Adobe Illustrator 2022 software is the industry standard vector-drawing environment for designing across media. Express your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography.
Adobe Illustrator 2022 works with speed and stability on large, complex files, and move designs efficiently among Adobe’s creative applications. Familiar tasks are now streamlined, from inline editing of layer names to precise color sampling.
This Adobe software includes the Adobe Mercury Performance System, with native 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows to power such tasks as opening, saving, and exporting large files and previewing elaborate designs.
The Touch Type tool of Adobe Illustrator 2022 gives you even more control over type: Move, scale, and rotate individual characters knowing you can change the font or copy at any time.
Adobe Illustrator 2022 works with type in more powerful ways. Place multiple files at once with full control, and create with a brush made from a photo. Design more easily for the web knowing you can quickly copy and paste automatically generated CSS code. Enjoy a new level of creativity with type. Individual characters now act like distinct objects. Move, scale, and rotate text characters, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And use your favorite mouse, stylus, or multitouch device.
Adobe Illustrator 2022 Features:
- Touch Type tool. Design with type in a powerful new way. Characters can now be manipulated like individual objects. Experiment with moving, scaling, and rotating, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And you can now use multitouch devices as well as a mouse or stylus.
- Images in brushes. Paint with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can create complex organic designs quickly – with simple brush strokes.
- Font search. Find the perfect font – fast. In the Character panel, type a style such as “bold” or “italic,” a font family, or any other part of a font name.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- CSS extraction. Hand-coding web elements such as icons and patterns can be frustrating. Now, create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you, even for a complete logo that includes gradients. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Sync Colors. Capture color themes out in the world with the Adobe Kuler iPhone app. Share your themes and explore thousands of others available on the Kuler website.
- Area and point type conversion. Instantly switch between area type and point type. Text object conversion is now instantaneous so you can design freely in your text layouts. And you can work just as easily with imported type, switching formats at any time.
- Behance Integration. Save work directly from Adobe Illustrator to Behance to showcase finished projects or share a work in progress. As you perfect your work and upload new versions, get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- File packaging. File packaging automatically gathers and saves the necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report into a single folder. Efficiently hand off Illustrator files to production or keep your working files organized by packaging up your project.
- Unembedded images. Easily unembed images that have been placed and embedded in an Adobe Illustrator file. You can quickly make images available for editing or extract files embedded in artwork you received from someone else.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools. Create compelling vector graphics for print, web, mobile, and video. With precise shape-building tools, painterly brushes, and advanced path controls, you can experiment freely with intricate shapes, complex effects, and elegant typography.
- Mercury Performance System. Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. With native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows, the Adobe Mercury Performance System lets you access all your RAM to easily open, save, and export large files and preview intricate designs.
- Multiple artboards. Organize and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes, overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
- Gradients and transparency. Interact with gradients directly on objects, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colors, and adjusting opacity. Apply gradients to strokes – along the length, across the width, or within the stroke itself.
- Variable-width strokes. Draw strokes with variable widths, quickly and smoothly adjusting at any point. Create and save width profiles and apply them to any stroke, or use variable-width presets.
- Crisp graphics for web and mobile. Create and align vector objects precisely on your document’s pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for precise control over individual text frames.
- Image Trace. Convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine that provides exceptional control over colors and shapes. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable results using simple, intuitive options.
- Pattern creation. Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different kinds of repeating vector patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
- PSD file with clipping path having double bytes characters in its name isn’t masked
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.4.1:
- Dashed lines display incorrectly for rectangles with rounded corners
- [macOS only] When SVG settings are set in the SVG Options, the changes are not applied
- The SVG file exported through Export for screens does not open properly
- In Illustrator version 25.4.6, the Illustrator file cannot be exported to the DXF file
- Scripts are not permanently saved in the action set when Illustrator is restarted
- When outlining Type on a Path with composite fonts, the character size and angle change partially
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.3.1:
- Photoshop’s smart vector objects do not open in Illustrator when upgraded to Monterey 12.3
- [macOS only] The options in Save As on your computer window are disabled
- When the smart guide option is enabled, constrain or holding shift key feature does not work for transform tools
- [macOS only] Arabic text appears inaccurately in Illustrator files
- [macOS only] Unable to limit the third-party applications using AppleScript
- [macOS only] Performance issue in Illustrator when the Show Grid in outline preview option is enabled
- [macOS only] Jagged lines and blocks appear on the corners of objects that were filled with transparency gradients previously
- Remove the window to take a tour, show customize tool menu, library capabilities
- The zoom level shows incorrectly when the Illustrator file is in Pixel Preview mode
- GPU preview does not function when a PSD file with transparent areas in grayscale mode is placed in Illustrator
- Unable to read certain *tif files when Illustrator is updated to version 26.0.2
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.2.0:
- In Illustrator 26.1, the Type on a Path object does not position accurately when placed on the artwork
- [macOS only] When working with brushes on a Wacom device in Illustrator 25.4.1, the Pressure option in the Brush Options dialog box is disabled
- [macOS only] Black boxes appear when the zoom value crosses 1600% on CPU Preview mode
- [macOS only] The artboard/canvas greys out when the zoom value crosses 1600% on CPU Preview mode
- [macOS only] Illustrator canvas displays white and blue colors while selecting any object
- [macOS only] The functions such as drag, Option + drag, or Shift + drag an object do not work accurately
- When working with the View > Outline option selected, the View > View Using GPU option is disabled
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.1.0:
- In the Align panel, Distribute Spacing works only when the Units option is in Points
- Shortcuts assigned to actions are lost when the action set is rearranged manually
- Locked background objects move while using the Lasso selection tool
- Numbers used in the text box disappear when you right-click the text box and select Create Outlines
- The Transform Again option does not work correctly
- The width and height of the objects change proportionally when constrain option is deselected
- When Save in Background check box is selected, saving the document using the scripts does not work
- The pattern does not display accurate color when you reopen the saved Creative Cloud document
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.0.3:
- This release includes stability fixes.
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.0.2:
- Illustrator does not work or freezes when quitting the app
- When working with text on a new or existing document, discretionary hyphens do not function accurately
- Multiple log files with large sizes are created when working on Illustrator
- [macOS only] When the .AI file is saved with linked images and opened with Illustrator 26.0 or earlier versions, it displays the following error message “Illustrator could partially read this file”
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.0.1:
- Can’t type č from Czech keyboard and đ from vietnamese keyboard
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.0:
- The AdobeXMPScript framework that was used to read XMP data is missing in Illustrator 25.4
- Pre-typed text cannot be modified using the Fonts style menu in the Properties panel
- [macOS only] The layer name displays unreadable random characters for files with Japanese names exported in TIFF format
- [macOS only] When duplicated Pattern swatches are pasted in another document, the source pattern is applied to the duplicated ones
- The buttons in the Recolor Artwork panel display incorrect tooltips
- In the Swatch Options window, the color created in HSB mode displays sliders for RGB
- The modified unit values in Preferences > Units > General are not saved accurately
- In CC Libraries, the input, search, and rename functions for double-byte characters do no work
- In the Properties panel, values within each field cannot be dragged and selected
- The color picker does not apply the selected color to the object when the gradient slider is selected in the gradient panel
- Stability fixes
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) versions V21H1, V20H2, V1909, and V2004.
- Windows Server versions V1607 (2017) and V1809 (2019).
- macOS 12.0 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Size: 1.16 GB