GOM Player is a completely FREE media player, with popular audio and video codecs built-in. It supports all the most popular video and Media Player formats, tons of advanced features, extreme customizability, and the Codec Finder service.
GOM Player supports most of the codecs (AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, and plus more) by its own embedded codec system so that you won’t have to look for appropriate codecs everytime you can’t play a certain video format.
For those codecs that require license that cannot be distributed, GOM Player will automatically lead you to a open-source codec web-site.
The Player supports a lot of advanced features for advanced users. You can customize the player by creating your own skin, setting toggle keys, VMR modes, detailed resolution among others.
GOM Player Plus is the next evolution to GOM Player free version. It still provides all of the capabilities as FREE Edition, but with added major upgrades: No Advertisements, an Upgraded UI for easy and quick usage, Significant performance upgrade.
GOM Player also provides features such as an overlay mixer, HTTP streaming, real-time index rebuilding for AVI files, unicode support, key frame based RW/FF and many more!
GOM Player Features:
- Comprehensive File Support
Supports various file formats including AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, DVD and Audio CD.
- Advanced Features
This player has a wide variety of advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, Media Player capture, playback speed control, and video effects.
The skinable interface and advanced filter controls make it highly customizable. Allows users to personalize their experience to fit their needs.
- Codec Finder
GOM Player’s Codec Finder service will search for the one missing codec and direct you to a place where you can read more and download it.
- Play Broken Files (Patented)
GOM Player’s patented technology enables users to view files with broken index or that are still being downloaded.
- Screen Capture
Screen capture allows you to take a screenshot of your video directly from Player. Using the Burst Capture feature, you can take continuous screenshots upto 999 shots.
- Movie Subtitles from Classics to Recent Releases
The Subtitle Library has data collected for 10 years! Automatically searches and syncs subtitles for the movie being played.
- Vivid 360° VR Playback
Supports online search for YouTube VR videos as well as your own 360° videos. Presents highly immersive VR experiences.
Changes in GOM Player 184.108.40.20639 (2022-03-23):
- Improved a display of built-in subtitles in the subtitle explorer
- Fixed an error that occurred when processing subtitles’ spaces and positions
- Fixed the AVI Frame Drops
- Fixed an error that occurred when some built-in subtitles were recognized
- Fixed a problem that occurred when playing audio/subtitles of contents with low FPS
Changes in GOM Player 220.127.116.1138 (2022-02-24):
- Improved the speed of Youtube down stream
- Support YTT(Youtube Timed Text, SRV3)
- Fixed an error that broken subtitles were displayed when playing a specific video
- Fixed an error that occurred in the output ratio when changing the video size
- Fixed frame drops that occurred when using H/W acceleration function
- Fixed sound delay when playing Adaptive Streaming
- Fixed an issue that the tooltip time of the Sync Move button in the subtitle explorer did not match.
- Fixed an issue that the sound EQ setting and the control window (F7) EQ setting did not match
- Fixed an error occurred when the subtitle size was changed by video rotation.
Changes in GOM Player 18.104.22.16837 (2022-01-18):
- Display type icons in Favorites pop-up list
- Fixed the problem that the subtitle shadow was cut off
- Fixed the problem of search delay that occurred when playing multiple video files
- Fixed the problem that occurred when some SRT subtitles were displayed
- Fixed the problem that CUVID H/W acceleration was not working
- Fixed the problem that H/W acceleration was not working on 10-bit video
- Improved the playback of Broken AVI files
- Fixed the problem that occurred when setting the color space for video
Changes in GOM Player 22.214.171.12436 (2021-12-23):
- Support playback for DASH MPD Live Streaming
- Improved playback for RAW Video RGB type
- Added a function to apply tags to SBR subtitles
- Fixed an error that occurred when setting deinterlacing
- Fixed an error that occurred when playing a particular TS file
- Fixed an error of DXVA2 and added an acceleration of D3D11
- Fixed a shortcut key for moving SSA subtitles
- Fixed an error that occurred when tagging SRT subtitles
- Fixed a display of SBV subtitle
Changes in GOM Player 126.96.36.19935 (2021-11-18):
- Display End Time in subtitle explorer
- Fixed a crash problem that occurred when deleting the section of A-B Repeat
- Fixed an error that occurred when setting subtitle spacing
- Fixed a problem that subtitles with control characters were not properly displayed in the subtitle explorer.
- Fixed an error when processing ASS subtitles
Changes in GOM Player 188.8.131.5234 (2021-10-28):
- Upgraded FFMPEG
- Upgraded the performance of the default built-in codecs (Support for av1 codec)
- Fixed an error that occurred when searching for mtm files
- Fixed an error that occurred when playing some mpg files
- Fixed an error that occurred when processing the color range of EVR CP Renderer
Changes in GOM Player 184.108.40.20633 (2021-09-23):
- Added a function to be played in the mtm file format
- Fixed an issue about A/V sync of TS file
- Fixed an issue that normalizer settings was initialized when initializing preferences
- Fixed an issue of audio sync in some video files
Changes in GOM Player 220.127.116.1132 (2021-08-17):
- Added the AC3 float decoder
- Fixed an error that occurred when processing video timestamps
Changes in GOM Player 18.104.22.16831 (2021-07-21):
- Added the function to display the order of playlists
- Improved playback performance of H264 ES files
- Removed the horizontal margin of subtitles
Homepage – https://www.gomlab.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 29.1 MB