FontExpert 2021 Font Manager enables you to preview and manage both installed and uninstalled typefaces, plus examine your system for font errors. You can display the list of installed font faces, customizable font samples and advanced font properties. The program allows you to print different types of reports, and offers many printing options.
FontExpert 2021 lets you explore folders and preview uninstalled fonts located on your compact disks or DVDs, local disks, removable disks or network drives. You can preview the font as a paragraph of text or as a detailed character map. It is easy to choose the desired font size, font style or color.
FontExpert 2021 automatically detects corrupted and incomplete fonts, and allows you to search for and manage duplicate fonts. It is easy to manage any typefaces that are shown in any view of the program. You can sort, filter, preview fonts, copy, move, delete font files, activate or deactivate fonts, add or link fonts to font groups (sets).
FontExpert can control fonts located in the Windows Fonts and Psfonts folder (used by Adobe Type Manager). So you don’t need to remove fonts from standard folders as some font managers require.
FontExpert 2021 Other Features:
- View and Preview Fonts
FontExpert displays the list of all installed typefaces and lets you explore folders and preview uninstalled fonts located on your compact disks or DVDs, local disks, removable disks or network drives. You can preview the font as a paragraph of text or as a detailed character map. It is easy to choose the desired font size, font style or color.
- Assign Keywords, Ratings and Categories to Fonts
Assign keywords, categories, ratings and captions in new Tags view.
- Search in Database
Search for fonts in the database by keywords, ratings and categories in new DB Search view.
- Search for Fonts on Local Discs and Network Drives
FontExpert can search your local disks, CDs or DVDs, network drives for fonts, and put all fonts to a special list for your further work.
- Search for Duplicates and Corrupted Fonts
FontExpert automatically detects corrupted and incomplete fonts, and allows you to search for and manage duplicate fonts.
- Manage Fonts
You can sort, filter, preview fonts, copy, move, delete font files, activate or deactivate fonts, add or link fonts to font groups (sets).
- Create Font Library
FontExpert imports fonts and creates font library. You can keep your fonts organized in groups (sets), and activate or deactivate font sets. A group may include either the font file, or a link to a file located in any folder on your computer or network drive. It is easy to add fonts or links by drag-and-dropping from the Windows Explorer to the Groups view.
- Print Fonts
FontExpert can print selected fonts. It is easy to print character map, “water flow” or face name reports for selected fonts, either installed or uninstalled. You can customize and format page headers and footers as desired, for example, by adding the name of your company.
- View Advanced Font Properties
The program displays detailed information about the selected font, including type foundry or copyright, TrueType tables, number of kerning pairs in a font, Panose attributes, Windows font metrics and more.
- Examine your System for Font Errors
With the help of Detect Font Problems feature, it is easy to find errors in installed fonts and to optimize Windows by resolving typeface conflicts and by removing records about missing fonts.
- Export Fonts to HTML Web Album
FontExpert can create HTML Web Album from selected fonts. You can create GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, and BMP images of selected font faces. See the sample of HTML page created by FontExpert.
- Automatic Activation of Missing Fonts
FontExpert includes Missing Fonts Loader plug-in for Adobe InDesign, and for Adobe Illustrator.
- Windows Shell Extensions
The program adds Open, Print and Install Font custom menu commands to Windows Explorer context menu. And adds custom property page that displays detailed attributes of selected .ttf or .otf file. FontExpert adds font management capabilities to the shell so it is easy to activate or print any font in a folder you browse in Windows Explorer.
Changes in FontExpert 2021 version 18.0 Release 4 (June 9, 2021):
- Child folders within My Collections are synchronized and mirrored to Groups as members of tree structure (with parent folders)
- Save and restore expanded folders within My Collections and Groups
- Added support to Ctrl+A short cut within font sample text edit boxes
- Fixed issue in the Main view which caused rarely appearing crashes while drawing font thumbnails
Changes in FontExpert 2021 version 18.0 Release 3 (February 13, 2021):
- New: Synchronization options for My Collections folders – Synchronize Periodically and Mirror to Group
Changes in FontExpert 2021 version 18.0 Release 2 (December 27, 2020):
- Edit Font Properties window – the Registered trademark symbol was incorrectly encoded for Macintosh platform name table.
- Detect Font Problems window – сhanges in the window were not reflected until the program was restarted.
Changes in FontExpert 2021 version 18.0 Release 1 (December 12, 2020):
- Support to activation of My Collections folders.
- Displaying My Collections states: Activated, Installed, Partially Activated, Inactive.
- Support to automatic activation and synchronization of My Collections on application launch.
- My Collections Properties dialog that allows to configure My Collection folders.
- Better detection and resolution of font conflicts when fonts are activated or installed.
- Plug-in searched for fonts in Library and Groups only. Now it searches also in My Collections, including network folders.
- The German translation has been completely reworked.
- Other enhancements.
- Fixed: Fonts in network folders are now included in search results (in previous version only local fonts were included in search results).
- Fixed: Plug-in searched for fonts in Library and Groups only. Now it searches also in My Collections, including network folders.
- Other fixes.
Changes in FontExpert 2020 version 17.0 Release 1 (February 24, 2020):
- Text output with ligatures in the Main view, Text Sample view, and Waterfall view.
- Ligatures, Kerning, view Options buttons on toolbars in views.
- Copy, move Library and database to a custom folder;
- Attach Library and database from the custom folder.
- The default location of Library is now the application data root folder defined in options.
- Backup now supports more than 65536 files and folders within backup ZIP.
- Waterfall view: text output at small sizes (10pt, 12pt) and text clipping has been enhanced; added options to change sample text.
- Unicode character names in Characters Table view.
- Activation buttons (install, activate temporarily, uninstall) has been moved to the center of the main toolbar for easier access.
- The default shortcuts has been defined for Add to Groups… and Add to library… commands (Ctrl+G, Ctrl+L).
- Fixed: Occasional crashes after updating group states.
- Fixed: option for the item color in the Main view changed the color of the information text.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
Changes in FontExpert 2019 Version 16.0 Release 4 (November 3, 2019):
- Tools/Customize… window that allows user to assign keyboard short cuts to all menu commands and to customize buttons on toolbars.
- Font installation enhancements.
Changes in FontExpert 2019 Version 16.0 Release 3 (March 31, 2019):
- Compare Fonts
- Compare Glyphs
- New option: Library and database folder.
- New file format of the worklist (.fwl)
- Groups new commands: Save as Worklist, Save as Zip, Save as Folders.
- Font installation enhancements.
Size: 13.1 MB