EmEditor is a fast, lightweight, yet extensible, easy-to-use text editor for Windows. Both native 64-bit and 32-bit builds are available. Moreover, EmEditor uses various CPU optimizations such as multithreading and SIMD technology such as AVX-512 and AVX-2 to improve the speed of opening very large files, Find/Replace/Filter, parsing CSV, various Sort, Delete Duplicate Lines, and various other operations.
The text editor supports powerful macros, Unicode, and very large files. Emurasoft’s timeless mission is to achieve the clients’ needs and wants by listening to them with empathy and expertise. They value timely customer support, and are honored to have distinguished users, including major corporations, institutions of the European Union, ministries of Japan, and governments from all over the world.
EmEditor Text Editor Features:
- Syntax Highlighting
- Multiple Selection Editing
- Compare Documents
- Regular Expressions
Large File Support
- Easily handle files up to 16 TB
- Large File Controller
- Split/Combine Files
- Sort Optimized for Large Files
- Multithreaded Performance
- Customizable Interface
- Tabbed Design
- Quick Launch
- Workspace Memory
- Plug-in Support
- Powerful, Scriptable Macros
- Integration with External Tools
- Intuitive Outline Display
- Windows 10 Compatibility
- Unicode Support
- Portability Options
- Multiple Encoding Conversions
- Fast 64-bit build
- Nested CSV
- Filter Bar
- Tooltip to Show HTML/XML Character References
- Binary Editing
- Bracket/Quotation Mark Auto-Complete
- Drag and Drop
- Spell checker
- Clipboard History
- Quick Start
- Error Handler and Crash Recovery
- Messaging (plug-in)
- Wildcard Support
- Pin to List
- Save to Protected Folder
- Grab Text
- Matching Tag Highlight
- Find and Replace
- Batch Replace
- Status Window
- Full Screen View
EmEditor has won over 24 International awards, including the Shareware Industry Award in the Best Apps category. It has also earned Windows 10 certification from Microsoft.
EmEditor is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit builds. As you can see from the examples on right, the 64-bit build runs as much as 16% to 74% faster than the 32-bit build when dealing with very large files. If you use 64-bit Windows, the 64-bit build of EmEditor is absolutely recommended!
Changes in EmEditor 22.2:
- Ability to initiates a CSV detection in the beginning of opening a very large file
- Ability to check CSV syntax in the background
- Enhanced performance when dealing with very large files in low memory situations
- Improved crash reporting
- Improved CommitList plug-in
- Improved speed of various conversion and sort commands while working on a very large file
Changes in EmEditor 22.1:
- Ability to preview web pages with Microsoft Edge
- Improved CommitList plug-in
- Support of date formats without separators
- Improved speed of counting number of characters in a selection and copying strings
Changes in EmEditor 22.0.1:
- Worked around an issue where you couldn’t print only one specified page on Windows 11 Update (Version 22H2). For instance, printing while specifying page 3 in the Print dialog box actually printed page 1.
- Fixed a bug where the Fuzzy Matching Options menu item existed in the menu displayed when you clicked on the > button in the Find/Replace dialog box in EmEditor Free. The Fuzzy Matching Options is available only on EmEditor Professional.
- v22.0.0 always displays file extensions even if the Hide extensions for known file types option was turned on in File Explorer. This was reverted on v22.0.1.
- Supported Emoji sequences including the variation selector (VS15) for text style (U+FE0E).
- Fixed a pre-v22.0 issue where the Bulk Replace in CSV mode or multiple-selecitons might not have worked correctly.
- Fixed a pre-v22.0 issue where the last newline might not have been copied if the last line is empty in the CSV cell selection mode.
- Fixed a pre-v22.0 issue related to the Add Next Next Occurrence command while loading a very large file.
- The new version will not display the EmEditor Launch time when the EmEditor Quick Start option is turned on.
Homepage – https://www.emeditor.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019.
User interface languages: Czech, Dutch, English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Russian.
Size: 25.5 MB