Mp3tag 3.20b – Free Tag Editor
Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Changes in Mp3tag 3.20 (2023-03-31):
- [2023-03-21] NEW: added keyboard shortcuts Shift+Return to add and Shift+Del to remove custom list values via Tag Panel.
- [2023-03-15] FIX: custom list values did not respect use natural sorting configuration setting.
- [2023-03-11] FIX: enabled state of Tag Panel fields was lost in some cases and resulted in unexpected behavior.
- [2023-03-11] NEW: added import of custom list values from text file at ‘Options > Tag Panel > Edit’.
- [2023-03-11] NEW: added export of custom list values to text file at ‘Options > Tag Panel > Edit’.
- [2023-03-09] CHG: consolidated user-defined genres to be also implemented via Tag Panel custom list values and retired Options > Genres.
- [2023-03-08] NEW: added Tag Panel field sizes Full, Larger, Large, Medium, Small, Smaller, and Tiny.
- [2023-03-03] NEW: added configuration option to reset track counter at auto-numbering wizard on new disc.
- [2023-02-23] FIX: dynamically generated menus for Actions and Tag Sources were not accessible for screen readers.
- [2023-02-23] FIX: cover-type submenu at Edit > Cover was not accessible for screen readers.
- [2023-02-03] FIX: progress dialog when importing tags from text file did not reflect import progress.
- LNG: updated Armenian, Brazilian Portuguese, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Simplified Chinese, and Turkish translation.
Changes in Mp3tag 3.19 (2023-01-27):
- [2023-01-24] CHG: moved configuration setting to preserve file modification time when saving tags from Tags to General.
- [2023-01-24] CHG: moved configuration setting to display grid lines at file view from General to Appearance.
- [2023-01-24] CHG: retired the Tools main menu and moved entries for Options to File main menu and auto-numbering wizard to Convert main menu.
- [2023-01-23] CHG: `BPM` field for MP4 now only displays the bpm value without extra formatting.
- [2023-01-23] FIX: mnemonic key entry for certain menu items not displaying as intended for some translations.
- [2023-01-23] FIX: action Format value for `_FILENAME` showed another error message on retry after sharing violation even when retry condition was met.
- [2023-01-18] FIX: navigating to next directory in history via Alt + left arrow key resulted in runtime error if triggered from last entry in history.
- [2022-12-01] NEW: added option to increase disc counter (and reset track counter) at auto-numbering wizard on field-value change.
- [2022-12-01] NEW: added option to reset disc counter at auto-numbering wizard on field-value change.
- [2022-11-29] FIX: editing Tag Panel fields with `_SEPARATOR` had not all other fields disabled.
- [2022-10-27] CHG: uninstaller has now a checkbox to explicitly enable removing of configuration data instead of using a confirmation dialog.
- [2022-10-21] FIX: cover type couldn’t be changed via extended tag dialog (since v3.16b).
- [2022-10-10] FIX: tracks frame wasn’t resized correctly at Tag Sources confirmation dialog.
- [2022-10-10] FIX: previous start menu folder wasn’t used when updating 64-bit version.
- [2022-10-07] CHG: extended error message when writing too large cover art to FLAC.
- [2022-10-07] CHG: information field `%_id3v2_unknown_frames%` now reports the ID3v2 frame identifiers.
- [2022-10-04] FIX: runtime error at right click on cover window of non-audio image file with 64-bit version.
- [2022-10-03] FIX: MusicBrainz tag source issue with artist names containing vertical bar character.
- LNG: updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese-CN, Corsican, Czech, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish translation.
Homepage – https://mp3tag.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.23 MB