Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for homecinema usage and looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional extra features.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing.
The MPC Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly.
This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 11, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.06
- Added support for rendering subtitles on DX11 surface. This is utilized by MPC Video Renderer (version 0.6.0 and above) in DX11 mode.
- Added option to automatically save a downloaded subtitle file. When enabled it saves the active subtitle when closing the video file.
- Added advanced option to specify preferred audio format (AAC/Opus) when streaming from Youtube.
- The command line parameter /play without further parameters will now resume last opened file.
- The command line parameter /pns now also supports explicit position and zoom values.
- Added support for rendering WebP image with internal filters.
- Added advanced option to specify image display duration. This setting is only supported by “Generate Still Video” and “MPC Image Source” filters. Generate Still Video seems to use a minimum of 10 seconds, so be aware of that. Image formats rendered by the internal LAV Filters will now have infinite duration (at 1 fps) so they are no longer quickly skipped over in a playlist. Custom duration is not supported by that filter.
- The “Playlist” context menu option on the Formats options page now controls whether the “Add to Playlist” context menu entry is created.
- AB repeat values are now remembered when file is reloaded after resuming from sleep.
- When saving MPCPL playlist file, it now always uses relative paths when logical.
- Fixed regression with moving subs up/down.
- Fixed an issue with WebVTT subtitles when changing playback rate.
- Fixed an issue with FullscreenSeparateControls option when moving to next file.
- A few small bug fixes.
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.03
- Added option to keep player controls visiable on current monitor when showing fullscreen video on another monitor
Options > Advanced > FullscreenSeparateControls
Options > Playback > Fullscreen > Fullscreen Monitor
- AB Repeat markers are now saved in file history (when remember position is enabled)
- Improved positioning of PGS subtitles
- Setting volume through command line now also unmutes
- Reverted change in previous version that would reset remembered file position after reaching 95% of duration
- Fixed issue that could give low resolution subtitle when using fullscreen exclusive mode in MPCVR
- Fixed issue that could give low resolution subtitle when switching from PGS to a text-based subtitle type
- Fixed issue with VMR9 renderer where external subtitles would not adjust to playback rate changes
- A few other minor fixes
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.76.1
- Rewritten code that deals with file history. It works better with multiple instances now.
- Remembered file position now resets to 0 when playback has reached 95% of file duration when closing the player. We assume that end credits have been reached in that case.
- Remembered file position also resets to 0 when pressing stop button. So close player directly or open other file without pressing stop if you wish to resume later.
- The uninstaller now unregisters file associations
- The last used QuickOpen and SaveImage paths are now remembered individually
- Added support for extended locale names in subtitles menu
- Decimal values are now possible for subtitle font spacing and border width/shadow settings
- Now supports loading chapter metadata from .xchp file. Use text file (UTF-8 encoding). Each line is a chapter defined as HH:MM:SS,ddd timecode, optionally followed by a space and chapter name.
- Fixed issue where PGS subtitles could be partially rendered outside of visible area
- Fixed regression with reading CDText metadata
- Fixed regression regarding auto-hide of toolbar in case of two monitors with vertical placement
- Workaround for Windows 11 bug where the options dialog was not rendered properly for RTL languages
- Workaround for Windows 10/11 bug where subtitle download dialog could become visible when using taskbar window peek
- Several other small bugs
Homepage – https://mpc-hc.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 16.0 MB