Retrospect Backup provides complete protection for every major operating system, virtual environment, application, and email service – with backup, archive, and duplicate features built-in. It protects a single non-server Windows PC and up to five additional Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops and notebooks.
The software lets you deploy agents on every desktop and laptop to ensure complete protection across your entire infrastructure. Endpoint protection is frequently overlooked by small businesses. While your business might run on servers, your employees move the business forward on endpoints. It’s easy to take those desktops and laptops for granted, until something happens. Those endpoints need data insurance because lost work and downtime are too expensive to downplay or ignore.
Retrospect supports more than twenty cloud storage providers, all seamlessly integrated with zero-knowledge security and no lock-in. With AES-256 encryption in-transit and at-rest, only customers can access their backups, no matter where they store them. Retrospect can saturate any connection with multiple simultaneous backups or restores.
Backup scripts enable you to tailor a backup strategy that works best for your environment. Scripts are at the core of Retrospect. Every script includes a set of sources, destinations, filters, schedule, and options, allowing you to build detailed data protection strategies that are specific to your business.
The software can protect Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, and many others, or migrate from one to another with a couple clicks. The customers rave about their experiences with our excellent Support team, just a phone call or email away.
Retrospect Backup Features:
- Centralized Management. Retrospect’s high-level dashboard provides a high-level view of the entire state of your backup environment.
- Cross-Platform Support. Heterogeneous networks are protected using Retrospect’s native client software, ensuring perfect backups regardless of operating system.
- End-to-End Security. Retrospect supports a variety of encryption algorithms, including AES-256, for both at-rest and in-transit security options.
- Smart Incremental Backup. Intelligent incremental backups enable Retrospect to backup up only new or changed files.
- Smart Restore. Retrospect always restores exactly the files that belong on a volume; no unwanted files get restored and later require cleanup.
- Fit any Storage Budget. Grooming allows customers to stay protected with a long-term backup retention policy to ensure recovery from yesterday, last month, or five years ago, using storage that fits their budget.
Retrospect Backup Additional Features:
- Monitoring Tools. Retrospect integrates with the latest monitoring systems, including Nagios, Slack, and IFTTT.
- Data Deduplication. Retrospect maximizes storage usage by only copying unique files – even across multiple computers – to the backup media.
- Disaster Recovery. Boot media can be created for nearly every Windows system protected by Retrospect to provide fast recovery from a non-bootable state.
- Flexible Destination. Retrospect supports most types of magnetic media for backup, including hard disk drives, network-attached disk, cloud storage, flash media, and every major tape format.
- Powerful Filtering. To include or skip specific files, folders, and volumes, or to back up only specific data to cloud storage, Retrospect includes both built-in and user-definable selectors that filter data based on a multitude of conditions, including file names, dates, and types.
- Power Conservation. To reduce the overall power demands for backups, Retrospect awakens sleeping/stand-by mode computers to back them up and then allows them to return to their low-power state.
- Monitor on an iPhone. Use the free Retrospect iOS app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to keep tabs on backups over Wi-Fi or 3/4G.
What’s New – Retrospect Backup 18:
Enables users to set immutable retention periods and policies within Amazon S3, Wasabi, and Backblaze B2 and supports bucket-level object lock in Google Cloud Storage and Microsoft Azure.
Surfaces the wealth of data it can see into a broad set of reporting improvements to bring security to the forefront. Retrospect Backup now includes the same detailed backup report for Windows, Mac, Email, Export and the Management Console, ensuring a clear, consistent experience across each product.
Retrospect Management Console supports geo tracking with a worldwide map of all users, Retrospect Backup servers, and remote clients, down to the city.
Simple, Easy to use Monitoring
Monitor all backups and seamlessly implement a full system backup recovery for your entire environment.
Significantly Improved Ease of Use
Includes a completely redesigned first launch workflow. With just a single click, all sources and possible destinations can be viewed and added. IT can now also send a single download link for a 1-click install to the entire company/organization or specific individuals.
Cloud Data Protection
Companies use cloud storage for all sorts of data, from website assets to affordable sharing to ingestable data, and Retrospect Backup 18 includes support for cloud storage as a first-class backup volume. Cloud volumes enable businesses to protect their cloud content on-site with an incremental backup or on a different cloud with an automated policy-driven workflows.
Deployment and protection on Amazon S3, Google Cloud and now Microsoft Azure enables businesses to protect their cloud infrastructure with the same set of tools they use to protect their on-premise infrastructure, while lowering costs and optimizing bandwidth.
Homepage – https://www.retrospect.com/
Supported Operating Systems – Windows x64:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 11
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Microsoft Windows Server Core 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Microsoft Windows Server Essentials 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Windows SBS 2003, 2008, 2011
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003, 2008
Supported Operating Systems of macOS:
- Apple macOS Monterey / Monterey Server 12
- Apple macOS Big Sur / Big Sur Server 11
- Apple macOS Catalina / Catalina Server 10.15
- Apple macOS Mojave / Mojave Server 10.14
- Apple macOS High Sierra / High Sierra Server 10.13
- Apple macOS Sierra / Sierra Server 10.12
- Apple OS X El Capitan / El Capitan Server 10.11.6
- Apple OS X Yosemite / Yosemite Server 10.10.5
- Apple OS X Mavericks / Mavericks Server 10.9.5
- Apple OS X Mountain Lion / Mountain Lion Server 10.8.5
Supported Operating Systems for Linux x86 and x64
- CentOS 6.4, 6.5, 7, 7 Update 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 7 Update 3
- Debian 7.6, 8, 9
- Ubuntu Server 14.04, 15, 16, and 17
- SUSE 11 Enterprise Server 11 SP2 and SP3, 11.4, and 12.2
Size: 184 MB