NetWorx 7.1.2 by SoftPerfect
NetWorx is a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection.
NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only.
Furthermore, the software features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs.
It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system.
Using NetWorx, the incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged to a file, so that you can always view statistics about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration. The reports can be exported to a variety of formats, such as HTML, MS Word and Excel, for further analysis.
NetWorx Key Features:
- Clear graphic and/or numeric display.
- Usage reports, exportable to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
- Close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Support of dial-up, ISDN, cable modems, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Network information and testing tools with advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
- Options to notify the user or automatically disconnect from the Internet when the network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
- Dial-up session journal with detailed information about every session.
- Absolutely free and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
With NetWorx You Can …
- Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
- Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
- Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
- Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
- Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
- Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
Changes in NetWorx 7.1.2 (2022-03-06):
- Added: lock window position button for the graph, which prevents graph movement and resizing.
- Improved: On macOS, a separate process now ensures that the app does not unexpectedly terminate.
- Fixed: month boundary calculation when the billing period begins on a day higher than the number of days in the current month.
- Fixed: custom commands created by unprivileged users could potentially allow them to start processes under an admin account.
- Fixed: charting issues when the speed exceeded 4.2 Gbps (32-bit overflow).
- Fixed: handling 32-bit counter rollover at high speeds over 1 Gbps.
Changes in NetWorx 7.1.1 (2022-12-06):
- Added: speed units customisation setting.
- Improved: monochrome menu bar labels and icon on macOS.
- Improved: instant addition of recent usage to usage reports.
- Improved: DEP and dynamic relocation support in Windows binaries.
- Improved: excluded apps are removed from real-time graph.
- Fixed: appearance on macOS with automatic system theme.
- Fixed: potential crash when using Speed Meter.
- Fixed: taskbar graph appearance on Windows.
- Fixed: SNMP/UPnP monitoring on macOS.
- Removed: multiplier setting.
Changes in NetWorx 7.1 (2022-10-28):
- Added: drill-down in all usage reports.
- Added: transparency in taskbar and menu bar.
- Added: process exclusion for VPN client apps.
- Improved: show used bandwidth share in all usage reports.
- Improved: reduced taskbar flicker on some Windows machines.
- Fixed: taskbar graph recreation if Windows Explorer crashes.
- Fixed: numerous user interface fixes and enhancements.
Changes in NetWorx 7.0.3 (2022-08-29):
- Added: taskbar graph in Windows 11 and in portable editions.
- Improved: network driver compatibility with other products.
- Improved: UI enhancements throughout the app.
- Improved: histogram tray icon graph.
- Fixed: crash when tray icon graph was enabled with custom Y-scale set.
Homepage – https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 – Windows 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – Windows Server 2022
- macOS 10.8 – macOS 11+
Size: 8.57 MB