PassMark PerformanceTest 10 is a fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking software for Windows. It allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using twenty eight different speed tests over six test suites, then compare the results to other computers.
PerformanceTest comes with six baseline results as well as the ability to search and download thousands more from PassMark online database of user submission. It also lets you use the advanced tests to create you own benchmark scenarios. In addition to the standard tests, there are 7 summary results plus the overall “PassMark Rating” result.
The benchmark results are presented as easy to read bar charts so that you don’t need to spend hours studying the number to know the result.
Timing for the tests is done using high resolution timers, which are accurate to approximately 1 millionth of a second on most PC’s.
Passmark PerformanceTest offers the thirty-two standard benchmark tests in five test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
PassMark PerformanceTest Standard test suites:
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, physics.
- 2D graphics tests Vectors, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements.
- 3D graphics tests DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 in 4K resolution. DirectCompute and OpenCL
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files + IOPS
- Memory tests Memory access speeds and latency
The seven advanced testing windows allow experienced users to create their own test scenarios and conduct an in-depth analysis of their hardware’s behavior. Each advanced testing window allows the user to select from a number of parameters and when appropriate graph the results, export the results and measure the CPU load. By adjusting the input parameters is it possible to measure the optional performance under a variety of different scenarios.
PassMark PerformanceTest features:
- Advanced Disk Testing. Test the speed of your disk using different file sizes, block sizes and caching options.
- Advanced CD / DVD Testing. Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive using different test durations, block sizes and caching options.
- Advanced 3D Testing. Test the speed of your 3D video card by selecting from options such as fogging, lighting, alpha blending, wire frame, texturing, resolution, color depth, object rotation and object displacement.
- Advanced Networking Test. Measure the network speed between any two computers using TCP/IP. The network speed test can be conducted across a company LAN or across the Internet to determine the point to point throughput. Adjust parameters such as the host name, IP address, port number and block size. Works with dialup modems, ADSL, cable and LANs.
- Advanced Memory Test. Measure the read and write speed of your RAM. Parameters include data size (8 bits to 32 bits) and a selection of two test modes. Linear sequential access across various block sizes or non sequential access with a varying step size. This allows both the effect of RAM caching and the optimizations in the memory controller to be investigated.
- Advanced Visualized Physics Test. View a visual representation of what the standard CPU Physics test is doing. You can also tweak the simulation parameters to get different effects.
- Advanced DirectCompute Test. Test your Videocard’s DirectCompute performance with a series of tests.
- Comprehensive online help
- Supports hyper-threading, and multiple CPUs testing
- Detailed disk speed graphs
- Supports printing results
- The ability to save your benchmark results to disk as a new baseline
- A customizable “Notes” field for storing your own information along with the saved Benchmark result.
- Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word)
- Export results to HTML, text, GIF, and BMP formats
- Single test execution, execution of a test suite or execution of all tests with a single mouse click.
- A summary ‘Mark’ figure for each test suite plus the calculation of the PassMark Rating figure.
- An easy to use point and click interface
- A summary system information screen including CPU type, CPU speed, Total RAM, Video Hardware, Cluster size, etc..
- The ability to compare the performance of your computer to multiple ‘Baseline’ computers at the one time.
- Flexible license, move the software
- Fixed possible crash at start-up when getting clean HDD name (could be triggered by having a Microsoft storage space device setup)
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1014:
- Increase frame rate check for DX11 ‘result too high’ error message as some newer high powered cards are well above this limit
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1013:
- Install/Run from USB, fixed a bug where the default disk location could default to the USB drive letter instead of C: when running the disk test from USB
- DX12 test, added a frame limit (rather than time based) on the “warp” effect at start to try and prevent a “grid” being displayed on nvidia cards
- Advanced CPU, fixed graphing anomaly drawing 0 value as last data point of graph and not drawing graph when only 1 data point existed
- Added a check if the DirectlO driver (used for system information and temperature collection) failed to load when collecting temperatures to try and prevent an error box being displayed every sample
- Added GPU naming for several Ryzen CPUs (542X, 5300U, 5400U, 5700U, 3200, 3400, 3500 U/G/GE, 7000)
- Made a change so the drive tested isn’t set to “Unknown” if physical disk number doesn’t match the found index (seen on a system with removable sata drives after being removed)
- Initial support for Intel ARC GPU temperature collection
- Added support for collecting RAM info from systems with more than 64 memory slots
- Added support for retrieving DDRS SPD on Intel Raptor Lake-S (13th gen)
- Added support for retrieving DDRS SPD on AMD Ryzen chipsets
- Added Ryzen 7000 series support for information, temperature and naming integrated graphics
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1012:
- Fixed Directio driver failing to load on some systems (caused by 22H2 updates) which would prevent temperatures from being collected and could display Windows “Program Compatibility” driver cannot load errors
- Updated system information library to support retrieving CPU info for Intel Raptor Lake, Tremont and Sapphire Rapids chipsets
- Fixed retrieving cache info for Intel hybrid architectures
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1010:
- Remove dependency on VCRUNTIME140.DLL.
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1009:
- Updated Directio64.sys with another newly Microsoft signed version to fix issues with Windows 11 22H2
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1008:
- Fixed key.dat not being created correctly when installing to USB.
- Added a warning message at start-up if digital signature is invalid for PerformanceTest executable.
What’s New in version 10.2 Build 1007:
- Fixed opening of .ptscript files to handle ANSI and unicode (with BOM)
- Baseline upload, changed to HTTP post for uploading files instead of FTP (to prevent future issues with moving servers again)
- Advanced memory test, fixed the progress bar overflowing/resetting to the start while testing
- Fixed opening of key.dat files so that both ANSI and UTF8 key.dat files will work (previously only UTF8 file formats would work correctly)
Homepage – https://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Size: 67.1 MB