Retrospect Backup provides complete protection for every major operating system, virtual environment, application, and email service – with backup, archive, and duplicate features built-in. It protects a single non-server Windows PC and up to five additional Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops and notebooks.
The software lets you deploy agents on every desktop and laptop to ensure complete protection across your entire infrastructure. Endpoint protection is frequently overlooked by small businesses. While your business might run on servers, your employees move the business forward on endpoints. It’s easy to take those desktops and laptops for granted, until something happens. Those endpoints need data insurance because lost work and downtime are too expensive to downplay or ignore.
Retrospect supports more than twenty cloud storage providers, all seamlessly integrated with zero-knowledge security and no lock-in. With AES-256 encryption in-transit and at-rest, only customers can access their backups, no matter where they store them. Retrospect can saturate any connection with multiple simultaneous backups or restores.
Backup scripts enable you to tailor a backup strategy that works best for your environment. Scripts are at the core of Retrospect. Every script includes a set of sources, destinations, filters, schedule, and options, allowing you to build detailed data protection strategies that are specific to your business.
The software can protect Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, and many others, or migrate from one to another with a couple clicks. The customers rave about their experiences with our excellent Support team, just a phone call or email away.
Retrospect Backup Features:
- Centralized Management. Retrospect’s high-level dashboard provides a high-level view of the entire state of your backup environment.
- Cross-Platform Support. Heterogeneous networks are protected using Retrospect’s native client software, ensuring perfect backups regardless of operating system.
- End-to-End Security. Retrospect supports a variety of encryption algorithms, including AES-256, for both at-rest and in-transit security options.
- Smart Incremental Backup. Intelligent incremental backups enable Retrospect to backup up only new or changed files.
- Smart Restore. Retrospect always restores exactly the files that belong on a volume; no unwanted files get restored and later require cleanup.
- Fit any Storage Budget. Grooming allows customers to stay protected with a long-term backup retention policy to ensure recovery from yesterday, last month, or five years ago, using storage that fits their budget.
Retrospect Backup Additional Features:
- Monitoring Tools. Retrospect integrates with the latest monitoring systems, including Nagios, Slack, and IFTTT.
- Data Deduplication. Retrospect maximizes storage usage by only copying unique files – even across multiple computers – to the backup media.
- Disaster Recovery. Boot media can be created for nearly every Windows system protected by Retrospect to provide fast recovery from a non-bootable state.
- Flexible Destination. Retrospect supports most types of magnetic media for backup, including hard disk drives, network-attached disk, cloud storage, flash media, and every major tape format.
- Powerful Filtering. To include or skip specific files, folders, and volumes, or to back up only specific data to cloud storage, Retrospect includes both built-in and user-definable selectors that filter data based on a multitude of conditions, including file names, dates, and types.
- Power Conservation. To reduce the overall power demands for backups, Retrospect awakens sleeping/stand-by mode computers to back them up and then allows them to return to their low-power state.
- Monitor on an iPhone. Use the free Retrospect iOS app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to keep tabs on backups over Wi-Fi or 3/4G.
