GOM Player is a completely FREE media player, with popular audio and video codecs built-in. It supports all the most popular video and Media Player formats, tons of advanced features, extreme customizability, and the Codec Finder service.
GOM Player supports most of the codecs (AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, and plus more) by its own embedded codec system so that you won’t have to look for appropriate codecs everytime you can’t play a certain video format.
For those codecs that require license that cannot be distributed, GOM Player will automatically lead you to a open-source codec web-site.
The Player supports a lot of advanced features for advanced users. You can customize the player by creating your own skin, setting toggle keys, VMR modes, detailed resolution among others.
GOM Player Plus is the next evolution to GOM Player free version. It still provides all of the capabilities as FREE Edition, but with added major upgrades: No Advertisements, an Upgraded UI for easy and quick usage, Significant performance upgrade.
GOM Player also provides features such as an overlay mixer, HTTP streaming, real-time index rebuilding for AVI files, unicode support, key frame based RW/FF and many more!
GOM Player Features:
- Comprehensive File Support
Supports various file formats including AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, DVD and Audio CD.
- Advanced Features
This player has a wide variety of advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, Media Player capture, playback speed control, and video effects.
The skinable interface and advanced filter controls make it highly customizable. Allows users to personalize their experience to fit their needs.
- Codec Finder
GOM Player’s Codec Finder service will search for the one missing codec and direct you to a place where you can read more and download it.
- Play Broken Files (Patented)
GOM Player’s patented technology enables users to view files with broken index or that are still being downloaded.
- Screen Capture
Screen capture allows you to take a screenshot of your video directly from Player. Using the Burst Capture feature, you can take continuous screenshots upto 999 shots.
- Movie Subtitles from Classics to Recent Releases
The Subtitle Library has data collected for 10 years! Automatically searches and syncs subtitles for the movie being played.
- Vivid 360° VR Playback
Supports online search for YouTube VR videos as well as your own 360° videos. Presents highly immersive VR experiences.
Changes in GOM Player GOM Player 188.8.131.5209 (2019-11-20):
[Improvement of function]
- Added the New Preference Mode (Beta)
[VOC and bug fixes]
- Fixed an error caused when playing some HEVC contents
- Fixed an error marked as incorrect DVD Chapter
- Fixed an action handling the message margins
Changes in GOM Player 184.108.40.20608 (2019-10-15):
- Added an option showing remaining playback time.
(Playback Toggle)[VOC and bug fixes]
- Fixed an issue of videos not playing when you set up units in pixels as zooming in or out videos
- Added a function to adjust VR screen mode on the list of shortcut keys
Changes in GOM Player 220.127.116.1107 (2019-09-17):
- Added a function of playing the next file automatically after the current file has finished
- Fixed an error of being omitted at the beginning of some OGG files
- Fixed a crash error which happened when you cropped a video during playback
- Supports to play and selectively apply the CoreAAC codec
- Fixed an error that some subtitles with same SMI Time were omitted
Homepage – https://www.gomlab.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 25.5 MB