Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more.
It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet, including TV shows, PVR and Live TV.
This media center has the customizable design and clean playback options. It also features Add-ons, Skins, UPnP compatibility, Web Interfaces, Remote Controls support and a lot more.
The Kodi project is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation, and developed by volunteers located around the world.
Kodi Media Center features:
Play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats. It has cue sheet, tagging support, MusicBrainz integration, and smart playlists for ultimate control of your music collection.
Supporting all the main video formats and sources, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM. Kodi can import these movies with full posters, fanart, disc-art, actor information, trailers, video extras, and more.
The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors. Video nodes/tags and smart playlists can further organize your library for special interests, making specific screens for sci-fi, anime, etc.
Import pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
PVR and Live TV
Watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
There are add-ons for videos, music, changing Kodi’s behavior, popular web services, adding more artwork, controlling your lights, and much much more.
Allows you to completely change the whole GUI. Thanks to the highly customizable skinning engine you are able to change every aspect of media center. Choose from dozens of community created skins, each with their own set of options, or create your own dream UI.
With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease. Have one UPnP master device and use other Kodi instances as clients which automatic keeps you watched status and library up-to-date. You can also now import from uPnp sources to synchronize your data inside instances of Kodi.
Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface. This brings loads of possibilities for remote controls, web browsers and 3rd party tools to take Kodi to the next level.
Control your media your way with support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps.
- Fixed favourites widget not scrolling properly on 16:10 displays
- Fixed API button was not reachable with a mouse on Settings window
- Fixed Skin Settings window scrollbar focus
- Fixed order of TV Show title and Episode title in Video Info dialog
- Added Search button to the side menu in the Video and Music windows
- Fixed Wall and Infowall views scroll to bottom on certain aspect-ratios
- Fixed broken side menu navigation in the Addon Browser window
- Fixed a Group Manager crash when adding a new group
- Fixed EPG UI corruption and/or EPG data not showing with newly added channels
- Fixed PVR guide window channel data being overwritten
- Added support for DTS-HD audio tracks
- Fixed wrong album or artist thumb art being picked from scraper results
Homepage – https://kodi.tv
Kodi runs on Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
Size: 58.0 MB