PDFCreator is a free PDF converter tool that allows you to create a PDF file (Portable Document Format) from any Windows program.
If you can print your document, you can convert it to PDF with PDFCreator. And not only PDF, you can convert the document to other popular formats as well, like PNG, JPEG and TIF.
Creating PDF files with PDFCreator is easy. It works as a virtual printer and can convert anything to PDF that you can print. Simply print your document to the PDFCreator printer to start the conversion.
PDFCreator transforms the generic printer commands generated by programs into PDF commands and stores them in a PDF file. Use it like a printer in Word, StarCalc or any other Windows application.
The program converts every printable document to PDF and many other formats.
- Convert your Documents to PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF and more
- Merge multiple documents to one file
- Profiles make frequently used settings available with one click
- Use automatic saving to have a fully automated PDF printer
Professional Edition features allow you to control and secure your output to achieve the results you desire.
- Compress and resize images to reduce the file size
- Encrypt your PDFs with AES and protect them with a password
- Prevent unauthorized access to your PDFs by changing the security settings
- Use the COM interface to control the program from your application
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Send generated files via eMail
- Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- Create PDF/A files for long term archives
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: the program also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
PDFCreator Plus does not contain advertisements during the setup. This results in a faster installation and a smaller download size.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.3.0:
- Please check for the new e-mail format setting, when using the COM-interface for sending HTML formatted e-mails via SMTP.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: When e-mailing via SMTP, it is now possible to send the e-mail on behalf of someone else and to define the display name and reply to address.
- The workflow editor view has been further improved with immediate and better visibility of incorrect settings.
- The print action now has the option to fit the document to the page size of the printer.
- New option to proceed with further send actions if one of them fails.
- It is now possible to save settings with removed passwords, which makes it easier to share settings for a support case.
- The e-mail quick action now uses default HTML setting of the client.
- New warning about circular dependencies when selecting another PDFCreator printer in the print action.
- HotFolder could sometimes use the wrong PDFCreator profile to convert files.
- HotFolder did not consider shared settings.
- The “forward to profile” action may have failed with an UnauthorizedAccessException.
- Opening the signature settings always selected the first time server account instead of the originally selected.
- The /Profile parameter did not work for files that have to be printed.
- The <OutputFilenames> token was not always replaced.
- For the special condition that the filename contained a whitespace in the 23rd position, the conversion of PDF files via drag & drop failed.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.2.0:
- PDFCreator 4.2.0 includes our newest PDF viewer and editor: PDF Architect 8.
- The workflow editor view has been improved for a better overview and usability. Therefore the classic tab view of the profile settings was removed.
- A new small wizard guides users through creating profiles.
- The COM interface has been extended and allows better control over the execution order of actions.
- It is now possible to add multiple files as cover pages or as attachment pages.
- The setup now supports keyboard shortcuts.
- HotFolder now uses PDFCreator’s direct conversion to convert PDF and PS files.
- When restoring settings or loading from an ini file the updated application settings were not immediately displayed.
- User tokens were not applied when switching between profiles on the print job screen.
- Merging pdf or ps files via commandline parameter opened the merge window instead of merging the files instantly.
- The setup lost the current PDFCreator language preference during updates.
- A script error occurred while adding a Dropbox account.
- The setup window could not be moved while an overlay is active.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.1.2:
- Thanks to our translation community, we have been able to add a few new and updated languages.
- The setup displays all languages that are available for the application, even if the setup itself is not translated to this language.
- PDFCreator Terminal Server: The licensing service did not start properly since PDFCreator 4.1.0.
- PDFCreator Terminal Server: It was not possible to select a local user for the license service.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: Hotfolder and Images2Pdf desktop shortcuts were created, although shortcuts were disabled.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: The creation of PDF/A with grayscale was broken. Temporarily this is fixed by using a RGB ICC profile.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: The ReadMe file on how to build the x86 MSI file, is now an executable batch file.
- Update from 07/30/2020: We fixed the COM interface with PDFCreator 4.1.2.
Changes in PDFCreator 4.1.0:
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: This release introduces a new action to forward the print job to another profile – e.g. to convert to additional formats or multiply actions.
- In addition to backgrounds, it is now possible to add watermarks – both with variable opacity.
- When adding a background or watermark, the original size can be kept by disabling fit to page.
- E-mails sent with PDFCreator can now have additional attachments.
- Uploading to a FTP server is now possible via SFTP.
- There is a new command line parameter which installs missing printers to sync settings and printers.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: The user is informed about an impending license expiration and can activate a reminder.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: It is now possible to deactivate the workflow overview via the group policy management.
- PDFCreator Professional, PDFCreator Terminal Server: Under certain conditions, entering the license key in the setup could result in a crash or close the setup screen immediately.
- The print action was not working.
- Under certain conditions uploading files via FTP to an empty folder could fail.
- A desktop shortcut was created even though it was deselected during the setup.
- Downloading an update was occasionally giving an error.
- In 2021 we will drop official support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. We do not prohibit the installation and it is very likely it will continue to work, but the releases will not be tested under these operating systems.
- The new setup (that we introduced with PDFCreator 4.0.0) now supports commmand line parameters. Please give us feedback, if you require any other parameter from our legacy setup.
- The COM examples were updated and improved.
Homepage – https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 34.7 MB