PDFCreator is a free PDF converter tool that allows you to create a PDF file (Portable Document Format) from any Windows program.
If you can print your document, you can convert it to PDF with PDFCreator. And not only PDF, you can convert the document to other popular formats as well, like PNG, JPEG and TIF.
Creating PDF files with PDFCreator is easy. It works as a virtual printer and can convert anything to PDF that you can print. Simply print your document to the PDFCreator printer to start the conversion.
PDFCreator transforms the generic printer commands generated by programs into PDF commands and stores them in a PDF file. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application.
The program converts every printable document to PDF and many other formats.
- Convert your Documents to PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF and more
- Merge multiple documents to one file
- Profiles make frequently used settings available with one click
- Use automatic saving to have a fully automated PDF printer
Professional Edition features allow you to control and secure your output to achieve the results you desire.
- Compress and resize images to reduce the file size
- Encrypt your PDFs with AES and protect them with a password
- Prevent unauthorized access to your PDFs by changing the security settings
- Use the COM interface to control the program from your application
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Send generated files via eMail
- Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- Create PDF/A files for long term archives
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: the program also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
PDFCreator Plus does not contain advertisements during the setup. This results in a faster installation and a smaller download size.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.4.0:
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server inherit the CS Script action from PDFCreator Server, which allows to integrate own C# scripts with access to the entire job data.
- PDFCreator now has a standby mode that significantly improves performance.
- New lightweight command line application (PDFCreator-cli.exe) that takes over the command line functionality of PDFCreator.
- Multiple documents for cover, attachment or additional attachments in mail actions can now be sorted via drag & drop.
- A test e-mail in the e-mail or SMTP action now uses the specified attachment files instead of dummy files.
- New action to automatically generate page numbers.
- The HTTP action supports tokens in the upload URL.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: During uninstallation the license was not revoked.
- Under certain circumstances, deleted profiles were still shown in the profile list until re-opening the profiles tab.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.3.0:
- Please check for the new e-mail format setting, when using the COM-interface for sending HTML formatted e-mails via SMTP.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: When e-mailing via SMTP, it is now possible to send the e-mail on behalf of someone else and to define the display name and reply to address.
- The workflow editor view has been further improved with immediate and better visibility of incorrect settings.
- The print action now has the option to fit the document to the page size of the printer.
- New option to proceed with further send actions if one of them fails.
- It is now possible to save settings with removed passwords, which makes it easier to share settings for a support case.
- The e-mail quick action now uses default HTML setting of the client.
- New warning about circular dependencies when selecting another PDFCreator printer in the print action.
- HotFolder could sometimes use the wrong PDFCreator profile to convert files.
- HotFolder did not consider shared settings.
- The “forward to profile” action may have failed with an UnauthorizedAccessException.
- Opening the signature settings always selected the first time server account instead of the originally selected.
- The /Profile parameter did not work for files that have to be printed.
- The token was not always replaced.
- For the special condition that the filename contained a whitespace in the 23rd position, the conversion of PDF files via drag & drop failed.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.2.0:
- PDFCreator 4.2.0 includes our newest PDF viewer and editor: PDF Architect 8.
- The workflow editor view has been improved for a better overview and usability. Therefore the classic tab view of the profile settings was removed.
- A new small wizard guides users through creating profiles.
- The COM interface has been extended and allows better control over the execution order of actions.
- It is now possible to add multiple files as cover pages or as attachment pages.
- The setup now supports keyboard shortcuts.
- HotFolder now uses PDFCreator’s direct conversion to convert PDF and PS files.
- When restoring settings or loading from an ini file the updated application settings were not immediately displayed.
- User tokens were not applied when switching between profiles on the print job screen.
- Merging pdf or ps files via commandline parameter opened the merge window instead of merging the files instantly.
- The setup lost the current PDFCreator language preference during updates.
- A script error occurred while adding a Dropbox account.
- The setup window could not be moved while an overlay is active.
Homepage – https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 38.8 MB