Helium is a music manager that can rip, tag, play, browse, search, rename, burn and synchronize your music with a portable player. You can take control of your music collection.
Helium Music Manager can replace your ripper, player, tag editor and other audio related software. Also it is a music tagger, renamer, cataloguer, browser, playlist manager and report creator. It can catalogue, edit and play the most common music formats (MP3, Ogg, WMA, M4A, FLAC, APE and MPC) as well as standard Audio CDs.
Helium makes it easy to find your favorite music by searching for criteria such as Artist, Title, Genre, Rating etc. Avoid manual typing by downloading artist and title information from various sources on the Internet (CDDB, Amazon.com, AllMusic, Discogs to mention a few). Helium supports downloading of album pictures, artist pictures, track information, artist relations, biographies, discographies and lyrics.
Helium Music Manager Features:
- Import. Supports mp3, mp4, flac, ogg, wma and more as well as audio CDs, vinyl and tapes.
User with large collections will give support for Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL for improved performance.
- Tag. Add or correct missing or incorrect meta-data using the many tools available for tagging your files. Remove, switch, add or copy tag contents between files and fields using batch operations.
- Manage. Download album pictures, analyze quality and repair broken mp3 files.
Automatically rename files and create custom folder structures, convert files to different formats.
- Explore. Many different ways of browsing your music. Album and artist pictures as well as detailed listings. Easily filter your content, search for your favourites and create playlists.
- Play. Play music, scrobble to Last.fm, stream through Shoutcast. Display visual effects and enjoy automatic playback with built-in features.
- On-the-go. Synchronize to your iPod, Creative Zen or other portable music device, cell phone or netbook. Burn Audio or Data CDs, export playlists and create reports for printing.
- Download covers for your albums. Easily find your albums by browsing their album art. Helium has built-in facilities to quickly find and download album art.
- Driver updates: We’ve revamped PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite drivers for seamless data management.
- Updated visual components for a smoother experience.
- Updates to the Discogs and the iTunes plugin.
- We’ve fine-tuned playlist handling for optimal stability.
- Various fixes in the rename files tool.
- Fixes for renaming artists from various views.
- Corrections for smart playlists containing the BPM field.
- Experience a smoother simple search with various fixes.
- The query builder now uses your current user rating for precision.
- Overwriting settings in the filename to tag tool are now perfectly aligned and the tool stores the most recent used template.
- Corrected refreshes in the genre view
- Album overlays now update seamlessly when the release type changes.
Changes in Helium 16.4:
- Possibility to embed the right sidebar tabs into the Play queue (if docked into the right sidebar). This feature will allow you to see both the Play queue and any of the now playing tabs at the same time.
- Improved handling of possibly broken MPEG files. The File Analyser tool can now detect these files which are often caused by bad/long leading bytes.
- Improvements to importing of data from Media Monkey.
- Corrections to the CD-Ripper when requerying to rip anoter CD is invoked.
- Performance issues and some new logic for Optimize database.
- Component upgrades
- Corrections to drag and drop of tracks within a tracklist where tracks could gets removed from the list.
- Minor improvements when uding drag and drop from a track view to a playlist.
- Various user interface fixes for Smart playlists
- Optimizations when reading and updating files that are not in the library when working from the My computer view.
- Some minor performance improvements to the query builder used by smart playlists and the advanced search.
- Auto-calculate BPM is properly performed when using Apply to all in the Advanced tag editor.
- Some minor improvements to the light theme (better contrast)
- Improvements to reading of Ogg files.
- Updated database drivers for SQLite, MySql and PostgreSQL.
- Updated visual components.
Homepage – https://www.imploded.com/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
Size: 37.6 MB