What’s New – Retrospect Backup 19:
- New – Support for Retrospect Cloud Storage
- New – Backup Comparison for Anomaly Detection
- New – OS Compliance Monitoring through Retrospect Management Console
- New – Ransomware Protection: Flexible Immutable Retention Periods
- New – Cloud Backup: Microsoft Azure for Government
- New – Multi-Factor Authentication Option
- New – Configuration File Encryption Option
- New – Storage Groups: Subset Rebuild
- New – Recycle Script Option
- New – Suppport for LTO-9 Tapes
- Improved – Improved Performance for Cloud Backup using Multi-Part Upload
- Improved – 4+ GB File Support for Cloud Replication
- Improved – Back up the same local drive with multiple scripts simultaneously
- Improved – Duplicate/Copy the same local drive with multiple scripts simultaenously
- Improved – Anomaly Detection enabled by default
- Improved – Storage Groups: Groom scripts run simultaneously for all subsets
- Improved – Increase maximum execution units from 16 to 64
- Improved – Support: Export log/operation files with configuration files
- Fixed – Cloud Backup: Fixed issue where new member is incorrectly added during media request
- Fixed – Storage Groups: Fixed issue with backed up to members marked as lost
- Fixed – Cloud Backup: Fixed support for Backblaze’s Default Retention Policy
- Fixed – Subscriptoins: Fixed issue where expiration date not displayed in all cases
- Fixed – Rebuild: Fixed performance issue on cloud backup sets
- Fixed – Backup: Fixed issue where the last successful backup date not stored after recycle
- Fixed – Reporting: add “Immutable Until” for all backup reports
- Fixed – ProactiveAI: Fixed issue where policy paused while script being edited
- Fixed – ProactiveAI: Fixed issue where policy stops using all available execution units
- Fixed – Backup: Fixed remaining issues with DST and “error -2249 (could not find session)”
- Fixed – Logging: Better reporting for using cloud storage with default retention date and immutable backups
- Fixed – Storage Groups: Fixed issue with restore when selecting catalog for storage group rather than subset
- Fixed – Cloud Data Protection: Fixed issue where files in subvolume had unexpected modification date
- Fixed – Cloud Data Protection: Fixed UI issues with dates
- Fixed – Grooming: Fixed issue with grooming out files based on a selector
- Fixed – Cloud Data Protection: Fixed issue duplicating a zero-byte file
- Fixed – NAS Backup: Handle incorrect dates from some NAS volumes to enable matching unchanged files
- Fixed – Cloud Data Protection: Fixed issue with restoring certain files to cloud
- Fixed – Storage Groups: Fixed issue with adding a subset catalog without the main catalog
- Fixed – Scheduling: Fixed issue with day-of-the-week scheduling at 9:00am in certain time zones
- Fixed – SQL Backup: Fixed issue where database clients become unlicensed when busy
- Fixed – Anomaly Detection: Fixued issue where lost members can invoke error
- Fixed – Backup: Fixed issue with backing up data to sets with lost members
- Fixed – Scripts: Fixed issue with “Check Script” when source is a folder
- Fixed – Restore Preflight: Fixed issue with export missing some .rdb file names
- Fixed – Immutable Backups: Fixed issue with transfers from immutable set to local disk set
- Fixed – Transfer Backups: Fixed issue with DST and with recycling source set despite an execution error
- Fixed – Email Notifications: Fixed issue with Microsoft Office 365 for “Failed to read beginning of SSL/TLS record”
- Improved – Mac Client: New “Export Support Logs to Desktop” button in “System Preferences” > “Advanced”
- Improved – Windows Client: New “Export Support Logs to Desktop” button in “Advanced”
- Fixed – Mac Client: Fixed issue with log messages relating to macOS Ventura
- Fixed – Mac Client: Fixed issue where client treated Time Machine snapshots as regular volumes
- Fixed – Linux Client: Resolved issue running client alongside Docker
- Alert – Windows Client: EOL notice for 32-bit client version
Homepage – https://www.retrospect.com/
Supported Operating Systems – Windows x64:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 11
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Microsoft Windows Server Core 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Microsoft Windows Server Essentials 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Windows SBS 2003, 2008, 2011
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003, 2008
Supported Operating Systems of macOS:
- Apple macOS Monterey / Monterey Server 12
- Apple macOS Big Sur / Big Sur Server 11
- Apple macOS Catalina / Catalina Server 10.15
- Apple macOS Mojave / Mojave Server 10.14
- Apple macOS High Sierra / High Sierra Server 10.13
- Apple macOS Sierra / Sierra Server 10.12
- Apple OS X El Capitan / El Capitan Server 10.11.6
- Apple OS X Yosemite / Yosemite Server 10.10.5
- Apple OS X Mavericks / Mavericks Server 10.9.5
- Apple OS X Mountain Lion / Mountain Lion Server 10.8.5
Supported Operating Systems for Linux x86 and x64
- CentOS 6.4, 6.5, 7, 7 Update 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 7 Update 3
- Debian 7.6, 8, 9
- Ubuntu Server 14.04, 15, 16, and 17
- SUSE 11 Enterprise Server 11 SP2 and SP3, 11.4, and 12.2
Size: 130 MB