Futuremark PCMark 7 is a complete PC benchmarking solution for Windows 7 and Windows 8. It includes 7 tests combining more than 25 targeted workloads covering storage, computation, image and video manipulation, web browsing and gaming.
Specifically designed for the full range of PC hardware from netbooks and tablets to notebooks and desktops, PCMark 7 offers complete Windows PC performance testing for home and business use. This Futuremark software is ideal for testing the performance of SSDs and other storage devices.
The PCMark test is a complete PC benchmark that measures overall system performance during typical desktop usage across a range of activities such as handling images and video, web browsing and gaming. This is the most important test since it returns the official PCMark score for the system.
The PCMark 7 Creativity test contains a collection of workloads to measure the system performance in typical creativity scenarios. Individual workloads include viewing, editing, transcoding and storing photos and videos. At the end of the benchmark your PC is given a Creativity test score.
The Entertainment test measures your PC performance in common entertainment scenarios such as recording, viewing, streaming and transcoding TV shows and movies, importing, organizing and browsing new music and playing games. Some workloads require DirectX 10.
Futuremark PCMark 7 Features:
- Productivity test – Advanced and Professional Editions
The Productivity test is a collection of workloads that measure system performance in typical productivity scenarios. Individual workloads include loading web pages and using home office applications.
- Computation test – Advanced and Professional Editions
The Computation test measures CPU and GPU computation performance without being unduly influenced by the system memory, chipset or storage devices. Some workloads require DirectX 11.
- Storage test – Advanced and Professional Editions
The Storage test is a collection of workloads that isolate the performance of your PC’s HDD or SSD. You can choose to test other storage devices in addition to the main system drive.
- Lightweight test – Advanced and Professional Editions
The Lightweight test is ideal for benchmarking entry-level desktops, tablets and notebooks using the Windows 7 Starter operating systems, or other systems that are unable to run the main PCMark test.
PCMark 7 Basic Edition lets you run the PCMark test an unlimited number of times. Upgrade to the Advanced Edition to unlock the other tests.
PCMark 7 Advanced Edition includes all 7 tests, all workloads, and unlimited results storage – everything you need for accurate PC benchmark testing in one easy to use application.
PCMark 7 Professional Edition designed to meet the specific needs of our business customers. The Professional Edition unlocks all tests and features including command line automation and priorty support.
Changes in Futuremark PCMark 7 1.4.0:
- Enhanced accuracy in video playback drawn frames measurement.
- In addition to the standard result, PCMark 7 Storage tests now report additional “raw” results where the metric idle values have been excluded from the score calculation.
- New troubleshooting option for hardware acceleration of video transcoding – “Enable hardware accelerated video transcoding” checkbox on the Help tab.
- Improved logging.
- Now fully compatible with Windows 8.
- The Web Browsing test has been completely rewritten to avoid compatibility issues with Windows 8. The previous implementation was based on Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC), the new one is a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) application. The heavy lifting in the test is still done by the WebBrowser2 control. Benchmark scores are affected, in most cases going up by a few percent.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for Windows 8 compatibility.
- Fixed issues in video transcoding tests and added transcoding output file validation. These changes affect benchmark scores.
- Fixed a data compressibility bug in the storage workloads. Benchmark scores are affected in configurations that use data compression at the hardware level.
Homepage – https://benchmarks.ul.com/
PCMark 7 is compatible with Windows 8 when using the latest SystemInfo component.