doPDF is a free lightweight PDF creator that lets you create PDF files fast and easy. Once installed it will allow you to convert any type of printable documents to PDF files.
doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list and also in the list of All Programs.
With one click you can convert your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or your emails and favorite web sites to PDF files. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF.
Using doPDF you can convert to PDF in two ways:
1. Print to PDF via the virtual printer driver doPDF. You would do this exactly as you print to a regular printer, just the result will be a PDF file, not a printed piece of paper.
2. Using the doPDF Startup window. The app has an executable file (accessible from the start program group) that you can run in order to start a conversion wizard.
doPDF Feature Highlights:
- Select and convert. Creating PDF files is as simple as selecting the file you want to convert and clicking a button that will start the actual conversion (you can also print to pdf via the virtual doPDF printer).
- 400+ document types supported. The principle is this, if a document type is printable, then doPDF can create a PDF file out of it. This is why you can convert documents such as: DOC, DOCX, DJVU, XLS, XLSX, XPS, PPT, PPTX, DOT, EML, VSD, PUB, PUBX, MPP, WPD, OpenOffice, DWG, HTML, TXT, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF and many others.
- No GhostScript or .NET. Doesn’t require 3rd party programs to make PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF printer programs.
- Consistent PDF look. To ensure that the resulting PDF file will look exactly as originally intended, doPDF embeds by default the font subsets used in the original document.
- Industry-standard PDF files. This app creates standard PDF files, meaning you will be able to open them with any free PDF reader (i.e. Adobe Reader, Foxit PDF Reader, Sumatra PDF Reader, Nuance PDF Reader). Not only that but the content of the PDF file is searchable, meaning you can search for text within created PDF (search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
Changes in version 11.7.352 (18-October-2022):
- Fixed: Licenses can be unblocked during a limited period of time (Premium)
- Fixed: Activation button was not functional for blocked licenses (Premium)
- Fixed: UI changes for license management window (Premium)
Changes in version 11.6.345 (15-July-2022):
- Updated: Check for updates window UI adjustments for multiple languages
- Updated: Romanian translation
Changes in version 11.5.334 (14-June-2022):
- Updated: Application windows are loading faster now
- Updated: Spanish translation for the user interface
- Updated: Restart app message after changing language
- Updated: Getting started feature tab was redesigned
Changes in version 11.5.333 (9-June-2022):
- Added: Premium edition – view more on https://www.dopdf.com/compare.html
- Added: Option to permanently activate a Premium license
- Updated: Improved activation process for slow networks (Premium edition)
- Updated: UI for the activation process (Premium edition)
- Fixed: Always try to download the corresponding MSI files when using the web installer
Changes in version 11.4.323 (30-May-2022):
- Fixed: Command prompt windows were displayed during installation
- Fixed: Addin for Office did not work with version 7 printers
Changes in version 11.4.287 (11-April-2022):
- Added: Turkish translation for the user interface
- Added: Use Save dialog when the Browse button is pressed
- Updated: Detect restrictions for PrintNightmare and show warning message
- Fixed: Issues when printing a file created by Foxit PhantomPDF with non-Unicode fonts
Homepage – https://www.dopdf.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019