FrostWire is an open source, peer-to-peer file sharing program for the BitTorrent protocols. Above all, it is free program, and you can run it on any computer with an internet connection. FrostWire uses very little minimum system requirements.
Join millions of other file sharers and download unlimited music, movies, and games. A large variety of files you will find on FrostWire, and searching for them is quick and easy. Never again pay for a service that could be dirt cheap. – if it weren’t being run by profiteering gluttons.
This application is written in Java. Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and now FrostWire only uses the BitTorrent network. You can now use this program to send large files or entire folders to Colleagues, Friends and family.
- Completely Free and open-source
- Send large files and folders
- Firewall-to-firewall transfers
- Turbo-Charged Download Speeds
- Full featured BitTorrent support
- Magnet Link compatible
- SoundCloud compatible
- Built-in Video Player
- Wi-Fi sharing for Mac, PC, Android
- Kindle Fire HD compatible
- Internet Radio support
- New Media Library and Audio Player
- iTunes Integration
- Max. speed network connections
- Junk Result Filters
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Proxy Support
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
FrostWire performs a Smart Search upon the most relevant torrent search results. They come from BitTorrent search engines. That means it remembers every file contained by every torrent. It scans increasing greatly the chance to find what you are looking for, super fast.
Changes in FrostWire 6.8.1 Build 286:
- Fixed an issue on which the installer was not able to detect the new 64-bit “FrostWire.exe” during installation and this would end up in errors that some users may not have understood had to do with the fact that FrostWire was still running in the background and files could not be written in the installation folder.
- Using the WMI API we were able to find the 64-bit process from our 32-bit installer and shut it down so the installation can re-write the files it needs.
Homepage – http://www.frostwire.com
Supported Operating systems:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP0 for Intel processors (No ARM support yet)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later (64-bit)
- Linux, Unix such as Solaris (64-bit)
- Android +4.0.3
Size: 28.6 MB