Adobe AIR is a cross operating system runtime that enables developers to package the same code into native apps for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, and other Android devices, reaching the mobile app stores for over 500 million devices.
It allows developers use their existing web development skills in HTML, AJAX, Flash and Flex to build and deploy rich Internet apps to the desktop.
Once installed Adobe AIR Applications complement browser-based web applications by providing additional reach and capabilities.
The app offers an exciting new way to engage customers with innovative, branded desktop applications, without requiring changes to existing technology, people, or processes.
With the Adobe AIR runtime, you can deliver branded rich Internet applications (RIAs) on the desktop that give you a closer connection to your customer. Adobe AIR enables businesses to efficiently deliver rich customer experiences across multiple digital touch points. The content can easily and consistently move between the browser, standalone applications and native operating systems to reach users on the devices of their choice.
Since the Adobe runtimes share a common codebase, developers can reuse code to deploy game console quality 2D and 3D games, rich media applications with premium high definition video and scalable date driven applications though Adobe AIR.
Adobe AIR 33 Features:
Deliver console-quality games:
- Stage 3D. Build stunning, blazing-fast cinematic 2D and 3D games for the browser, iOS, and Android. Use fully accelerated GPU rendering, which leverages the power of OpenGL and DirectX graphics.
- Concurrency. Create high-performance, more responsive games and content using ActionScript workers and shared ByteArray support. Share memory and leverage machine resources by offloading tasks to background workers that run concurrently (AIR desktop apps only).
- Extensibility. Give developers the ability to call into their native, platform-specific code using AIR native extensions. Free sets of native libraries are available through the Adobe Game Developer Tools to further empower developers.
Produce stunning media:
- HD-quality video. Play high-quality HD video with industry-standard codecs such as H.264, AAC and MP3. Use GPU hardware optimization and chipsets that scale across all platforms to provide best-in-class video performance.
- High quality of service. Engage viewers with optimized and adaptive bitrate video streaming as well as an extensive feature set. Support for streaming standards such as HDS, RTMP. Progressive video allows video content to be delivered efficiently and flexibly across various network and CDN configurations.
- Content protection. Deliver protected premium video content using Adobe Access. That supports a wide range of business models, including video on demand, live broadcast, HD rental, subscription, and electronic sell-through.
Develop high-performance apps:
- Optimized content. Deliver high-performance apps through the use of LZMA compression APIs, a garbage collection API, texture compression support for Stage 3D, and more.
- Enhanced rendering. Provides low-level Stage3D APIs for advanced rendering in apps. Explore a new architecture for high-performance 2D/3D GPU hardware accelerated graphics rendering by Adobe.
- Advanced bitmap control. Deliver smoother animations and interactivity using enhanced high-resolution bitmap support, bitmap caching, and asynchronous bitmap decoding.
What’s New in Adobe AIR 126.96.36.199:
- Setting UDP broadcast settings for *.*.*.255 addresses
- Fixing crash in embedded font rendering cache
- ADT rejects iOS ANEs that don’t contain universal binaries
- Fixing green strip at the bottom of some Windows H.264 videos
- ADT packaging IPA files – reducing long ld64 command lines
- Correcting Android Context usage of visual contexts when needed
- Updating JNI reference handling/clean-up for Android file access
- Updating descriptor XSD docs for missing icon sizes
- Ensuring Android content files can be opened/read asynchronously
- Ensuring AIR activate/deactivate events are sent on activity focus events
- Ensuring AIR Android soft keyboard behaviour matches OS
- Dispatch touch events on Android when requested, regardless of the device touchscreen feature flag
- Ensuring macOS KeychainStore certificates can be used without private keys
What’s New in Adobe AIR 188.8.131.52:
- Linux runtime rebuild using earlier GCC version
What’s New in Adobe AIR 184.108.40.206:
- Removing deferred framebuffer clears for Android runtime in background thread
- AIR Media – basic iOS sound output implementation
- Adding certificateError event for secure HTTP/socket connections
- Ensuring AIR apps can run from the root folder of a Windows drive
- Fixing URL session closure on macOS for cancelled connections
- Further updates to support File.openWithDefaultApplication on Android
- Fixing tvOS stub generation and reverting symbol removals
- Don’t Activate on _NET_WM_STATE event if the window is being hidden
- Updating Android compile and target SDK API levels to 33
- Ensuring Android file chooser ignores non-mime type filters
- Updating Android StageText to work in a background thread
- Fixing the iOS certificate security alert message by moving it out from async thread
- Ensuring Android platformsdk is picked up properly on cmdline
- Removing memory leakage in Worker when sending strings over MessageChannel
- Ensuring android CameraUI provider is properly named with air prefix
- Fixing JNI problems with Android TimeZone.availableTimeZoneNames
- Ensuring AIR on Android shuts down appropriately on exit() call
- Preventing Android JNI-detach crash
- Ensuring command-line platformsdk has priority in ADT
- Excluding invalid libc++.so files from Gradle builds
Homepage – https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- AIR SDK Development supports Microsoft Windows 7 and above, 64-bit only
- Mac OS X 10.10 and above
- AIR SDK Development supports Mac OS 10.12 and above
- ARMv7/x86 processor with vector FPU, minimum 550 MHz, OpenGL ES 2.0, H.264 and AAC HW decoders
- Android 4.0 and above
- iOS 9 and above
Size: 5.85 MB