HitmanPro (Sophos Product) runs alongside your current antivirus, using its behavioral, deep-scanning technology to find and eliminate zero-day malware that has avoided detection.
HitmanPro is designed to work alongside existing security programs without any conflicts. It scans the computer quickly (less than 5 minutes) and does not slow down the computer (except for the few minutes it is scanning).
You do not need to install Hitman Pro software. You can run it straight from a USB flash drive, a CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive.
HitmanPro uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance.
Unknown and suspicious files are automatically identifies the online identification servers. This means no software on your system. If nothing is found (and we sincerely hope so), then you will never need a license. When a virus is found, then you’ll receive a free 30-day license to remove the threat.
SurfRight has done an extensive research of malware files to determine the common characteristics (behaviour) of malware. The HitmanPro client uses this research in its Behavioural Scan, when it scans the computer for virus activities or suspicous files that have the characteristics of malware.
For the files that are classified as suspicious, the Hitman Pro client sends a request to the Scan Cloud for confirmation if these files are indeed malicious. The Scan Cloud is a cluster of multiple computers, residing on the Internet. The Scan Cloud will respond to this request with the answer: * Safe * Malicious * Unknown
Features and benefits:
- On-demand Forensics-based Malware Detection. Kills zero-hour threats that your antivirus missed
- Potentially Unwanted Application Remediation. Targets PUAs using crowd-sourced machine learning
- Cloud-Assisted Scanning. Additional threat identification
- Real-Time, Signature-less Protection. Stops attacks without requiring prior knowledge of the malware or human involvement
- Ransomware Protection. Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files
- Exploit Mitigations. Prevents exploit techniques from compromising your system
- Online Banking Protection. Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Vaccination. Forces sandbox-aware malware to terminate itself
- Safe Browsing. Warns admin when malware compromises the browser
- Webcam Notification. Alerts the user when access is given to the webcam
- Keystroke Encryption. Prevents keyloggers form recording passwords
- Process Protection. Stops attacks that perform process hijacking or replacement
- Bad-USB Protection. Blocks malicious USB devices posing as keyboards
Changes in Version 3.8.34 Build 330 (2022-11-02):
- FIXED: Delete failed for Firefox cookies.
- FIXED: Close browsers cookie dialog logic.
- ADDED: Detection of Chrome Sxs and Chrome Dev cookies.
- ADDED: Detection of Chrome cookies from different profiles.
- ADDED: Detection for several Firefox based browser cookies.
- UPDATED: Edge Chromium icon.
- KNOWN ISSUE(S): ARM64 browser processes are not closed before scan (yet)
Changes in Version 3.8.32 Build 328 (2022-10-18):
- ADDED: Detection of (hidden) browser processes locking access to the cookie database(s) -> prompt for close browser(s).
- ADDED: Settings for the Running browsers prompt and the Close browser process.
- ADDED: ARM64 detection, only 32-bit version should run on ARM64.
- IMPROVED: 3rd Party tracking-cookie detection (Scan’s would show up empty because chromium browsers start blocking access to it while running).
- UPDATED: Binary is now signed with Sophos LTD code-sign certificate (This might cause trust issues with other 3rd party security software as its new).
- FIXED: Fixed vulnerabilities in the driver and cookie scan.
- KNOWN ISSUE(S): ARM64 browser processes are not closed before scan (yet).
Changes in Version 3.8.30 Build 326 (2022-06-01):
- ADDED: Detection of Tarrask malware
- CHANGED: If a scan cannot complete in “Direct Access Mode” it switches to “Compatible Disk Mode”
Changes in Version 3.8.27 Build 327 (2022-01-12):
- FIXED: Detection and removal of Chrome cookies
- FIXED: Windows XP Updater
- CHANGED: Terms and Condition when using HitmanPro for the first time
Changes in Version 3.8.26 Build 322 (2021-12-24):
- ADDED: Detection of Turla malware
- IMPROVED: Scan speed in certain scenarios
- CHANGED: Cloud components
Homepage – https://www.hitmanpro.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 11.1 MB