Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) you acn perform via the user interface. But you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
phpMyAdmin comes with a wide range of documentation and users are welcome to update the wiki pages to share ideas and howtos for various operations. The phpMyAdmin team will try to help you if you face any problem. You can use a variety of support channels to get help.
phpMyAdmin is also very deeply documented in a book written by one of developers. Mastering phpMyAdmin for Effective MySQL Management, which is available in English and Spanish.
phpMyAdmin is a mature project with a stable and flexible code base. It has won several awards. Translated into 72 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages.
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
- maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL user accounts and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating graphics of your database layout in various formats
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- And much more…
Changes in phpMyAdmin 4.9.1 (2019-09-21):
This release includes fixes for many bugs, including:
- Editing columns with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP for MySQL versions 8.0.13 and newer
- Compatibility issues with PHP 8
- Export of GIS visualization
- Enhanced descriptions for several collation types
- Creating a user with a single quote in the password string
- Unexpected quotes during import and export on text fields
- Improvements to adding new tables to Designer
- Fix an issue where an authenticated user could trigger heavy traffic between the database server and web server
- Fix a weakness where an attacker, under certain conditions, working at the same time as an administrator is using the setup script, could delete a server from the setup script
Homepage – https://www.phpmyadmin.net
Size: 12.9 MB