Audacity 3.2.5 – Free audio software
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, AAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 files, and more.
Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, apply effects to your recordings, change the speed or pitch of a recording, and really much more.
Audacity enables FLAC support. The program also has a built-in amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency-analysis window for audio-analysis applications.
The program has the built-in effects, including Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
Audacity is without a doubt one of the best and easiest digital audio editors on the market and it will meet any requirement at 100% no matter if it is home or professional audio edition.
Audacity Key Features:
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Record live audio.
- Supports 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit (floating point) samples (the latter preserves samples in excess of full scale).
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by choosing “Windows WASAPI” host in Device Toolbar then a “loopback” input.
- Import and Export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- Import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC) and WMA with the optional FFmpeg library (this also supports import of audio from video files).
- Numerous effects including change speed or pitch and vocal reduction or isolation (given suitable stereo tracks).
- And more! See the complete list of features.
Changes in version 3.2.5:
- Fixes authorization flow for the audio.com sharing service
Changes in version 3.2.4:
- Fixed the meters not retaining size
Changes in version 3.2.3:
- Audio can now be shared publicly on audio.com
- Fixed the screenshot tool
- Selecting audio no longer marks the project as changed
- A new toolbar with cut/copy/paste buttons has been added
- Plain UI for VST3 plugins no longer show MIDI CC parameters
- The effects sidebar no longer can fill the entire screen
Changes in version 3.2.2:
- VST2 effects are now realtime capable.
- Additional plugins have been added to plugins.audacityteam.org
- Improved accessibility of the meters
- Fixed a crash when editing some macro parameters
- Fixed some play commands getting stuck in play mode
- Audacity no longer quietly discards changes in realtime effects but instead asks if you want to save before quitting
- Plugin scanning now lets you skip individual plugins if scanning gets stuck on them
- Plugin scanning no longer produces “Audacity crashed” windows when a plugin fails validation,
and no longer shows the plugins in the macOS dock during validation
- Fixed an issue with labels losing focus on macOS Ventura
- Fixed various plugin-specific issues
Changes in version 3.2.1:
- Fixed Audacity crashing on startup on some systems.
- Fixed a crash when applying Waves Berzerk Distortion Mono to a mono track
- Fixed a freeze when very quickly starting and stopping playback.
- macOS: Homebrew FFmpeg installs are now found automatically
- macOS: Fixed Melda VST Plugin UI
- Building with VST3 support is now possible without Conan.
Changes in version 3.2.0:
Homepage – https://www.audacityteam.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 11.
- macOS 10.9 and later.
Size: 12.5 MB