Adobe Illustrator 2024 software is the industry standard vector-drawing environment for designing across media. Express your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography.
Adobe Illustrator 2024 works with speed and stability on large, complex files, and move designs efficiently among Adobe’s creative applications. Familiar tasks are now streamlined, from inline editing of layer names to precise color sampling.
This Adobe software includes the Adobe Mercury Performance System, with native 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows to power such tasks as opening, saving, and exporting large files and previewing elaborate designs.
The Touch Type tool of Adobe Illustrator 2024 gives you even more control over type: Move, scale, and rotate individual characters knowing you can change the font or copy at any time.
Adobe Illustrator 2024 works with type in more powerful ways. Place multiple files at once with full control, and create with a brush made from a photo. Design more easily for the web knowing you can quickly copy and paste automatically generated CSS code. Enjoy a new level of creativity with type. Individual characters now act like distinct objects. Move, scale, and rotate text characters, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And use your favorite mouse, stylus, or multitouch device.
Adobe Illustrator Features:
- Touch Type tool. Design with type in a powerful new way. Characters you can now manipulate like individual objects. Experiment with moving, scaling, and rotating, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And you can now use multitouch devices as well as a mouse or stylus.
- Images in brushes. Paint with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can create complex organic designs quickly – with simple brush strokes.
- Font search. Find the perfect font – fast. In the Character panel, type a style such as “bold” or “italic,” a font family, or any other part of a font name.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- CSS extraction. Hand-coding web elements such as icons and patterns can be frustrating. Now, create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you, even for a complete logo that includes gradients. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Sync Colors. Capture color themes out in the world with the Adobe Kuler iPhone app. Share your themes and explore thousands of others available on the Kuler website.
- Area and point type conversion. Instantly switch between area type and point type. Text object conversion is now instantaneous so you can design freely in your text layouts. And you can work just as easily with imported type, switching formats at any time.
- Behance Integration. Save work directly from Adobe Illustrator to Behance to showcase finished projects or share a work in progress. As you perfect your work and upload new versions, get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- File packaging. File packaging automatically gathers and saves the necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report into a single folder. Efficiently hand off Illustrator files to production or keep your working files organized by packaging up your project.
- Unembedded images. Easily unembed images that have been placed and embedded in an Adobe Illustrator file. You can quickly make images available for editing or extract files embedded in artwork you received from someone else.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools. Create compelling vector graphics for print, web, mobile, and video. With precise shape-building tools, painterly brushes, and advanced path controls, you can experiment freely with intricate shapes, complex effects, and elegant typography.
- Mercury Performance System. Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. With native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows, the Adobe Mercury Performance System lets you access all your RAM to easily open, save, and export large files and preview intricate designs.
- Multiple artboards. Organize and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes, overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
- Gradients and transparency. Interact with gradients directly on objects, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colors, and adjusting opacity. Apply gradients to strokes – along the length, across the width, or within the stroke itself.
- Variable-width strokes. Draw strokes with variable widths, quickly and smoothly adjusting at any point. Create and save width profiles and apply them to any stroke, or use variable-width presets.
- Crisp graphics for web and mobile. Create and align vector objects precisely on your document’s pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for precise control over individual text frames.
- Image Trace. Convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine that provides exceptional control over colors and shapes. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable results using simple, intuitive options.
- Pattern creation. Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different kinds of repeating vector patterns that you can edit at any time for maximum design flexibility.
- Create vectors using Text to Vector Graphic (beta). Quickly generate editable vector graphics with simple text prompts using the power of generative AI.
- Apply vector art to an image using Mockup (beta). Add vector art to a 2D raster object, and the vector art auto-adjusts onto the object obeying its geometry.
- Edit static text within images using Retype (beta). Identify the fonts of static text used in raster images and outlined text to edit them as live text.
- Simplify paths using the Smooth slider. Control the smoothness of paths using a slider.
- Create shareable links to PDF files using Share for review. Create links to PDF files directly to solicit feedback.
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2023 27.9:
- Recolor vector artwork with ease using Generative Recolor. Quickly transform the colors in vector artwork with simple text prompts.
- Accelerate creative workflows using Contextual Task Bar. Find the most relevant next actions directly on the canvas with one-click access.
- Receive local fonts as suggestions when using Retype (Beta). Get matching fonts from the computer for the text within images and outlined text.
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2023 27.8.1:
- Gather feedback on specific artboards. Share individual artboards or a range of them for review and collect feedback.
- Improvements to accessibility (macOS only). VoiceOver announces tool names when using their keyboard shortcuts, and more.
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2023 27.7.0:
- Search and filter layers with more control. Apply multiple filters at once for searching specific layers
- Explore a user-friendly toolbar with enhanced accessibility. Screen readers can read the tool names in the toolbar drawer.
- Revisit reviewers’ comments with ease. Mark reviewers’ comments as unread to visit them later.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 and Windows 10 (64-bit) versions 21H1, and 20H2.
- Windows Server versions 1607 (2016) and 1809 (2019).
- macOS 12.0 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Size: 1.16 GB