NetWorx is a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection.
NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only.
Furthermore, the software features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs.
It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system.
Using NetWorx, the incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged to a file, so that you can always view statistics about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration. The reports can be exported to a variety of formats, such as HTML, MS Word and Excel, for further analysis.
NetWorx Key Features:
- Clear graphic and/or numeric display.
- Usage reports, exportable to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
- Close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Support of dial-up, ISDN, cable modems, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Network information and testing tools with advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
- Options to notify the user or automatically disconnect from the Internet when the network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
- Dial-up session journal with detailed information about every session.
- Absolutely free and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
With NetWorx You Can …
- Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
- Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
- Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
- Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
- Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
- Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
Changes in NetWorx 6.2.8 (2020-03-16):
- Improved: LAN traffic filtering uses near-zero CPU even at high speeds.
- Changed: removed WinPCap support due to its limitations and start-up issues on some systems.
- Changed: removed per IP address recording as incompatible with CPU-efficient monitoring.
Changes in NetWorx 6.2.7 (2020-01-16):
- Improved: remember selected speed meter server between sessions.
- Improved: retain sort order when refreshing apps or sites view.
- Improved: automatically enable desk band when selected in installer.
- Updated: LAN traffic filtering drivers (larger UDP message buffer).
- Changed: Windows 7 is the minimum required OS version.
Changes in NetWorx 6.2.6 (2019-10-14):
- Added: user prompt on uninstall whether to remove all data.
- Added: drill-down reports by IP address/by application and vice versa.
- Added: sound and message notification in the Connection Monitor.
- Added: speed meter test server can be chosen from several alternatives.
- Updated: LAN traffic filtering driver.
Changes in NetWorx 6.2.5 (2019-05-21):
- Added: user input controls for time in Site and Application reports.
- Added: double-click in most reports reveals per-application usage during the specified period.
- Fixed: in multi-monitor setups, graph window jumping to a different monitor after another window was moved there.
- Fixed: colour inconsistency between the usage graph and historical charts.
- Fixed: upscaled appearance of the popup menu when the graph is shown.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 10.8 MB