Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for homecinema usage and looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional extra features.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing.
The MPC Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly.
This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 11, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.77.1-1-g6f78a
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.12
- When A-B repeat is active, HOME button now seeks to A position instead of beginning.
- Add support for new LayoutResX/Y ASS subtitle header.
- Correctly apply scaling to blur tag in ASS subtitles.
- Some improvements to the FreeType fallback path for font rendering. Fixes rare issue of missing text with certain complex fonts that fail with GDI.
- Added new advanced option MouseLeftUpDelay. This delays the left click action on the video area in anticipation of a double-click. Can be used to prevent unwanted pausing when toggling fullscreen. Suggested value is 250ms. Disabled by default.
- Fixed a decoding issue with certain TrueHD audio streams
- Filename was wrong when saving downloaded subtitle when moving to next file in folder/playlist
- Fixed style issue with embedded WebVTT
- Fixed hang in SaveThumbnails on seek failure with an incomplete file
- Fixed issue with seekbar safezone in the case that video area is hidden
- Several other small fixes
Changes in MPC Home Cinema 1.9.24 (2022-11-12):
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.77-1-gfd3c1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.09
Changes/ additions/ improvements:
- Re-added support for nested M3U/PLS inside M3U playlist
- Store device name of selected fullscreen monitor in addition to the display name. This allows selecting the correct monitor in the situation where Windows shuffles display names around.
- Properly handle NONE as value for YCbCr Matrix subtitle header
- Added freetype font rendering path as fallback for characters that fail to render with GDI.
- Support loading subtitles from subfolder “\subs\FILENAME”
- Fixed some issues with AB repeat
- Several other small fixes
Homepage – https://mpc-hc.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 16.4 MB