Dropbox 170.3.5866 Beta/ 169.4.5684 Stable
Dropbox is a free Web based file online storage service. It lets you bring all your videos, photos and docs anywhere and share them easily. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, mobile devices and even the Dropbox website.
The app also makes it super easy to share with others, whether you’re a student or professional, parent or grandparent. Even if you accidentally spill a latte on your laptop, have no fear!
You can relax knowing that Dropbox always has you covered, and none of your stuff will ever be lost. The application works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences.
Any files or folders inside Dropbox application will get synchronized to Dropbox’s servers and any other computer linked to your account.
Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they’re synced and up to date. All data is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 before storage. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents.
There are a total of 10 clients, including versions for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux (official and unofficial). As well as versions for mobile devices, such as Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad and BlackBerry. Also a web-based client for when no local client is installed.
The service uses the freemium financial model and its free service provides 2 GB of free online storage. Users who refer Dropbox to others can gain up to 8 GB of free storage. The service’s major competitors include Box.net, Microsoft OneDrive, Ubuntu One, SugarSync, Mozy, ZumoDrive, SpiderOak and Wuala.
Your files anywhere.
- 2 GB of space for free, with subscriptions up to 100 GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits
- Shared folders allow people to work together on the same projects and documents.
- See other people’s changes instantly.
- Create photo galleries viewable by anyone you choose.
- Send a link to any file using your Public folder.
- Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry keep your files at hand.
- Edit files in your account from your phone.
- Easily upload your photos and videos.
- Share freely with family and friends.
Your stuff is safe.
- Keeps a one-month history of your work.
- Protects your files without you needing to think about it.
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- All transmission of file data occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL).
- All stored files are encrypted (AES-256).
There are both free and paid services, each with varying options. In comparison to similar services, Dropbox offers a relatively large number of user clients across a variety of desktop and mobile operating systems.
Changes in Version 170.3.xxx:
- We’re beginning to roll out new share modal experience for files
Fixed in this update:
- macOS: Enabled sync for files with unusual filenames
- macOS: Fixed a crash that resulted in some users not being able to open the app
- macOS: Fixed functionality to preserve ‘Last Opened Date’ of files in Finder
- macOS: Improved performance and reliability of migration
Changes in Version 169.4.5684:
- Fixed an issue that caused tray banner notifications to persist when switching accounts.
- Fixed a bug that caused occasional freezing while re-installing or uninstalling Dropbox on Windows.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from seeing notifications on macOS 12.0 and below.
Changes in Version 168.4.4802:
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from adding a payment method when they have no active payment method.
- Fixed a bug that prevented online-only files from being launched from File Explorer on certain versions of Windows 10 and above.
- Fixed an issue that caused a persistent notification that couldn’t be dismissed for users that had successfully shared content.
- Fixed an issue where users upgrading to Dropbox for macOS may have gotten stuck in a loading state.
Changes in Version 167.4.4719:
- Improved migration and initial sync performance for users upgrading for macOS.
Changes in Version 166.4.2920:
- Fixed issue that caused app to get stuck for users with low disk space while using Backup.
- Fixed issue where failed auto-updates for Mac users continuously created temporary directories that were not cleaned up.
Homepage – https://www.dropbox.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 not in S mode
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) up to macOS Big Sur 11
- Ubuntu 14.04 or higher, Fedora 21 or higher
- Android 6 or later
- iOS 12 or later
Size: 174 MB
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 169.4.5684 for Windows
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 169.4.5684 for Linux
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 169.4.5684 for macOS (Intel)
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 169.4.5684 for macOS (Apple Silicon)
DOWNLOAD Dropbox for Android
DOWNLOAD for Windows Mobile