Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
Changes in Tixati 3.19 (May 26, 2023):
- fixed cumulative overflow problems in piece creation limiter
- added workaround for popup menu positioning problems on GTK3-Wayland desktops
- now correctly applying language translations in new tree/list view controls
- fixed problems with optional column selection in split DL/UL transfers view
- no completion notifications for files/folders with priority set to off
Changes in Tixati 3.18 (May 7, 2023):
- Linux version GUI fully updated to GTK3
- completely new tree/list view for all Windows and Linux builds, no longer depending on OS common controls
- refined initial scanning procedures to better handle seed files with a different length than expected
- fixed waiting problems with local file scanning on program startup
- added workaround to load malformed v1+2 torrents that have zero-length files misplaced around padding files
- new customizable Piece Creation Limiter in Settings > Transfers > Files to help avoid excess RAM buffering with slow hard drives
- new charts showing total pieces in memory and pending save in Help > Diagnostics > Pieces Monitor
- fixed problem loading v2 .torrent files that have nested subdirectories named “info”
- fixed web seed queuing problems that would cause excessive waiting after HTTP redirect
- new file ordered priority options to keep existing order while inserting / appending additional files
- fixed problems with Trackers column in main transfers view, will now match presets even with non-standard line spacing
- increased limit on number of trackers that can be set in a torrent, from 128 to 300
- fixed problems with default font fallback on rich text views
- fixed rich text view selection rendering problems when backscroll is trimmed for logs and chat rooms
- fixed rich text view problems when new lines are added during drag-select operation
- flags in tree/list views now display at correct height-based sizing instead of width-based
- fixed problems updating toolbar styles after change in Settings > UI > Widget Styles
- excessively long tooltips are now properly truncated and ellipsized to avoid flickering problems
- several other minor visual fixes in the GUI
- updated IP location tables
Homepage – https://www.tixati.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 16.9 MB