Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2022 is the design software built for manufacturing. Part of the Digital Prototyping solution, it includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus libraries of standards-based parts and tools for automating common mechanical CAD tasks and accelerating the mechanical design process.
You can insert various types of standardized parts so that you can complete your drafting projects or mechanical drawings faster than usual. Once you added the elements, you can move, rotate, mirror, stretch, trim and scale them as you see fit, then measure or group them. You can also draw multiple types of lines, circles or arcs, then adjust them to your necessities.
Furthermore, you can attach dedicated frames or layers, then import CAD objects from other files (such as STEP or IGES). Additionally, AutoCAD Mechanical comes in handy to those looking to insert text strings within their projects, add symbols (for leader note, surface texture or welding).
Another function of this Autodesk software is that you can access the content libraries, screw templates, steel shapes, shafts and holes, as well as calculate the correct values for springs, chains and belts.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022 Features:
Mechanical design productivity:
- Content manager Standard Parts live update. Get instant revisions and standards updates.
- Document 3D CAD models. Document native Inventor part and assembly models.
- Custom Content library. Ceate and save custom content.
- 700,000 standard parts and features. Get enhanced mechanical drafting tools.
- Mechanical drafting standards update. ISO 1302-2002 surface texture symbols.
- Reusable mechanical drawing detailing tools. Specific tools for mechanical drafting.
- Layer management. Automatically place items on the correct layer.
- Hidden lines. Geometry automatically updates when changes occur.
- Machinery generators and calculators. Better analyze your designs.
- Part publishing support for custom parts. Add custom parts to content library.
- Extended draw toolbar for manufacturing. Get drafting tools designed for mechanical.
- Infer constraint integration. Automatically constrain objects.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022 engineering documentation:
- Autodesk Synergy for mechanical engineering. Create associative section and detail views of 3D models.
- Smart mechanical engineering dimensions. Create dimensions using abbreviated dialog boxes.
- Support for international drafting standards. Deliver standards-based design documentation.
- Associative balloons and bills of materials (enhanced). Create automated part lists and BOMs.
- Dimension in-place editor. Select multiple dimensions at once.
- BOM migration. Automatic mapping and template setup.
- JIS and DIN content libraries. Extensive content libraries for Japan and Germany.
- Autodesk Content Explorer. Search using file objects or text attributes.
- Mechanical drafting annotation monitor. Check for dissociated annotations in model space.
- Trace – Have you ever needed a safe space to collaborate on drawing changes in the AutoCAD web and mobile apps without fear of altering the existing drawing? Think of trace as a virtual, collaborative sheet of tracing paper that’s laid over the drawing, allowing collaborators to add feedback right in the drawing.
- Share Current Drawing – Share a link to a copy of the current drawing to view or edit in the AutoCAD web app. The shared file includes all related dependent files such as xrefs and font files.
- Push to Autodesk Docs – Teams can now view digital PDFs in the field for reference. Use Push to Autodesk Docs to upload AutoCAD drawings as PDFs to a specific project on BIM 360 or Autodesk Docs.
- Count – Getting an accurate count of the number of object in your drawing is easier than ever. You can also use the Count palette to display and manage the counted blocks in the current drawing.
- Floating Drawing Windows – Drag a file tab off of the AutoCAD application window, creating a floating window. This makes it easy to move the drawing to another monitor.
- Start Tab Redesign – With this redesign we provided a consistent welcome experience for Autodesk products.
- 3D Graphics Technical Preview – We’re excited to include a Technical Preview of a completely new cross platform 3D graphics system being developed for AutoCAD. This new graphics system leverages the power of modern GPUs and multi-core CPUs to offer a smooth navigation experience for much larger drawings than in prior releases.
External References: The nested xrefs display the correct order in the tree view. The xrefs saved in older file format are correctly saved during in-place editing.
Properties Palette: Property changes in the Properties palette no longer cause a fatal error.
Point Style: Point style works in all the localized versions in the menu bar.
Dynamic Block: Grip-editing a dynamic block shows the correct grip point location.
DWG Launcher: When drawing association is set to AutoCAD DWG Launcher, double-clicking opens the drawing in a single instance.
Detail View: AMDETAIL command creates the correct detail view without a fatal error.
Mechanical Layer: Turning the layer on and off retains the table at the expected location.
AMGDBIMPORT: AMGDBIMPORT command no longer displays a database error.
Bill of Materials: When used in the BOM, the mask file prints without any fatal error.
File Open: Opening MDT files with a Standards template no longer causes a crash.
Leader Note: Localized versions display the correct font when editing the leader note for standard parts.
Compare Import: COMPAREIMPORT command imports all selected AutoCAD Mechanical objects.
- The Brazing option correctly clears any non-applicable weld type.
- When a secondary weld is selected, the Pitch value displays correctly in the JIS weld symbol.
- When the weld symbol is placed on a model doc view, saving to an older file format works without a fatal error.
- The controls in the Weld Symbol dialog box do not overlap.
- REDO command works without getting disabled after an UNDO operation in AMPOWERDIM.
- Properties of a partially deleted dimension can be changed from the Properties palette without causing the application to hang.
- When the prefix field contains a space, editing a power dimension does not remove the characters from the suffix.
Homepage – https://www.autodesk.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit).
- macOS Mojave 10.14, Catalina 10.15, Big Sur 11
Size: 1.87 GB