This Office suite has user interface and feature set similar to other office suites. Sophisticated and flexible, it also works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office.
Available in over 45 supported languages, OpenOffice runs stably and natively on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), Windows, Mac OS, and other platforms.
Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL and SISSL Open Source licenses, OpenOffice allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source.
And, because the file format for OpenOffice is XML, interoperability is easy, making future development and adoption more certain.
Apache OpenOffice has such modules:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
and people working at all levels of government (local / federal / regional / national etc) find OpenOffice 4 is their ideal software solution. The combination of a flexible word processor, a powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meets all the everyday needs of a typical busy office worker. Already available in a wide range of languages, this suite can be freely translated by local teams.
of all levels (primary, secondary, college, university…) find OpenOffice 4 meets the needs of both teachers and students. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all requirements for an office software package.
from corner-shops to corporate giants are turning to OpenOffice 4 to power their businesses. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all the requirements for an office software package. This Office Suite offers a high degree of compatibility with commercial office software, but with none of the costs or licence worries.
Not for Profit (NFP)
organizations of all sizes are turning to this office software that meets their needs and shares their values. It offers a high degree of compatibility with commercial office software, but with none of the costs or licence worries.
Build your business around Apache OpenOffice. If you’re in the IT business, this Office suite can mean good business for you. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all the requirements for an office software package.
Free/Open-Source Software (F/OSS)
proponents are turning to OpenOffice both as end-users and as contributors. It is the office suite is a choice of millions of users. It is released under the OSI approved LGPL terms, with over 750 contributors and an international community approaching 400,000 individuals.
Homepage – https://www.openoffice.org
System Requirements for Version 4.1.x:
- Windows (XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and 11)
- GNU/Linux (x86 and x86-64, RPM and DEB based Linux distributions)
- Mac OS X (x86-64 only)
Size: 136 MB