Cakewalk by BandLab is FREE award-winning Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for the professional music recording, mixing, and mastering. From getting a great tone to releasing the final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments. Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings. Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools.
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools. Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more.
Dial up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the expandable ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
Cakewalk by BandLab leaves other DAWs in the dust with industry leading features. Edit and correct vocals like a pro with Melodyne Essential. Create the most realistic and authentic drums sounds with the full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
Get that epic, pro-sound that has defined the last 25 years of recording with the ProChannel. Now with the QuadCurve EQ Zoom and analyzer for the ultimate precision. Get that vintage analog sound with the new ProChannel Tape Emulator and the Console Emulator.
Cakewalk by BandLab Key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Mix with unlimited effects, sends and busses
- Move seamlessly across all your production tasks with Skylight Interface
- Record and mix with the end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Gobbler cloud saving and sharing
- Program beats using the Step Sequencer
- Play loops in real-time with the Matrix View
- Customize searing guitar tones with Overloud TH2 Producer amp sim
- Create modern, electronic dance sounds with Z3TA+ Classic
- Play and record with 23 instruments including Rapture and Dimension Pro
- Edit audio and MIDI, hassle free, with Smart Tool and Smart Grid
- Get full control of the timing and feel of your tracks with AudioSnap
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 10
- Get that epic, pro studio sound with the ergonomic ProChannel console strip
- ProChannel Console Emulator and new Tape Emulator for authentic vintage analog sound
- Add lush reverb with the versatile BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- Includes 8 ProChannel modules – expandable with additional modules (sold separately)
- Finalize and master your songs with high-quality Linear Phase plugins
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube
And it doesn’t stop there with a new mixing suite powered by the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes FX and BlueVerb, Tone2 BiFilter 2, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Acoustic Session, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and much more.
Cakewalk by BandLab now boasts a powerful new line up designed to meet the needs of any musician, regardless of skill level or budget. You always get the latest and greatest version no matter when you make your purchase. In addition, enjoy 12 months of rolling updates and keep everything you received – forever.
Bug Fixes in Update 1 (build 28.06.0.034)
- Audio Export presets not changing file type
- Extend Takes to Punch Out Time always reverts to loop End time when not loop comping
- Extend Takes to Punch Out Time / Comping Loop extend clip behavior should also work for MIDI clip recording
- Note Name Changes in Piano Roll view revert after clicking note
- Tracks are added in reverse order when moving to folder
- Process Effect plugin window requires minimum size
- Some users experiencing Activation Error 20
- Updated to latest Microsoft VC redistributables
- Hang when trying to sign in to BandLab
- Guard against crashes with toast notifications
- Crash if attempting to export to non-existing drive
- Prevent Cakewalk from attempting to export directly to a CD/DVD drive
- Export fails when path does not exist when format is not set to WAV
- Empty Export Folders not removed on app exit when exporting different file types or source categories
- Show prompt when export path is invalid
- Cakewalk External Controller API problem causing Cakewalk GUI to freeze
- External encoder presets not being picked up / stored properly
- Flushing during bounce occurs with plugins on buses that are not part of the signal chain
- Cakewalk should disable the options for Audio to MIDI conversion if Melodyne is not installed
- Muting Melodyne clip in take lanes causes clip to disappear
- Export Arranger sections not working properly when project has locked clips
- Resizing Arranger sections should be able to snap to other sections
- Committed arrangement off by 1 tick / losing first note
- Corrupt tempo map when CTRL+drag copy section with only one tempo present
- Tempo track wiped after drag copy section in user project
- Incorrect tempo at beginning of committed arrangement in user project
- WarnSilentBuses config setting should default to off
- Shelf tool does not work with multiple clips in the same lane
- Null pointer when trying to drag move range selection
- Unable to enter ‘+’ character for markers when using non-US keyboard
- Move To Folder context menu command moves tracks in incorrect order
- Track Folder echo button status incorrect when active track is an audio track
- Process > Length crops MIDI stream when < 100% and ignores the duration of Hairpin and Articulation Map events
- Automatically extend final take when loop recording in Comping mode.
- Option to automatically extend final take when punch recording.
- Mackie control surface improvements, including performance enhancements and optional Universal and Cubase emulation modes that can be used if your control surface does not provide a dedicated Cakewalk/SONAR mode.
- Option to open parent track folder when changing track focus.
- Key binding to render Region FX.
- Support for local help.
- Cakewalk will now install to ARM64 PCs running Windows 11 for ARM.
- In-app update improvements, including in-app download of optional content that was previously only available from either BandLab Assistant or the Cakewalk Web installer (Studio Instruments Suite, Drum Replacer, Melodyne trial, Theme Editor, and demo projects).
Homepage – https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 8.1 or higher (64-bit only)
- Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 3GB free disk space
- 1280×800 screen resolution
- ASIO compatible hardware is recommended
64-bit Mix Engine
The first to offer this precision audio technology, SONAR’s advanced 64-bit mix engine delivers clean, dynamic, accurate mixes every time.
Never worry about signal degradation again. You can always be sure your plug-ins are outputting the highest quality audio possible.
SONAR supports the most stable, accurate, and efficient plug-in format for Windows machines so you can use more FX and synths in your project.
Another industry first, SONAR’s compatibility with touch devices adds analog feel and workflow-enhancing efficiency.
Compatibility comes standard. We’re always on top of our game, ensuring support on all the most current Windows platforms.
Harness the power of Audio Random Access for seamless integration of powerful and modern editing tools.
Size: 66.2 MB