Cakewalk by BandLab is FREE award-winning Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for the professional music recording, mixing, and mastering. From getting a great tone to releasing the final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments. Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings. Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools.
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools. Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more.
Dial up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the expandable ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
Cakewalk by BandLab leaves other DAWs in the dust with industry leading features. Edit and correct vocals like a pro with Melodyne Essential. Create the most realistic and authentic drums sounds with the full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
Get that epic, pro-sound that has defined the last 25 years of recording with the ProChannel. Now with the QuadCurve EQ Zoom and analyzer for the ultimate precision. Get that vintage analog sound with the new ProChannel Tape Emulator and the Console Emulator.
Cakewalk by BandLab Key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Mix with unlimited effects, sends and busses
- Move seamlessly across all your production tasks with Skylight Interface
- Record and mix with the end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Gobbler cloud saving and sharing
- Program beats using the Step Sequencer
- Play loops in real-time with the Matrix View
- Customize searing guitar tones with Overloud TH2 Producer amp sim
- Create modern, electronic dance sounds with Z3TA+ Classic
- Play and record with 23 instruments including Rapture and Dimension Pro
- Edit audio and MIDI, hassle free, with Smart Tool and Smart Grid
- Get full control of the timing and feel of your tracks with AudioSnap
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 10
- Get that epic, pro studio sound with the ergonomic ProChannel console strip
- ProChannel Console Emulator and new Tape Emulator for authentic vintage analog sound
- Add lush reverb with the versatile BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- Includes 8 ProChannel modules – expandable with additional modules (sold separately)
- Finalize and master your songs with high-quality Linear Phase plugins
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube
And it doesn’t stop there with a new mixing suite powered by the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes FX and BlueVerb, Tone2 BiFilter 2, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Acoustic Session, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and much more.
Cakewalk by BandLab now boasts a powerful new line up designed to meet the needs of any musician, regardless of skill level or budget. You always get the latest and greatest version no matter when you make your purchase. In addition, enjoy 12 months of rolling updates and keep everything you received – forever.
Enhancements in Update 1 (build 28.11.0.021)
- Quick group support for track effect bin Delete command
- Delete All now available in effect bin menus
- Improved app startup and shutdown performance when running on local network without internet or with a slow internet connection
- Improved project load performance
- Show Clip Stretch amount to 2 decimal places
Bug Fixes in Update 1
- Crash when quick group bypassing FX Chains when other effects are in the bin
- Don’t require SHIFT for quick-group recursing FX Chains, if you’re invoking from an effect already within ProChannel FX Chain
- Quick group delete (CTRL+SHIFT) FX Chains across multiple tracks fails to remove the plugin instance in the other track FX chains
- Quick group replace/delete (CTRL+SHIFT) effect from track effects bin should also affect ProChannel FX chain
- Quick Group insert FX into ProChannel FX Rack inserts into track bin instead
- Additional support for quick grouping in FX Chains
- Incorrect plugin menu behavior
- ProChannel can be empty after inserting a new audio track
- Replace audio effect from track/bus effect bin context menu. Supports quick grouping to replace all instances of the same effect in all selected tracks/buses.
- Improved MIDI clip controller rendering. MIDI controller events are now drawn darker and behind note events in MIDI clips. You can also show/hide controller events by clicking the Track view View menu and selecting Display > Show MIDI Controller Events.
- Navigate to Arranger sections via context menu. You can right-click the Show/Hide Arranger Inspector button to access a list of all sections in the active Arranger track. This allows you to quickly navigate to sections without having to open the Arranger inspector.
- Some VST plugins can lead to stuck notes after playback stop. You can now optionally send a ‘Send All Notes Off’ message to all VST plugins on transport stop by enabling Send All-Notes-Off Messages on Stop in Edit > Preferences > File – VST Settings.
- Option to enable/disable MMCSS for ASIO drivers. Cakewalk excludes ASIO drivers from MMCSS mode by default, to avoid problems with certain devices. To enable MMCSS for ASIO drivers, select Enable MMCSS for ASIO Driver in Edit > Preferences > Audio – Playback and Recording.
- Performance improvement in WASAPI mode. When MMCSS is enabled, the main audio thread now runs in MMCSS mode when driver model is WASAPI. This should improve performance a bit when running onboard audio devices in WASAPI shared mode.
- Quick group support for track/bus effect bins, including Bypass, Delete Effect, and individual effect bypass.
- Performance module tooltip shows audio thread priority.
- Drag and drop of audio from track with patch point crashes
- Crash when trying to open project with incomplete event archive (audio events with no filename saved)
- Crash deleting instrument track with Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra
- Application can crash on load with certain track templates
- Crash when undoing the deletion of an aux track
- Loading a project while another one was open could result in incorrect tempo being displayed in tempo track
- Regression: Mono hardware outputs always output as stereo
- Tracks sourced from aux track L/R/S always show a stereo record meter when armed
- Second export of Mix Recall tasks has unexpected error
- Previous MIDI loop takes can be heard during comping and/or Auto Punch+Mute Previous Takes
- Overlapping Arranger sections when moving section with overwrite on empty project
- Opening a project that is already open causes the document modified state to be cleared and re-initializes the open project
- Bouncing with selected aux tracks alone doesn’t automatically include sources routed to the aux track, leading to silent output
- Now time should not be set during Arranger move/resize operations during playback
- Clip Map fails to draw correctly on AudioSnap clips
- Offset tempo map loses resolution
- Undo delete effect doesn’t restore MIDI Input enabled state
- Orphaned envelope cannot be reassigned after replacing effect
- Envelopes are orphaned after undoing track effect bin Delete Effect
- Regression: Track Inspector flickers and draws after the main app window is drawn when opening a project
- Browser collapsed state fails to persist when opening project
- Browser width not restored correctly after expanding
- Incorrect docked view order after project load
- Control Bar appears cut off when switching back from a new workspace
- MultiDock draws incorrectly, and views do not open after opening certain projects
- MultiDock not restored to maximized after expanding
Homepage – https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 8.1 or higher (64-bit only)
- Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 3GB free disk space
- 1280×800 screen resolution
- ASIO compatible hardware is recommended
64-bit Mix Engine
The first to offer this precision audio technology, SONAR’s advanced 64-bit mix engine delivers clean, dynamic, accurate mixes every time.
Never worry about signal degradation again. You can always be sure your plug-ins are outputting the highest quality audio possible.
SONAR supports the most stable, accurate, and efficient plug-in format for Windows machines so you can use more FX and synths in your project.
Another industry first, SONAR’s compatibility with touch devices adds analog feel and workflow-enhancing efficiency.
Compatibility comes standard. We’re always on top of our game, ensuring support on all the most current Windows platforms.
Harness the power of Audio Random Access for seamless integration of powerful and modern editing tools.
Size: 66.2 MB