Recuva, a freeware Windows utility from Piriform Software, allows users to restore files they accidentally delete from their PCs. Users can recover files that they have emptied from the Recycle bin, as well as images and other files they delete by mistake from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. Recuva even brings back files that bugs, crashes, and viruses have deleted!
Recuva is a new file recovery tool that will unerase files that you have mistakenly deleted from your computer. It’s fast, small and will run from a USB drive.
It also supports most digital cameras card formats, so you can restore those images you accidentally deleted! Turn off any applications you don’t need, if you are trying to recover files from a media card, stop using that card immediately.
Ideally install Recuva before you need it, as just browsing the internet and downloading the installer creates a huge number of temporary files and any one of them could over write the file you are trying to recover. When you need it, just Scan the drive the file was on.
Features of Recuva:
Superior file recovery
Recovers pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type you’ve lost. And it can recover from any rewriteable media you have: memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks and more!
Recovery from damaged disks
Unlike most file recovery tools, Recuva can recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives. Greater flexibility means greater chance of recovery.
Deep scan for buried files
For those hard to find files, Recuva has an advanced deep scan mode that scours your drives to find any traces of files you have deleted.
Securely delete files
Sometimes you want a file gone for good. Recuva’s secure overwrite feature uses industry- and military-standard deletion techniques to make sure your files stay erased.
Changes in Version 1.53.2096 (13 Jun 2023):
- Hotfix for version 1.53, addressing an issue that previously prevented Recuva from updating successfully.
Changes in Version 1.53.2095 (25 May 2023):
- Mminor performance improvements and bug fixes. This release fixes an issue where Version was incorrectly assigning an “Excellent” status to securely deleted files. Now, the condition of these files is correctly displayed as “unrecoverable.”
Changes in Version 1.53.2083(15 Jun 2022):
- This latest version has had a small update. This change introduces some improvements to app integration with our licensing platforms. This groundwork will allow us to work on changes that will provide a smoother license delivery experience in future.
Changes in Version 1.53.2078 (11 Apr 2022):
- Small update. This change introduces some improvements to app integration with our licensing platforms. This groundwork will allow us to work on changes that will provide a smoother license delivery experience in future.
Changes in Version 1.53.2074 (28 Mar 2022):
- Small update. This change introduces an additional control for basic product usage data reporting. This can be found in Recuva’s ‘Privacy’ tab.
Changes in Version 1.53.2065 (07 Mar 2022):
- Feature usage (click events, so we can see which features are used and not used)
- Inactive sessions (a ping will be sent back to our servers every 6 hours so we know if users have decided not to use Recuva anymore)
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 12.4 MB