doPDF is a free lightweight PDF creator that lets you create PDF files fast and easy. Once installed it will allow you to convert any type of printable documents to PDF files.
doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list and also in the list of All Programs.
With one click you can convert your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or your emails and favorite web sites to PDF files. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF.
It will ask you where to save PDF file and when finished, the PDF file will be automatically opened in your default PDF viewer (Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, Sumatra PDF, Nuance PDF Reader, etc.).
- Select and convert. Creating PDF files is as simple as selecting the file you want to convert and clicking a button that will start the actual conversion (you can also print to pdf via the virtual doPDF printer).
- 400+ document types supported. The principle is this, if a document type is printable, then doPDF can create a PDF file out of it. This is why you can convert documents such as: DOC, DOCX, DJVU, XLS, XLSX, XPS, PPT, PPTX, DOT, EML, VSD, PUB, PUBX, MPP, WPD, OpenOffice, DWG, HTML, TXT, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF and many others.
- No GhostScript or .NET. Doesn’t require 3rd party programs to make PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF printer programs.
- Consistent PDF look. To ensure that the resulting PDF file will look exactly as originally intended, doPDF embeds by default the font subsets used in the original document.
- Industry-standard PDF files. This app creates standard PDF files, meaning you will be able to open them with any free PDF reader (i.e. Adobe Reader, Foxit PDF Reader, Sumatra PDF Reader). Not only that but the content of the PDF file is searchable, meaning you can search for text within created PDF (search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
Using doPDF you can convert to PDF in two ways:
1. Print to PDF via the virtual printer driver. You would do this exactly as you print to a regular printer, just the result will be a PDF file, not a printed piece of paper.
2. Using the Startup window. The app has an executable file (accessible from the start program group) that you can run in order to start a conversion wizard.
Changes in doPDF 11.9.432 (19-October-2023):
- Updated: UI changes for the Printer Manager
- Fixed: Office Addin was not loaded in certain situations
Changes in doPDF 11.9.423 (11-Sept-2023):
- Fixed: Corrections for printing some PDF files
Changes in doPDF 11.8.404 (16-May-2023):
- Updated: Improved conversion for transparent patterns
- Fixed: Object streams correction
- Fixed: Paper forms management correction
Changes in doPDF 11.8.384 (24-March-2023):
- Added: Macro for server computer name
- Updated: Document printing management improved (reduced print queue timeouts)
- Fixed: Windows driver restrictions check for setup
- Fixed: Cancel jobs re-added by spooler after service restart
Changes in doPDF 11.7.374 (7-March-2023):
- Fixed: More UI language translation improvements
- Fixed: Conversion of large Excel documents
- Fixed: Tray app text inconsistencies
Changes in doPDF 11.7.371 (9-February-2023):
- Fixed: Several inconsistencies in UI translations
- Fixed: Conversion improvements from LibreOffice
Changes in version 11.7.367 (7-December-2022):
- Fixed: Read license errors on some systems
- Fixed: Check for updates issue on some restricted systems
Homepage – https://www.dopdf.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019