Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, AAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 files, and more.
Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, apply effects to your recordings, change the speed or pitch of a recording, and really much more.
The program has the built-in effects, including Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
Audacity is without a doubt one of the best and easiest digital audio editors on the market and it will meet any requirement at 100% no matter if it is home or professional audio edition.
Audacity Key Features:
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Record live audio.
- Supports 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit (floating point) samples (the latter preserves samples in excess of full scale).
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by choosing “Windows WASAPI” host in Device Toolbar then a “loopback” input.
- Import and Export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- Import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC) and WMA with the optional FFmpeg library (this also supports import of audio from video files).
- Numerous effects including change speed or pitch and vocal reduction or isolation (given suitable stereo tracks).
- And more! See the complete list of features.
Changes in version 3.3.3:
- Some built-in effects are realtime capable now
- Added new Shelf Filter effect, it’s in the EQ & Filters category
- Added initial (beta) version of a beats and measures feature, you can enable it via View → Toolbars → Time Signature Toolbar (beta), then right-clicking the timeline to change to beats and measures, and then changing the snapping and time and selection toolbar clocks to a beats format.
- A new vertical ruler (Linear (dB)) has been added, you can enable it by right-clicking on the vertical ruler.
- Project Rate has been moved to the Audio Setup button → Audio Settings and renamed Project Sample Rate
Changes in version 3.3.2:
- Linux AppImage fails to start.
- Issues with selection and time toolbars on Linux packages.
- Missing duration input in generators on Linux packages.
- Potentialy extreme memory usage with Jack host.
- Anonymous upload to audio.com is disabled.
Changes in version 3.3.1:
- Fixed cut lines massively inflating project size.
- Fixed custom project sample rates being uneditable.
- Fixed crash reporting being disabled.
- Audacity now shows an error if the upload to audio.com exceeds file size limits.
- Fixed an error in calculating channels when uploading to audio.com.
Homepage – https://www.audacityteam.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 11.
- macOS 10.9 and later.
Size: 13.3 MB