Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox based isolation program for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you can run or install all applications without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows to control testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space. It prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
- Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
- Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation. So when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Changes in Sandboxie Plus 1.11.2 / 5.66.2 Classic:
- added update warning when updating with an expired personal certificate
- added an option to terminate the UI by clicking the close button
- added an option to restore a window which has been minimized to the System Tray with a single click
- added an option to minimize the app to the System Tray by clicking minimize button
- added an independent desktop integration setting
- moved tray option to an own tab
- replaced some graphics with better compressed ones (thanks idealths)
- fixed subscription certificate recognition issue
- fixed logo cut-off in the About window
- fixed issue with file recovery when using ramdisk
Changes in Sandboxie Plus 1.10.5 / 5.65.5 Classic:
- Don’t close submenus on mouse-leave
- Fixed issue with verification of business certificates
Changes in Sandboxie Plus 1.10.4 / 5.65.4 Classic:
- fixed x64 version 1.10.3 crash on startup
- fixed issue with buttons not translated in the wizards
Changes in Sandboxie Plus 1.10.3 / 5.65.3 Classic:
- added support for URL shortcut files in Run Menu
- added workaround for NtQueryObject locking up in exotic scenarios, to enable it use ‘UseDriverObjLookup=y’
- Addon Manager: added tooltip to version column with maintainer information
- added mechanism to open websites for addons
- improved business certificate handling, added usage count and machine bound options
- fixed issues with pinned shortcuts
- fixed Process Suspend/Resume context menu
- fixed issues with installers created with Qt
Homepage – https://www.sandboxie.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Translations: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
Size: 2.23 MB