an open platform anyone can use, share, and support. A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site.
Much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of.
A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
Hence, Joomla! is an international project, with users and contributors around the world. It is easy to install and set up even if you’re not an advanced user. Many Web hosting services offer a single-click install, getting your new site up and running in just a few minutes. As a Web designer or developer, you can quickly build sites for your clients. Then, with a minimal amount of instruction, you can empower your clients to easily manage their own sites themselves.
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Many companies and organizations have requirements that go beyond what is available in the basic package. In those cases, Joomla’s powerful application framework makes it easy for developers to create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions.
The core framework enables developers to quickly and easily build:
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce systems
- Complex business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – CSV injection in com_actionlogs (affecting Joomla 3.9.0 through 3.9.6)
- Low Priority – Core – XSS in subform field (affecting Joomla 3.6.0 through 3.9.6)
- Low Priority – Core – ACL hardening of com_joomlaupdate (affecting Joomla 3.8.13 through 3.9.6)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Batch system: Copy permissions of modules and categories
- Progessive cache improvements
- Fix to avoid duplicated custom fields in com_content
- RTL improvements
- Removal of the unofficial French Help Server
- TinyMCE improvements
- RSS: Fix to display the right category
- Media Manager: Fix directory traversal for symlinked folders
- User registration: Correct http schema used
Homepage – https://www.joomla.org
Size: 13.2 MB