PDFCreator is a free PDF converter tool that allows you to create a PDF file (Portable Document Format) from any Windows program.
If you can print your document, you can convert it to PDF with PDFCreator. And not only PDF, you can convert the document to other popular formats as well, like PNG, JPEG and TIF.
Creating PDF files with PDFCreator is easy. It works as a virtual printer and can convert anything to PDF that you can print. Simply print your document to the PDFCreator printer to start the conversion.
PDFCreator transforms the generic printer commands generated by programs into PDF commands and stores them in a PDF file. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application.
The program converts every printable document to PDF and many other formats.
- Convert your Documents to PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF and more
- Merge multiple documents to one file
- Profiles make frequently used settings available with one click
- Use automatic saving to have a fully automated PDF printer
Professional Edition features allow you to control and secure your output to achieve the results you desire.
- Compress and resize images to reduce the file size
- Encrypt your PDFs with AES and protect them with a password
- Prevent unauthorized access to your PDFs by changing the security settings
- Use the COM interface to control the program from your application
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Send generated files via eMail
- Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- Create PDF/A files for long term archives
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: the program also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
PDFCreator Plus does not contain advertisements during the setup. This results in a faster installation and a smaller download size.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.1.2:
- Thanks to our translation community, we have been able to add a few new and updated languages.
- The setup displays all languages that are available for the application, even if the setup itself is not translated to this language.
- PDFCreator Terminal Server: The licensing service did not start properly since PDFCreator 4.1.0.
- PDFCreator Terminal Server: It was not possible to select a local user for the license service.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: Hotfolder and Images2Pdf desktop shortcuts were created, although shortcuts were disabled.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: The creation of PDF/A with grayscale was broken. Temporarily this is fixed by using a RGB ICC profile.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: The ReadMe file on how to build the x86 MSI file, is now an executable batch file.
- Update from 07/30/2020: We fixed the COM interface with PDFCreator 4.1.2.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.1.0:
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: This release introduces a new action to forward the print job to another profile – e.g. to convert to additional formats or multiply actions.
- In addition to backgrounds, it is now possible to add watermarks – both with variable opacity.
- When adding a background or watermark, the original size can be kept by disabling fit to page.
- E-mails sent with PDFCreator can now have additional attachments.
- Uploading to a FTP server is now possible via SFTP.
- There is a new command line parameter which installs missing printers to sync settings and printers.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: The user is informed about an impending license expiration and can activate a reminder.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: It is now possible to deactivate the workflow overview via the group policy management.
- PDFCreator Professional, PDFCreator Terminal Server: Under certain conditions, entering the license key in the setup could result in a crash or close the setup screen immediately.
- The print action was not working.
- Under certain conditions uploading files via FTP to an empty folder could fail.
- A desktop shortcut was created even though it was deselected during the setup.
- Downloading an update was occasionally giving an error.
- In 2021 we will drop official support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. We do not prohibit the installation and it is very likely it will continue to work, but the releases will not be tested under these operating systems.
- The new setup (that we introduced with PDFCreator 4.0.0) now supports commmand line parameters. Please give us feedback, if you require any other parameter from our legacy setup.
- The COM examples were updated and improved.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.0.2:
- PDFCreator now uses Ghostscript 9.50
- Fixed an error that could occur when dragging unknown file types to PDFCreator
- Fixed cut off content when printing to paper
- Fixed an error that occured when stamping with other modifications, e.g. adding a cover or attachment
- If Dropbox share links are placed in an e-mail, but the Dropbox action was placed after sending the mail, PDFCreator now attaches the files
- Some temporary setup files were not removed
Changes in PDFCreator 4.0:
- Option to sort print jobs in the merge window by date, ID or alphabetically
- PDFCreator can now send the whole document to the printer, including added backgrounds or a visible signatures
- Allow to “Convert Here” and “Merge” from the context menu
- Adding backgrounds is now available for all output formats
- Fixed bug in merge window when trying to drag and drop a new file into the pint jobs list.
- Remove the Bug that caused the application to crash when a broken font was loaded. The Bug occurred while selecting a font for the stamping action.
- Files saved from the COM interface were sometimes saved generating a distinct filename, if the target file already existed. PDFCreator now writes exactly to the specified location.
- Fixed converting files, when the filename ended with a space or a dot
- Fixed error in merge all function when merge window was open before
- PDFCreator now has a workflow editor to define the order of actions while converting documents
- New PDFCreator edition PDFCreator Professional, which is the successor of PDFCreator Business and PDFCreator Plus
- For easier understanding, the “script” action was renamed to “run program”
- Printer drivers are signed with the current pdfforge certificate.
- PDFCreator now uses and requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
Changes in PDFCreator 3.5.1:
- PDFCreator Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server: Fix setting passwords if print dialog is skipped
- The lost printer mapping is recovered
- “Save” is the preselected button in the print job window to proceed immediately by pressing enter
- After editing profiles, the print job window sets the last edited profile
- Fixed navigation to profiles tab from “Edit” in the print job window
- Fix an error that could happen when printing a lot of files from the context menu
- Fix “Don’t show quick Actions until the next update” which sometimes wasn’t applied
Homepage – https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 33.7 MB