eMule is a popular, open source P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing client for Microsoft Windows. Started in May 2002 as an alternative to eDonkey2000, eMule now connects to both the eDonkey network and the Kad network.
The distinguishing features of eMule are the direct exchange of sources between client nodes, fast recovery of corrupted downloads, and the use of a credit system to reward frequent uploaders.
Furthermore, eMule transmits data in zlib-compressed form to save bandwidth. The app is coded in Microsoft Visual C++ using the Microsoft Foundation Classes.
eMule is one of the biggest and most reliable P2P file sharing clients around the world. Many developers contribute to the project, so the network gets more and more efficient with every new version.
As of July 2002 eMule has been free software, released under the GNU General Public License; its popularity has led to eMule’s codebase being used as the basis of a Linux-specific client, xMule, and a multiplatform client, aMule, along with the release of many eMule mods (modifications of the original eMule) on the Internet.
A list of a few eMule features available:
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad). Kad is now in an open testphase
- eMule’s Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- Completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect. We do this for fun and knowledge, not for money.
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
- The Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
- Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, we recommend the Video Lan Client.
- The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
- You can create categories for your download to organize them.
- Wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
- Allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
- With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
- With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
Changes in eMule 0.60c Community Version (May 14, 2021):
- regressions, including one in UPnP Windows service implementation
- use BindAddr variable in UPnP miniupnpc library implementation
- restore from tray icon should be more reliable
- allow MediaInfo.dll version 21.03
- removed high DPI avareness from manifest
Changes in eMule 0.60b Community Version (January 17, 2021):
- incorrectly disabled
Previewitem in context menu of downloads list
- memory leak in storing searches routine
- regression in frame grabber
- AICH tag publishing
- display of file rating in Comments (build 2)
- crash on bad regular expression (build 2)
- regression in PartFileConvert GUI (build 3)
Changes in eMule 0.50a (April 5, 2010):
- Added preferences.ini-only option “ExtraPreviewWithMenu” which makes eMule put the “Preview with” command into the root context menu rather than into the preview menu (only applies to extended controls with multiple preview programs set)
- Added “Open preferences.ini” button to the extended options. Remember that you have to close the app before saving any changes if you want to edit any not preferences.ini-only settings
- AICH hashs work properly in all collection types now
Homepage – https://www.emule-project.net/
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.08 MB