QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install QuickTime Player from Apple. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages.
The very user-friendly installation is fully customizable, which means that you can install only those components that you want.
QuickTime Alternative consists of codec libraries extracted from the official distribution. Also includes the official QuickTime plugin required for playing QuickTime files (.MOV, .QT and others) in web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape and Google Chrome.
Moreover, it includes Media Player Classic. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.
QuickTime Alternative is a smaller package and lacks the full complement of software included in Apple QuickTime, including QuickTime Player, PictureViewer, and any QuickTime Pro features. In addition, QuickTime Alternative does not run background processes such as the optional QuickTime Tray Icon from the official distribution.
Features of QuickTime Alternative:
- Media Player Classic is a full-featured player which has decoding support for QuickTime content.
- QuickTime codecs are required for playing QuickTime movies and audio.
- ActiveX control allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer. Other programs might also need this component.
- QuickTime Browser plugin allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. This plugin supports Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, Opera and Google Chrome.
- Control Panel is required for configuring some QuickTime settings.
- Plugins are required for viewing some special formats that are sometimes used on webpages. The Plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.
- DirectShow filter allows you to play QuickTime content in all DirectShow enabled players. Without this filter QuickTime content can only be played in Media Player Classic
Changes in QuickTime Alternative 3.2.2 (2010-04-16):
- Now shows a warning when the option to install “Apple Application Support” is unchecked
Homepage – https://www.codecguide.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 18.3 MB