FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool. It allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages.
You can choose to send captures to editor, file, clipboard, printer, email, Word/PowerPoint document or upload them to your website. Editing tools include annotating (texts, arrowed lines, highlights), resizing, cropping, sharpening, watermarking, applying edge effects and many more.
It also allows you to record screen activities and sound into highly compressed video files. Other features include global hotkeys, automatic filename generation, support for external editors, a color picker, a screen magnifier and a screen ruler.
FastStone Capture saves files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats.
FastStone Capture Features:
- A small handy Capture Panel that provides quick access to its capture tools and output options
- Global hotkeys to activate screen capturing instantly
- Capture windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and scrolling windows/web pages
- Capture multiple windows and objects including multi-level menus
- Record screen activities including onscreen changes, speech from microphone, mouse movements and clicks into highly compressed video files (Windows Media Video format). A built-in video editor allows you to draw annotations, apply zoom effects and cut unwanted sections. It even allows you to convert video files to animated gif files.
- Options to specify output destination (internal editor, clipboard, file, printer …)
- Draw annotation objects such as texts, arrowed lines, highlights, watermarks, rectangles and circles
- Apply effects such as drop-shadow, frame, torn-edge and fade-edge
- Add image caption
- Resize, crop, rotate, sharpen, brighten, adjust colors …
- Support tabs that allow you to capture and edit multiple screenshots simultaneously
- Support external editors
- Save in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats
- Acquire images from scanner
- Convert images to a multi-page PDF file
- Join images side by side to produce a single image file
- Send captured images by email
- Capture the screen at user-specified time intervals
- Send captured images to Word and PowerPoint documents
- Send captured images to a Web (FTP) server
- Screen Color Picker
- Screen Magnifier
- Support multiple monitors
- Screen Crosshair
- Screen Ruler
- Support touch interface (tap, swipe, pinch)
- Run when Windows starts (optional)
- Minimize to System Tray area
- Small footprint in memory
- And many more …
Changes in FastStone Capture 9.3 (September 12, 2019):
- Enhanced Draw tools
- Added a Border option to Highlighter
- Added a Highlight option to Magnifier
- Added left/right click option when Mouse Pointer inserted
- Smoother Pencil and enhanced L-Line
- Draw tools load faster
- Added Classic Skin option to Editor under its Settings menu
- Added a new method (by entering diagonal length of screen) to calibrate Screen Ruler
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.faststone.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.