PDFCreator is a free PDF converter tool that allows you to create a PDF file (Portable Document Format) from any Windows program.
If you can print your document, you can convert it to PDF with PDFCreator. And not only PDF, you can convert the document to other popular formats as well, like PNG, JPEG and TIF.
Creating PDF files with PDFCreator is easy. It works as a virtual printer and can convert anything to PDF that you can print. Simply print your document to the PDFCreator printer to start the conversion.
PDFCreator transforms the generic printer commands generated by programs into PDF commands and stores them in a PDF file. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application.
The program converts every printable document to PDF and many other formats.
- Convert your Documents to PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF and more
- Merge multiple documents to one file
- Profiles make frequently used settings available with one click
- Use automatic saving to have a fully automated PDF printer
Professional Edition features allow you to control and secure your output to achieve the results you desire.
- Compress and resize images to reduce the file size
- Encrypt your PDFs with AES and protect them with a password
- Prevent unauthorized access to your PDFs by changing the security settings
- Use the COM interface to control the program from your application
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Send generated files via eMail
- Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- Create PDF/A files for long term archives
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: the program also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
Plus Edition does not contain advertisements during the setup. This results in a faster installation and a smaller download size.
- The signing action now supports Elliptic-curve cryptography.
- Updated to Ghostscript 10.01.2 due to a critical security flaw in lower versions. For more details look up CVE-Nummer CVE-2023-36664.
- Using user tokens and having an empty page in the document could lead to an IndexOutOfRangeException.
- An already installed PDF Architect 9 is now properly detected by the setup.
- Saving files only temporarily stopped working for automatic saving.
- The use of escape characters in user tokens has been concretely defined. Please refer to the User Tokens section of the user guide for more information.
- Improved logging in case of errors with the directory.
- The handling of too long file paths has been improved. Instead of marking the shortened paths with a “..”, the file name is simply truncated at the end to comply with the maximum path length. If a path needs to be shortened, a warning is logged.
Homepage – https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Size: 49.6 MB