novaPDF is a PDF creator that allows you to easily create PDF files (that are searchable). With novaPDF, everyone from novice users to professionals can create high-quality documents in industry-standard PDF format. Simply select the “Print” command from virtually any application.
This PDF creator lets you add PDF bookmarks, insert PDF links, use it as shared network PDF printer. Also it lets you create public/private printing profiles, add PDF watermarks, reduce PDF file size, password protect PDF files. In addition, you will able to overlay and/or merge PDF files, convert to PDF any printable document and much more.
Using novaPDF you can create PDF files from virtually any application. Make novaPDF the default PDF printer driver and every time you print, a PDF file will be created.
novaPDF doesn’t require 3rd party programs such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. You can create PDF files (searchable PDF files) while maintaining the original layout of the document by embedding fonts and using different image resolutions. Or you can reduce the size of the PDF by using text/image compression.
novaPDF Key Features:
- Universality. Converts to PDF any type of printable documents (DOC, XLS, PPT, EML, HTML, TXT, PUB) into searchable PDF files.
- PDF Security. Can protect PDF files with password, to control whether the PDF can be viewed, printed, modified, copied or annotated. Supports 40-bit and 128-bit encryption levels. For example, you can protect the PDF so that readers cannot copy the text from it.
- PDF bookmarks. Detects headings in the original document and adds corresponding bookmarks in the generated PDF file.
- Merge PDF files. You can append or insert the content of the document being converted, to an existing PDF file.
- Shared network PDF printer. nova PDF Server can be installed on one computer in a network environment, and used by any computer in that network (supports also Terminal Servers and Remote Desktop Connections).
- PDF Overlay. This allows adding the content of the document currently being printed via novaPDF as the background or foreground of an existing PDF file, with options to customize the position of that added content.
- PDF Watermark. Using this PDF creator you can stamp a PDF with custom text or an image and apply transparency, rotation, opacity, color variation or other effects.
- Standalone. Does not require GhostScript or other 3rd party software to create PDF files so you can make PDF files right after you have novaPDF installed.
- PDF links support. Any visible text that starts with “https://”, “www”, “mailto:”, “ftp://” or “file://” in your original document you can be convert to clickable active PDF links if you choose so.
- Document information. Possibility to set the title, subject, author, keywords for the PDF.
- Support for TrueType and OpenType fonts. To ensure portability you can embed fonts in the PDF file.
- Private profiles. Define profiles for future use, each with its own settings for page size, resolution, fonts, compression, document info and save settings.
- Import/Export profiles. The printing profiles you can be export or import into different installations, so that you can easily transfer them from one computer to another.
- Multi-language support. The user interface is translated in more than 20 languages.
- Send PDF via email. You can be configure to send the generated PDF automatically via email.
- Reduce PDF file size. This PDF creator supports text and image compression, conversion and image downsampling.
novaPDF comes in three editions: Lite, Standard and Professional.
Professional Edition has all the features enabled, while novaPDF Lite and Standard have limited functionality.
Server editions work on Terminal Servers and as shared network printers while the Desktop editions don’t. While the Desktop and Server editions are priced the same, you cannot purchase less than 3 licenses for Server editions.
Changes in novaPDF 11.9.432 (19-October-2023):
- Added: Start menu shortcut for the Profile Manager tool
- Updated: UI changes for the Licenses list in Printer Manager
- Fixed: temp PDF generated for sending emails via Ouath and Outlook was not deleted
- Fixed: Office Addin was not loaded when app name contains a space character (novaPDF OEM)
Changes in novaPDF 11.9.423 (11-Sept-2023)
- Added: New option in the Permissions list in Add Printer functionality to disable duplex
- Fixed: Co-Branding tool correction for old ini files
- Fixed: Corrections for printing some PDF files
Changes in novaPDF 11.8.404 (16-May-2023):
- Updated: Improved conversion for transparent patterns
- Fixed: Object streams correction
- Fixed: Paper forms management correction
Changes in novaPDF 11.8.398 (20-April-2023):
- Updated: Reduced size of setup files
- Fixed: FTP options set when uploading files
- Fixed: Attach other files via Outlook emails error when folder was missing
- Fixed: Changes for the Microsoft Store app
Changes in novaPDF 11.8.384 (24-March-2023):
- Added: Save to Drafts and Open Outlook email option
- Added: Macro for server computer name
- Updated: Document printing management improved (reduced print queue timeouts)
- Fixed: Windows driver restrictions check for setup
- Fixed: Missing field when importing printers from novaPDF 10
- Fixed: Cancel jobs re-added by spooler after service restart
Homepage – https://www.novapdf.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista (32/64-bits);
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008R2
Size: 113 MB