SiSoftware Sandra 2021 – the latest version of its award-winning utility. It includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, mobile devices and networks.
SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information and diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software.
SiSoftware Sandra works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what’s really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level.
Added new Overall Performance benchmarks for all major components (CPU, GPGPU, Video/Graphics, Memory/Cache and Disk) and thus simplified the Overall Computer Performance benchmark.
Also added hardware support and optimisations for brand-new CPU architectures (AMD Ryzen 2, AMD Vega GPGPU, future Intel) not forgetting GPGPU architectures across the various interfaces (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX ComputeShader, OpenGL Compute).
SiSoftware Sandra, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as “SANDRA”, was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today’s computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Feature list of SiSoftware Sandra 2021:
- Processor Overall Index. A combined performance index of all major CPU-related benchmarks: Multi-Media, Scientific Analysis, Financial Analysis, Image Processing, Multi-Core Efficiency
- GPGPU Overall Index. A combined performance index of all major GPGPU-related benchmarks: Processing, Scientific Analysis, Financial Analysis, Image Processing, Memory Bandwidth, Memory Latency
- Video/Graphics Overall Index. A combined performance index of all major video benchmarks: Shader Processing, Memory Bandwidth, Media Transcoding
- Memory/Cache Overall Index. A combined performance index of all major memory and cache-related benchmarks: Memory Bandwidth, Cache Bandwidth, Memory Latency.
- Disk Overall Index. A combined performance index of all major disk-related benchmarks: File System Bandwidth, File System I/O, Physical Disk Bandwidth
- Overall Computer Index. A combined performance index of all component overall indexes (CPU, GPGPU, Video/Graphics, Memory/Cache and Disk)
While each benchmark measures the performance of a specific device (CPU, Memory, (GP)GPU, Storage, etc.), there is a real need for a benchmark to evaluate the overall computer performance: this new benchmark is a weighted average of the individual scores of the existing benchmarks:
- Native CPU Arithmetic, Cryptographic, Multi-Media (SIMD), Financial and Scientific: measures native processing performance using the very latest instruction sets (AVX512, AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2)
- .Net/Java Arithmetic: measures software virtual machine performance (e.g. for .Net WPF/Silverlight/Modern applications)
- Memory and Cache Bandwidth and Latency: measures memory and caches performance
- File System/Storage Bandwidth and I/O: measures storage performance
- GP (General Processing) / HC (Heterogonous Compute) (GPU/APU) Arithmetic, Cryptographic, Financial, Scientific: measures (GP)GPU/APU processing performance
- GP (General Processing) / HC (Heterogonous Compute) (GPU/APU) Memory Bandwidth and Latency: measures (GP)GPU/APU memory performance
Key features of Sandra 20/21
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64, ARM64** – Windows; ARM, ARM64, x86, x64 – Android)
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
- 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL 2.1+, CUDA 10.1+, DirectX Compute Shader 11/10+, OpenGL Compute 4.5+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 11.x/10.x, OpenGL 4.0+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
- Memory Latency Benchmark
- “In-Page Random” memory access latency pattern – TLB range fix – that resulted in too-low memory score (latency) to be reported on modern Intel systems (e.g. AlderLake with large L3 cache).
- Better random number generator (2^32 vs. 2^15 states) in order to defeat any possible sequence detection.
- Note that the other tests “Full Random” and “Sequential” memory access patterns – are *not* affected as the pattern is not affected by TLB data.
- It is always recommended to use “2MB/large” pages rather than “4kB/normal” pages in order to minimise TLB miss penalties which is the reason for the “in-page random” test.
- Reverted to testing latencies of all cores (thus “Multi-Core”) rather than just 1 thread/core (“Single-Core”) so that on hybrid systems (Alder Lake, Raptor Lake, etc.) the average/overall latency does not favour just to Big/P cores.
- Cryptography Benchmark
- fixed HWA code paths (AES, SHA) not engaging [R13x regression]
- Resolved L2 & L3 cache count detection [R13x regression]
- Client (GUI)
- Light/Dark-mode colour optimisations
- Intel Future Server
- Intel Atom “Elkhart Lake” ELK
- Intel 3rd gen Xeon “Whitley”/”Ice Lake” Server (“Ice Lake”) ICL-SP
- fixed crashes on all benchmarks
- AMD Ryzen 6000 (Mobile) platform preliminary support
- Memory Bandwidth Benchmark
- fixed failure with Atom/SSE2-4 code path
- Cache Bandwidth Benchmark
- fixed failure with multiple cores/threads CPUs (e.g. ICL-SP)
- tested up to 16 NUMA, 112C / 224T, up to 1024T supported.
- Multi-Media Benchmark
- AMD EPYC – we’re tracking an issue on 2S / 128C / 256T servers that may result in incorrect scores.
- Memory Bandwidth Benchmark
- Client (GUI)
- Light/Dark-mode font optimisations
- Icon dynamic colour customisation
Homepage – https://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Client
- Windows 11, 10 (x86, x64, ARM, Arm64)
- Windows 8.1, 7 (x86, x64)
- Windows Server / Hyper-V Server
- Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016 LTSC (x64)
- Windows Server 2012/R2, 2008/R2 (x64)
- Windows Server vNext (x64, Arm64)
Size: 191 MB