PDFCreator is a free PDF converter tool that allows you to create a PDF file (Portable Document Format) from any Windows program.
If you can print your document, you can convert it to PDF with PDFCreator. And not only PDF, you can convert the document to other popular formats as well, like PNG, JPEG and TIF.
Creating PDF files with PDFCreator is easy. It works as a virtual printer and can convert anything to PDF that you can print. Simply print your document to the PDFCreator printer to start the conversion.
PDFCreator transforms the generic printer commands generated by programs into PDF commands and stores them in a PDF file. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application.
The program converts every printable document to PDF and many other formats.
- Convert your Documents to PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF and more
- Merge multiple documents to one file
- Profiles make frequently used settings available with one click
- Use automatic saving to have a fully automated PDF printer
Professional Edition features allow you to control and secure your output to achieve the results you desire.
- Compress and resize images to reduce the file size
- Encrypt your PDFs with AES and protect them with a password
- Prevent unauthorized access to your PDFs by changing the security settings
- Use the COM interface to control the program from your application
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Send generated files via eMail
- Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- Create PDF/A files for long term archives
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: the program also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
PDFCreator Plus does not contain advertisements during the setup. This results in a faster installation and a smaller download size.
- The PDF Architect installer has been updated (including our lastest signature).
Changes in PDFCreator 4.4.2:
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: During an uninstallation the proxy was not used for revoking the license.
- The “open file” action did not consider the default application from the system’s user choice.
- When PDFCreator was in standby, the COM interface did not work.
- A ShellExecute error could occur during uninstallation.
- “Close now” did not work when an update was installed via the user interface.
- Default viewers did not use the specified additional parameters.
- The delete function in the history was not working.
- The PDF/A validation report could have been overwritten, even if “ensure unique filenames” was enabled.
- The FTP connection can now be immediately tested in the account settings.
- HotFolder now includes Hungarian language.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.4.1:
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: There was an issue with the TLS version selection during the licensing process.
- The conversion of PDF files via the context menu was broken.
- Environment variables were not updated during standby.
- Enabling actions in the CS-script action did not work.
- When changing the installation directory during an update, new print jobs were only processed after starting PDFCreator manually.
- Newly added profiles were displayed twice in the profile list.
- The viewer start page was not applied for “merge all”.
- Some setting values in the hot folder were not properly displayed.
- The MSI property ADDLOCAL is now available for creating an Administrative Installation Point.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.4.0:
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server inherit the CS Script action from PDFCreator Server, which allows to integrate own C# scripts with access to the entire job data.
- PDFCreator now has a standby mode that significantly improves performance.
- New lightweight command line application (PDFCreator-cli.exe) that takes over the command line functionality of PDFCreator.
- Multiple documents for cover, attachment or additional attachments in mail actions can now be sorted via drag & drop.
- A test e-mail in the e-mail or SMTP action now uses the specified attachment files instead of dummy files.
- New action to automatically generate page numbers.
- The HTTP action supports tokens in the upload URL.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: During uninstallation the license was not revoked.
- Under certain circumstances, deleted profiles were still shown in the profile list until re-opening the profiles tab.
Homepage – https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Size: 38.9 MB