It includes all of the common audio editing commands and effects, plus powerful built-in tools such as a batch processor and converter, a file merger, a CD reader, and audio restoration filters that are expensive add-ons in other programs.
Comprehensive, well designed, easy and fun to use, GoldWave offers the best value in audio editing software. It is ideal for people who work with audio for CD editing, archive restoration, speech analysis, radio and TV, Java and Web pages, games, or just for fun.
You can use it to make everything from elaborate answering machine messages to professional, high quality CD audio content. GoldWave allows to asign your own keystrokes for almost any function in the program. Arrange the windows, tool bars, effect bars, and controls the way you want. Create your own presets for effects. Add plug-ins for more functionality.
- Playing. Play all your favourite songs and view real-time visuals. Listen to the audio while fast-forwarding or rewinding. Change the playback speed.
- Recording. Record any source your computer supports, including microphone, line-in, and what-you-hear. Connect a turntable to record LPs, a cassette deck to record tapes, a receiver to record radio. Or connect a microphone to record your own music, speeches, or reports. Use the timer to start recording at a certain day and time.
- Editing. Edit audio with all the basic commands such as Cut, Copy, Paste, Trim, Replace, and Overwrite. GoldWave’s fast virtual editing means you can slice, dice, and merge large audio files in seconds.
- Mix and Crossfade songs together with just a few clicks. Whip together audio for podcasts, Flash animations, radio spots, PowerPoint presentations, or music for dance programs, figure skating, gymnastics, and aerobics.
- Effects. Process dozens of different audio effects. Adjust bass or treble with the Equalizer. Even out volume levels with Auto Gain. Easily fade in and out background music with Voice Over. Replace profanity with beeps or other sounds with Censor. Add echoes, reverbs, flangers, and much more. Preview effects real-time before processing them.
- Remastering. Remaster old vinyl or tape recordings. Use Noise Reduction and Pop/Click filters to clean up the audio and take out the buzz, hiss, crackle, and clicks. Use the Spectrum Filter for precise control over frequency and tone. Remove offsets and long silences.
- Analyze. Analyze audio with frequency and amplitude visuals. View spectrograms, bar graphs, waveforms, level meters, and other useful graphs. Isolate that high pitch whine or low rumble by sight, making filtering much easier. Analyze human speech, bird song, whale song, engine noise, and other interesting sounds.
- Tools. Includes a collection of powerful tools. Copy audio directly from an audio CD with the CD Reader tool. Join many files together with the File Merger tool. Generate your own sounds and effects using the Expression Evaluator tool. Chain together effects for faster processing or create new effects using the Effect Chain Editor tool.
- Batch. Process an unlimited number of files in many different formats. Use Batch Processing to process and convert your complete library of songs: match volume levels of different songs, boost the bass, trim leading and trailing silences, convert to MP3, and much more. Supports iTunes Plus, m4a, wav, wma, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox, FLAC, and even raw binary data.
- Configure. Very configurable. Assign your own keystrokes for almost any function in the program. Perfect for anyone with fast fingers or visual impairments. Arrange the windows, tool bars, effect bars, and controls the way you want. Change colours of the waveform and some of the visuals. Create your own presets for effects.
Changes in GoldWave 6.69 (2022-11-25):
- New drag-and-drop editing across files
- Increased vertical zoom range
- Resample command added to Batch Processing
- Updated FLAC plug-in
- Download button added to Language options
- Updated languages
- Several fixes and improvements
Changes in GoldWave 6.68 (2022-10-21):
- Logarithmic Y axis option in Spectrum visual
- Context menu for Playback Rate and Resample toolbar buttons
- Updated icons for Follow Playback
- Updated translations
- Realtime spectrum graph preview for Noise Reduction, Parametric Equalizer, and Spectrum Filter
- Several fixes and other improvements
Changes in GoldWave 6.66 (2022-09-28):
- Multiband Compressor effect
- Multi-Device Recorder tool
- Tempo setting in Time effect
- Snap to zero crossing selection setting in Batch Processing
- Blend At Marker in Batch Processing
- Several fixes and other improvements
Changes in GoldWave 6.65 (2022-05-17):
- Language updates
- Fixed Effect Chain Editor issues.
Changes in GoldWave 6.62 (2022-05-11):
- Default cue point colour setting
- Secondary Y axis setting
- Retained sizes of more resizable windows
- Several important fixes.
Changes in GoldWave 6.59 (2022-02-09):
- New Stripe visual
- Artwork support in Batch Processing
- Lockable toolbar
- Ctrl+Stop and F7 to pause effect previewing
- Increased maximum sampling rate to 768kHz
- Numerous fixes and other improvements
Homepage – https://www.goldwave.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
GoldWave 6 requires Windows 7 64 bit or later. It will not run or install on any 32 bit versions of Windows.
Size: 15.2 MB