Recuva is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from PC. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!
Recuva is a new file recovery tool that will unerase files that you have mistakenly deleted from your computer. It’s fast, small and will run from a USB drive.
It also supports most digital cameras card formats, so you can restore those images you accidentally deleted! Turn off any applications you don’t need, if you are trying to recover files from a media card, stop using that card immediately.
Ideally install Recuva before you need it, as just browsing the internet and downloading the installer creates a huge number of temporary files and any one of them could over write the file you are trying to recover. When you need it, just Scan the drive the file was on.
Features of Recuva:
Superior file recovery
Recovers pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type you’ve lost. And it can recover from any rewriteable media you have: memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks and more!
Recovery from damaged disks
Unlike most file recovery tools, Recuva can recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives. Greater flexibility means greater chance of recovery.
Deep scan for buried files
For those hard to find files, Recuva has an advanced deep scan mode that scours your drives to find any traces of files you have deleted.
Securely delete files
Sometimes you want a file gone for good. Recuva’s secure overwrite feature uses industry- and military-standard deletion techniques to make sure your files stay erased.
Changes in Recuva 1.53.2078 (11 Apr 2022):
- Small update. This change introduces some improvements to Recuva’s integration with our licensing platforms. This groundwork will allow us to work on changes that will provide a smoother license delivery experience in future.
Changes in Recuva 1.53.2074 (28 Mar 2022):
- Small update. This change introduces an additional control for basic product usage data reporting. This can be found in Recuva’s ‘Privacy’ tab.
Note: Any data regarding files that Recuva interacts with is processed locally on a user’s device and is not reported to us. For a full list of all data reported by our products, see our Products Policy.
Changes in Recuva 1.53.2065 (07 Mar 2022):
We’re pleased to announce that the latest version of Recuva has had a small update. This change introduces some basic product usage data reporting so we can understand which Recuva features are being used and which aren’t. This will allow us to decide how we develop Recuva and build features we think our users will like.
Basic product usage reporting, covering:
- Feature usage (click events, so we can see which features are used and not used)
- Inactive sessions (a ping will be sent back to our servers every 6 hours so we know if users have decided not to use Recuva anymore)
Changes in Recuva 1.53.1087 (08 Jun 2016):
- Improved Ext4 and Ext3 file system support.
- Improved Fat32 partition file scanning.
- Optimized Secure Overwrite on Windows 10.
- Enhanced drive and partition detection.
- Improved keyboard navigation.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 11.3 MB